• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"Henry on form the best player in the world"

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 58
  • Views 2,919
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

I am a journalist and the only way that I will not be one is by handing in my resignation. Until then I will remain one and I can't stop that.

From what I noticed there was a lot of arse kissing. A lot of "quotes" appointing as though it was something everyone wanted to hear.

It isn't.

Adam you try and deny that the status means nothing but you still hold on to it and you still rule by it. It still exists and you still use it. How can anyone tell me it doesn't matter when it is still in your face. It's like the BNP saying they are not racist when they say so many racist things. Or even like Giorgio Armani saying I don't care for high priced fashion and running an industry ont it. You contradict yourself by holding on to the title. How can you say it doesn't matter when you have a status system

If oyu live by a status system you are part and parcel of it. It is not and never will be equality. I know this may look harsh for those who like to appear morally and ethically correct but you have a lot to learn if you think this status means nothing. The awards highlight that and that's why I made fun of them.

You cannot remove the reality of a status system because it is just that and it is enforced for that reason. You voice yourselves via an award system to highlight your superiority. You create some crazy awards as well and it's interesting how you don't damn any FM's or TMG's.

Then you say that I am hung up on status. Please what status do I have here but a lowly member voicing my opinion.

You're not better than anyone. In fact holding on to this and producing awards schemes and making fun of others highlights how low (and shallow) you really are.

Adam

Established Member
The awards were pure laughter. It was never serious. That has been maintained throughout. I hope that clears that up for you.

We don't hold onto statuses - we give them out. :wink:

They are incentives based on giving users more access to the different forum areas through judging theirs posts and whether they will be reasonable within the areas. I repeat - it does not add weight to an individuals ability to put up an argument, because at the end of the day that is down to their level of thought and football knowledge. Any weight it does add to them is based on your false perception of their egotistical related tag. If you cannot see past a label - then who is shallow now my friend. :wink:

That's all, really.

JazzG

Established Member
Does a status really mean that much? The only reason they are here is so the people who run this place reward posters with a good contribution to this forum with access to new forums, nothing special in these forums, if the mods trust you to be responsible with access to that forum than they will give it to you. Being a FM, TM or TMG doesn't mean you’re a better poster than anyone else.

You say posters exploit it but I'd like to know what exactly is meant by that. I can't ever recall any TMGs 'ganging' up on other posters. I know some of the comments in this thread are aimed at me and even though it doesn't bother me I don't like these things being dragged out on the forums as there is no need for it. If I'm 'rubbing' you the wrong way then please send me a PM and tell me that, I don't post here to offend anyone, I post only talk about the team I love. Maybe I need to change the way I post if I'm coming across in the wrong way. I said before that I don't deserve to be a TMG because I don't think I've really done that much to deserve it, however I didn't decide to become one, other people did.

clockendrising, I'm very disappointed at your Arsenal Mania awards. I demand a re-count, I don't want to share the most lame poster award, I want it for myself :D

Now moving back on topic.......

patrick42uk said:
i lied, henry scored five. i just feel a striker of his calibre and our true goalscoring source should be closer to the top of the scoring charts (morientes got 11).

Agree with that 100%. I know Henry has the ability to be at the top of these scoring charts and it pains me a lot that he isn't. Something is wrong when Ruud has more CL goals than him and has played half the games Henry has in the CL. Henry imo is better than him so this should NOT be the case.

patrick42uk

Established Member
JazzG said:
Does a status really mean that much? The only reason they are here is so the people who run this place reward posters with a good contribution to this forum with access to new forums, nothing special in these forums, if the mods trust you to be responsible with access to that forum than they will give it to you. Being a FM, TM or TMG doesn't mean you’re a better poster than anyone else.

its amazing how clockendrising has turned such an innocent concept into something darker and sinister. its a reflection of his paranoia.

Adam

Established Member
Jazz - shhhhhhhh, it looks like we are ganging up on him. :wink:

Freedom of speech and equality forever on Arsenal-Mania!

reggiepaul

You guys are having a laugh and a big one at that.

You can't fool anyone if you don't take liberties with the TMG thing. It's not even evident it's a fact of life when giving status. A status symbol will always remain a status symbol. No argument can ever change that.

Now I won't go at length here because this leads to ridicule and insults and people arrogantly saying "I don't read those posts anyway", but you can't deny why status is in place and what it means.

Adam

Established Member
Well, reggie - ever heard of the art of status, without status?

With humility.

It's our way of saying thankyou. It's nice to say thanks to all the brilliant users we have here. We cannot stop them feeling all big if they get the role, and they don't really anyway.

It's like a finger pointing at the moon, don't focus on the finger (statuses), or you will miss all that heavenly glory (Arsenal!). :wink:

reggiepaul

patrick42uk said:
JazzG said:

its amazing how clockendrising has turned such an innocent concept into something darker and sinister. its a reflection of his paranoia.

No Patrick. It only highlights you're trying to play a pop ****ing psychologist again (failing like a legless toad trying to jump a small stone). Give it a ****ing rest!!

I can see CER is trying to discuss this but some of you may be taking it to heart. If it doesn't matter, ignore what she said but I believe and it's a fact status is in place and accepted and received on the basis of it being exclusive. You can't take what status is about, it will remain no matter what you may personally think.

If you love psychology read up about status symbols and status within groups and reward and punishment of such. You'll be looking directly in to a mirror. It's all very subconcious.

reggiepaul

Adam said:
Well, reggie - ever heard of the art of status, without status?

With humility.

It's our way of saying thankyou. It's nice to say thanks to all the brilliant users we have here. We cannot stop them feeling all big if they get the role, and they don't really anyway.

It's like a finger pointing at the moon, don't focus on the finger (statuses), or you will miss all that heavenly glory (Arsenal!). :wink:

You guys may try and play customer services Adam but with any bit of innocence that exists, status remains status. Even when you fail to not align yourself with it. When push comes to shove power and responsibility can grip anybody.

Adam

Established Member
Haha. That's an illusion. I'd evaluate my definitions of power and status if i felt all big being where i am.

Haha. This is not Eastenders, Reggie, or Big Brother for that matter. One of your favourites. :wink:

reggiepaul

I only like Big Brother because of it's psychological elements. All the interactions and master and servant relationships in the house. It's all like a remake of society. They all run in to the diary room to speak to God for re-assurance and what not.

Unfortunately I have only read about it on the site lately and watched streaming video from there too. Sounds like this is the best big brother yet.

Status remains status. No matter how you look at it you will have to enact amongst a status system and interact with those within that system. You will either feel controlled by it or try and feel not so. Although openly you may not state you are conciously acting towards the status system, just like life and how you interact with society it does have an effect upon you as you try and get by.

JazzG

Established Member
Why does it bother you so much? All they get is access to a few other forums, forums which were spammed like hell when everyone was allowed to look at them e.g. Random chat. Basically it is just a title under your name. You don't get extra 'forum powers' or anything.

Tell me one thing, does it bother you because you think everyone should be equal or because you feel you also should be a FM/TM/TMG?

goonerling

i think it's more about developing a sense of community than anything else. i have to say that when i came back and had to virtually start over i was kinda bummed to have to start from the 1 post as a trainee or whatever, but that's mainly because i had felt part of a community for something that was very important to me (Arsenal) at a time when i couldn't get to games or even watch them on telly or listen to commentary.

It is only right that longevity and the quality of pple's posts is rewarded - it's like that in every facet of life. It's a bummer if you don't agree with everyone who is promoted or the way it's done but maybe then you shouldn't put so much stock in it.

The thing with the awards was funny. So were the alternative awards that clockendrising did. It's stuff like that, that people notice and remember.

Aussie

Established Member
The thing with the awards was ****ing hailrious. Im gutted i didnt win most addictied. Im surprised i didnt win worst speller.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I agree with CER and Reggie, is there any need for these titles?

"Senior Gooner" What the hell does that mean, really?

Aussie

Established Member
They are titles. They are there to give people a reward for contributing to the site regulary and making quality posts.

Why worry about titles honestly get a life.

Adam

Established Member
OTIL - It's not those titles. It's the statuses users get for insightful posting, and access to different forums. It's used as an incentive too.

We could easily get rid of the labels. It's paranoia that it makes one mans points more valid than anothers. On a forum - it's your point against theirs. Nothing will detract from that. If some are bothered that tags are doing this and causing tribalism 'ganging up' - then you must not have faith in your ability to put up an argument. Titles do not effect what is written in a post.

Differentiating role and egotism is problematic for some people. I try to do my role, and i don't think i assume false power, egotism and arrogance doing it. I have to do what i think is best on a thread, according to our more than fair rules. This is a fan run site. We put alot of work in and have the liberty to do things the way we perceive most positively.

I just think these guys are being out of order, and targetting us to be shot at because they have power complex's. This is a forum! Jeez.

A

Anonymous

I am locking this thread, because I think it's run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom