• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henry Onyekuru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naby keita

Henry Onyekuru confirms Arsenal transfer offer: I want to be like Thierry Henry
ARSENAL have made a transfer offer for Henry Onyekuru, the Eupen winger has confirmed.
By JAMES CAMBRIDGE
12:57, Sat, Jun 3, 2017 | UPDATED: 13:09, Sat, Jun 3, 2017

Arsenal-Henry-Onyekuru-Transfer-News-812605.jpg
GETTY

Henry Onyekuru has confirmed Arsenal have bid for him
Henry Onyekuru emerged as an Arsenal target last month following his impressive campaign with Eupen in the Belgian top-flight.

The winger scored 24 goals in all competitions for the Pro League side and is said to have caught the eye of Gunners scouts.

Reports last month claimed the north London club had made a move for the 19-year-old, triggering his £6.8million buy-out clause.

And Onyekuru has since confirmed Arsenal's interest in him, revealing a bid has been made by the Premier League side.

Arsenal-Henry-Onyekuru-Transfer-News-957015.jpg
GETTY

Henry Onyekuru has admitted Thierry Henry is his idol
Henry Onyekuru showcases incredible skills with numerous goals

"Thierry Henry has always been my idol since I was a kid," Onyekuru told the Nigerian Football Federation.

"I was watching him play, watching Arsenal and going to YouTube to watch most of his games.

"I remember saying if I had to move to the Premier League I want to be like Thierry Henry, so it's likely to come true and I'm looking towards it at the moment.

"It’s a good feeling for a club like Arsenal to make a bid for me, this is due to my hard work in training and games.

"I am waiting and working towards it and we'll see how it goes after the [Nigeria] qualifiers."

The winger is currently away on international duty with Nigeria ahead of their African Cup of Nations qualifier against South Africa on June 10.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/812605/Arsenal-Henry-Onyekuru-Transfer-News-Gossip-Latest

Seems like this is almost done deal, he would be an idiot talking like that unless it was finished. Nigerians love arsenal and chelsea and are very open with the media in their homecountry. Seems to depend on some work permit situation. But i for one would love to get an exciting talent and get rid of perez & walcott.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This won't happen. Still think we're being used to get him a better offer from the teams really interested.

Not one Arsenal journalist has mentioned this guy. Not even briefly.

Ewarwoowar

I wouldn't allow it at Arsenal.
Mate my post was tongue in cheek hence the silly video link. He does prefer Henry on His shirt, He idolises Thierry, but I don't subscribe to it either and I probably think Wenger would shut it down too. It would be too much of a distraction for one, more of a burden of pressure on the young lad when people start comparing and yes it's Thierry Henry the one and only, you can't just turn up and use him to glam up your image. Anyway He looks a decent prospect got a lot of qualities that would suit us If He could transfer it to the PL, Thierry Henry had more finesse though.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Ornstein > Player bigging himself up using our name.

Here's the interview for those interested:

Speaks good English, tho...

blaise

Probably not immediately, but in a year he might be a pleasent surprise, his goalscoring record is pretty impressive, especially considering he played for a small team in belgian league

Ewarwoowar

Nice launch bid to hijack Arsenal’s £6.8m swoop for KAS Eupen hotshot Henry Onyekuru

NICE are threatening to hijack Arsenal’s move for Nigeria wonderkid Henry Onyekuru.

facebook.png

twitter.png

share.png

By Alex Harris / Published 3rd June 2017
Henry-Onyekuru-619603.jpg
GETTY

Nice have launched a bid for Arsenal target Henry Onyekuru
The 19-year-old forward is hot property after netting 20 goals in all competitions for Belgian club KAS Eupen this season.

Arsenal have had a £6.8m bid accepted but must increase their financial package to bag him a work permit.

According to the Daily Mail, Nice have matched the Gunners’ bid and believe they can win the race.

The Ligue 1 club can offer Champions League football while work permit rules are more relaxed in France.

Onyekuru received his first cap for Nigeria on Thursday but does not meet the FA’s strict criteria.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...ws-Nice-Henry-Onyekuru-6-8m-Bid-Hijack-Gossip

Ewarwoowar

KAS Eupen hire renowned agent to deal with Onyekuru move
By
Mosope Ominiyi
-
Jun 4, 2017
Share on Facebook

Tweet on Twitter

According to recent reports, Arsenal are close to completing the signing of KAS Eupen forward, Henry Onyekuru.
READ MORE Onyekuru CONFIRMS Arsenal offer

The talented 19-year-old will reportedly sign a five-year deal after undergoing a medical when he returns from international duty with Nigeria on 10 June.

However, plenty of doubt has been raised over the proposed move with recent developments suggesting a deal is not yet finalised.

Reports from Walfoot in Belgium said that Onyekuru’s club, Eupen, have hired a new agent to sort the transfer out.

Mogi Bayat is the agent in question and he is an influential figure within the transfer market.

The fact that he asks for 7% commission, as opposed to the usual percentage of around 10-15% mark, also makes him an attractive option for clubs to do business with.

Eupen explained that they hired Bayat to ensure that the transfer went through in the “best possible conditions, under the condition that Eupen are fully aware of an appropriate offer and that the player also gives his consent.

So what’s the problem then?
Bayat is reportedly close to Anderlecht, who are another side that have been linked with the teenager’s signature in recent months.

Onyekuru has already stressed his eagerness to play for a top club in Europe, though he could be persuaded to remain patient in the short-term despite revealing his affection for Arsenal.

Eupen are keen not to get ripped off and earn a respectable fee, whilst Onyekuru is eager to complete the step-up in quality his goalscoring form this season warrants.

http://dailycannon.com/2017/06/kas-eupen-hire-renowned-agent-to-help-onyekuru-move/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom