"Henry on form the best player in the world"

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Anonymous, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That statement is being branded around so often by fellow pros the press and coaches alike. I have to be honest and admit its really pissing me off now, i mean what the hell do they mean "on form.... either hes the best or not why always the bloody word form, are they really saying well Zidane is not on fire so urve got his tag until he chooses to proform again,. Then it will be zidane the best player in the world, without the on-form **** added.

It should be said by everyone that Henry is the best player in the world, period. Its like people are afraid to call him the best.

2. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

because when he's not on form, he looks like a spectator in matches.... thats why they say "on form".. really, it should say "when he's on his game"....

3. The Mini

The Mini New Member

That makes sense to the power of null. Henry for now is not the best player on the world, period. If Zidane is on a rough patch, he isnt and Henry is, this only proves how close it is in class at the top. Next season Henry will be the undisputed as Zidane will retire.

4. JazzG

JazzG New Member Elite

Not if Ronaldinho has another season like the last one

5. Adam

Adam New Member Elite

Jazz - What has Ronaldinho done that Henry hasn't? Henry scored more goals domestically and internationally, and the same goes assist wise.

6. thegame24

thegame24 New Member

Please explain?

what if henry has another season like the last?

7. Stim

Stim New Member Elite

Ronaldinho may do some nice tricks, gets a fair output from his play, but doesn't do enough to compete to be the best player in the world.

8. Gooner83

Gooner83 New Member

I can't beleive they are still shouting about Zidane the guy is past his best and Henry is approaching or at his best.

Ronaldinho is a very skillful player, but he wouldn't last over here as hes a lazy player and never runs after the ball if he looses it... if he looses it :mrgreen:

9. Stim

Stim New Member Elite

He would lose the ball over here, its a much faster pace and if he tries any fancy skill with some players they would just go straight through him. I think its better off that he sticks to Spain and continues his fancy tricks over there. But he still aint coming close to catching Henry to be the worlds best player, no matter how many tricks he pulls off :D

10. thegame24

thegame24 New Member

Gotta disagree about ronaldinho being lazy, he is very passionate about football and always tries his best.

11. JazzG

JazzG New Member Elite

Scoring over 20 goals from midfield is pretty impressive. Also played apart in most of their attacks, I'd say he has more assists than Henry as well this season. I watched him a lot for Barca and my god this guy was amazing, against the top sides and the lesser sides he shone. Amazing range of passing, amazing dribbling ability, a brilliant freekick, good headering of the ball, looks very 2 footed, shows great appreciation of players around him around him and usually picks out the best option. I'm so glad he didn't go to the mancs, he has everything it takes to be regarded as one of the all time greats, at such a young age he is brilliant and more naturally talented than any player I have ever seen in a long time.

Also never said he would be the best, The Mini said Henry would be undisputed best and that statement couldn't be further from the truth.

I don't agree with that at all. He is as if not more skillfull than Zidane and Henry and uses these tricks to great effect. Has amazing control of the ball and has an end product, some of his passes have been out of this world.

I watched him a lot for Barca and he was something else. There is a reason Chelsea were rumoured to be interested in breaking the world record fee for him. The mancs over on redcafe still cry about losing out on him and he has just been given a huge new contract by Barca to keep Chelsea away.

It pains me to say this but many times in big matches Henry has gone missing, mainly due to other players being poor so too much pressure on him. Until he performs in a trully big match he will have this choker thing over his head. I think players like Pires and Ljungberg are responsible for him not excelling in the CL but that is a topic for another time! He needs to really have a good Euro 2004 or really good CL campaign next season, many teams have have sussed him and our team out so something needs to change.

12. RocktheCasbah

RocktheCasbah New Member Elite

Such lazy, dismissive opinions of a genuine talent, I agree with people who think that had Ronaldinho signed for the mancs, they wouldn't have been so far behind us.
    Let's just be thankful he went to Barca, if some of you guys can't see how good he is, that's your problem. I have to say that I've really enjoyed watching him this season, he's been the best thing about La Liga, apart from Bilbao qualifying for the UEFA Cup!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i think ronaldinho has the potential to become one of the greatest ever
    whether or not he'll achieve it depends on him concentratin on his game instead of partying like brazilians love to do

14. Chips&CurrySauce

Chips&CurrySauce New Member Trusted

I agree, people that simply dismiss Ronaldinho and Zidane really don't know what they're talking about. Ok admitedly Zidane hasn't had his best season for Real but I certainly wouldn't write him off. His ball skills are amazing and he still has immence pace and power. It wouldn't suprise me if he was the main man for the French.

Ronaldinho is also a class act, up there with the very best. Since Christmas his club form and form for Brazil has been amazing, his natural ability is frightening. sure he does alot of tricks but all his tricks result in an end product. and I agree, if Manu signed Ronaldinho they really would have been very close to us. Thank god Kenyon made a total mess of it and ended up with Kleberson and Bellion instead!

In my opinion there really is not much seperating Henry, Zidane and Ronaldinho, they are all amazing players and I suppose it boils down to personal preference.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

manure paid for thier arrogance in bidding so low for ronaldinho they think they can lure any player to the **** place now well. WRONG even robben joined ****ski in preference to manure . manure r really in the **** hole they have no class players that attract other players unlike us who have henry, vieira, pires, reyes, sol, etc

16. Gurgen

Gurgen New Member Elite

I'm so sick and tired of people dismissing Henry as 'never shines in big matches or tournaments'.

What about France's topscorer (as a sub!) in France '98? Or how about Euro2000, equalising in the semis? How about Roma, Inter even Valencia last year? Ofcourse he didn't 'excell' vs. Chelski, they put 4 defenders on him ffs! Every time he got the ball, he was crowded in an instant. Don't tell me the same happens vs. Ronaldinho when he plays Albacete or whatever, the Spanish league is the very best one to play in for attackers. And what exactly has Ronaldinho shown in the CL? Oh, that's right, Barca didn't even play CL...

I'm not dismissing Ronaldinho's talent or anything, I just think it's rediculous to compare him to Henry, him being the ' star' and Henry being the 'star to be proven in the big matches'. Henry is a proven player and he doesn't have to prove **** all. He is better than Ronaldinho.

17. thegame24

thegame24 New Member

Yea im also getting tired of Henry "prooving it" if we didnt have Henry we wouldnt be as good as we are now that to me proves he is WORLD CLASS and IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell me something I didn't already know!

19. JazzG

JazzG New Member Elite

If you don't agree than thats fine but it is true. 2 FA cup finals he didn't do well, UEFA cup final, 2 CL QFs and many other games in the CL. I used to think the same as you until one gooner actually listed out which games he has done poor in, was shocked to say the least.

He has done well in many big games I've always said that but he has done poorly in in many big matches as well. Like I said it isn't his fault all the time, it is the players around him all relying on Henry to do something. When there are 2 markers on you it isn't so easy. When players like Pires and Freddie perform in the CL Henry performs as the pressure of doing EVERYTHING is not on him. Reyes and RvP will help us sort this out and we will see the best of Henry.

20. Gurgen

Gurgen New Member Elite

Give me any player's name and I will give you a list of matches he hasn't lived up to his full potential. I think you'll find that Henry hasn't done badly.

The fact is that every player had some bad matches, but because Thierry's such a genius, we expect him to play like vs. Liverpool every match. Btw, if you review those matches, I think you'll find that he didn't really play that bad at all, especially when compared to the others.
    You just can't call a player who's been top scorer for his country in two major consecutive tournaments unproven in big matches. I guess Roberto Baggio is also 'unproven'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.