• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henry moves centre stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

now he can concentrate in playing football.

He is not ready yet

It is clear that the voting is done purely on CL games as these games are shown worldwide. Arsenal need to get further and also there games need to be shown more often to show case his skills

Can anyone tell me what has Zindine done to win this award. I say **** all.

Erickson did not vote for him. Bastard

vin de guerre

i'm leaving Israel (our coach is a total w*nker) I reckon I will go off to Argentina where the coach knows his business and I can watch Arsenal!

patrick42uk

Established Member
henry is not a better footballer than zidane, therefore he cannot be the world's best. Zidane is retiring in two years, leaves the door open for a new world best...

patrick42uk

Established Member
henry is not a better footballer than zidane, therefore he cannot be the world's best. Zidane is retiring in two years, leaves the door open for a new world best...

patrick42uk

Established Member

Kyla

The fact that the award isn't based on actual merit but on the favourtism of football managers, then it was inevitable that everyobdy was a winner but Henry. Zidane may be more accompolished on the ball but Thierry has proved equally adept. Henry is a complete player.

JazzG

Established Member
patrick42uk said:

This award isn't who is the best footballer, it is who was the best for 2003. I watched a lot of la liga last season and this award should NOT of gone to Zidane.

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/...1115431,00.html

So Henry has created more chances than Zidane and scored more in less games yet Zidane wins......

Assists

Henry - 18 in 36 games (highest in europe)
Zidane - 17 in 44 games (2nd highest in europe)
Ronaldo - 6 in 45 games

Goals

Ronaldo 37 in 45 games - 0.82 goals per game (highest in europe)
Henry - 24 in 36 games - 0.66 goals per game(4th highest)
Zidane - 10 in 44 games - 0.23 goals per game

Ronaldo scored more but look at the assists also look at the team Ronaldo is in, he has people left right and centre creating for him, watch their matches and you will see this. Henry as our top goal scorer was also top of the assists chart. Henry has carried the attack of our team due to many of our key players going missing this year.

Henry has had an amazing yr and he has got robbed imo.

If nedved had won it fair enough but no way was Zidane this year better than Henry. Henry was the main man for France and Arsenal this year. If he had played for R.Madrid I'd bet my right testicle he would of won this award.

patrick42uk

Established Member
based on your criteria, why is it 'fair enough' if Nedved had won it? wouldnt it be as much as an injustice as you think it is that Zidane won it?

JazzG

Established Member
Because I saw Nedved play a lot and he was inspirational for Juve. He didn't have loads of direct assists or goals but he was involved in loads of their build up play.

You could say the same for Zidane but Nedved did this more consistantly.

A

Anonymous

Hang on i'll get the Violins out,the Refs, linesmen, the FA now FIFA :shock: .

JazzG

Established Member
FIFA aren't anti arsenal. They are just so pro R.Madrid, last 3 years R.Madrid players have won it. All 3 didn't deserve it as well...

A

Anonymous

Zidane is simply amazing, the best player on the planet.

If you compare Henrys performance agaisnt Blackburn and Zidanes against Deportivo then Zidane should have easily won, some of the guys skills are :shock: (but i know it is not based on one game lol).

I think it was close between all three, and any one of them could have won, so Zidane winning is fair enough for me.

Kyla

So what if Zidane's got more air and graces, natural touches and cuter flicks. Did he actually deserve it this year? As far as I am concerned, Thierry was the driving force behind the best football ever seen in the British Isles (Wengerball) in 2002 and spearheaded an attack to rival that of Madrid's on countless occassions. So quite clearly the award is not handed out on technical merit alone- if Thierry played for either AC, Juve or Madrid 1st place wouldn't be in doubt. Still, I hope these managers eat their words- hopefully his performance against Inter Milan (which incidentally came too late) will help the humble pie being fed more forcibly.

The Premier

Frankly, I don't think this award is worth the paper it is written on. In its entire history it has never been given to anyone unless they were playing either in Italy or in Spain at the time.

Henry's Girl

This award isn't who is the best footballer, it is who was the best for 2003. I watched a lot of la liga last season and this award should NOT of gone to Zidane.
you're damn right, henry deserved it.

(**** theres no more weapon smiley :evil: , ****ing fifa)
btw- i sent them a really nasty mail, wldnt make a difference but....

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Thierry IMO is the World Player of the Year and im sure he knows himself that he has played some amazing football this year. He doesn't need a trophy to remind him of that.

I dont think he will be so disappointed that his mind wont be on football on Saturday as i believe that he doesn't expect anything and i think he believes in the saying what happens, happens.

If he was meant to win the award he would have but maybe its not his time yet. There's always next year and Champions League performances againest Celta Vigo will help him next year to get the award.

Congrats on finishing second Thierry. :)

BTW I just saw pictures of Titi when he was a baby, he was so cute :) (he even had a football in his hands, that boy started early)

Andrew

Sol said:

If you compare Henrys performance agaisnt Blackburn and Zidanes against Deportivo then Zidane should have easily won, some of the guys skills are :shock: (but i know it is not based on one game lol).

I think it was close between all three, and any one of them could have won, so Zidane winning is fair enough for me.

It's a bit unfair to compare those peformances. Zidane had a lot of bad performances last year so you can't compare one of Henry's "bad" performance against Zidane in a good match. Would Zidane compare to Henry in the Inter Milan match?

But what I don't get about this award, is that how can player of the "year" be voted for months before the year ends? It should at least be announced after the year is over!

n_henry

Andrew said:
Sol said:

It's a bit unfair to compare those peformances. Zidane had a lot of bad performances last year so you can't compare one of Henry's "bad" performance against Zidane in a good match. Would Zidane compare to Henry in the Inter Milan match?

But what I don't get about this award, is that how can player of the "year" be voted for months before the year ends? It should at least be announced after the year is over!

:lol: about your last point - very good point. ;)

I'm not disappointed - I would be had Henry been beaten by Ronaldo, but I can handle him being beaten by Zizou. ;)

But yeah, Nedved should have been in the top 3....at the expense of Ronaldo.

But Zizou and Ronaldo are in it like every year.. so *shrugs*

And yeah, good point about the award during the last 10 years going to players in Italy or Spain.... it's pretty much always been known that the English league comes third to those two, more or less. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom