• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hillsborough Anniversary - Please Dont Buy The s*n

stevieboy2k

DONT BUY THE S*N

96 PEOPLE WENT TO A FOOTBALL MATCH, NEVER TO RETURN.

4 Days later, The S*n newspaper tarnished the image of the Merseyside population, branding them thugs, thieves and drunkeds.

Saturday 15th April 1989, this was the date for the FA Cup semi-final match at Hillsborough between Nottingham Forest and Liverpool FC. This should have been a joyous and momentous occasion for all but turned into a day of tragedy. Due to a large congestion of fans attempting to enter the ground at once, the police and stewards could no longer contain the excited crowd and opened the gate to let them all in at once.

Kick Off 3pm, when the whistle sounded, the crowd was still very much outside and upon hearing the whistle, surged forward so not to miss any action of the great game, as it was only in the previous match, Liverpool had scored an early goal whilst fans were still entering the stadium.

Due to the sheer velocity of the crowd surging forward, many fans including young children and women were trapped against each other as well as perimeter fences, causing loss of breathe and conciousness.

95 fans lost their lives that day and 1 almost a year later after never fully recovering.

This was a very emotional time for all on Merseyside, so 4 days later, everyone was shocked to see headlines in the National press stating that Liverpool fans had pickpocketed the dying, urinated on the police and paramedics and beat those same officials. This, I can assure you 100% did not happen

Ever since this day, a boycott of The S*n has taken place and everyone involved has been searching for Justice.

Since Euro 2004 saw the emergence of local talent Wayne Rooney, it was a shock to most to see the youngster sign with the paper, hated so much upon his home county. This issue had been noted at the same press office and an apology was attempted, 15 years after their lies had tarnished the image of the Merseyside public FOREVER.

Everybody involved in the search for justice was both excited and hopeful that this apology could be a step, no, a leap in the right direction on their quest to regain the faith and popularity of its ever growing comunity. Sadly this was not to be as the apology was printed but read very shockingly to the many people who were affected by the disaster.

The apology basically told the Liverpool community that there loss was 15 years ago and to "get over it". They even had a sharp dig at other press, both national and local, that had supported the quest for Justice.

THEREFORE, I AM ASKING YOU TO HELP US, PLEASE, DONT BUY THIS PAPER OR SUPPORT THEM IN ANY WAY. THEY ARE A DISGRACE TO THIS NATION.

Justice For The 96

Don't Buy The S*n

stevieboy2k

Additionally there has been poster images produced which people can print and distribute in their workplaces, colleges,newsagents, gyms, clubs etc.

dontbuysun.gif

Please please please try and spread the word of the boycott of that rag. We all appreciate your support and understanding regarding Hillsborough and the boycott and personally i have to say you are some of the most understanding fans about it. Once again thanks, and please pass the first post of this thread onto all your friends.

Allyboy

Established Member
I would go as far as saying never buy the Sun because they are a gutter rag who have no sense of responsibility for the ****e they print but I whole heartedly back this campaign!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
That's absolute bullsh't.

Sorry, but if you want to know about Jessie Wallace's baby, maybe it has all the news you need to know, but proper news, news that actually effects the world? I don't think so..

Personally, I don't see how any football fan could buy that newspaper- on another day, another semi final, it could've been us that the Sun told all those filthy lies about

But, hey! It's a free country.

:wink:

stevieboy2k

Im not sure what you mean there Rocky mate. As far as Heysel is concerned, Liverpool fans are truly sorry for what happened. We cant deny that we were at fault that day for charging towards the Juve fans, but as always its a small minority that ruin it and bring a bad name upon the others. There were also other contributing factors towards what happened at Heysel which stemmed from when we won the european cup in Rome the year before, and also the choice of UEFA to play the final at a delapidated stadium that was due to be knocked down. But like i say, Liverpool fans charged and theres no excusing that and we accept it.

However, since then the club and its fans have tried to forge links with Juve and their fans - unconditional apologies and sincere regrets and sorrow. Obviously this wont bring back the 39 people that died but we've tried to heal that rift between the sets of fans.

As for he boycott of the s*n, its due to what they wrote and the fact that theyve never issued a sincere and complete apology. The Daily Star ran with a headline accusing Liverpool fans of causing the disaster, but they retracted that and admitted they were wrong and that their claims were totally unfounded - the s*n never did this and to this day havent. They issued an apology last year but that was only because Rooney was getting slated for joining the rag. They were trying to protect him and their sentiments werent sincere and apologetic - infact it turned into another attack on merseyside and its residents.

The Hillsborough family supoprt group have said that if the s*n wants to start making amends for the lies they pritned then they have to run a front page under the headline "WE LIED" and then admit that what they reported was unfounded and also name the police officer that provided them with the information. Instead we get apologies to try to sweetalk people round, all based on them trying to increase sales on Merseyside because theyre so low. They have no real interest in apologising or being properly sorry for what they wrote, all they care about is £££.

Out of interest to the poster who buys the s*n, why not choose another paper thats worth reading?

RockyRocastle

Established Member
stevieboy2k said:
Im not sure what you mean there Rocky mate. As far as Heysel is concerned, Liverpool fans are truly sorry for what happened. We cant deny that we were at fault that day for charging towards the Juve fans, but as always its a small minority that ruin it and bring a bad name upon the others. There were also other contributing factors towards what happened at Heysel which stemmed from when we won the european cup in Rome the year before, and also the choice of UEFA to play the final at a delapidated stadium that was due to be knocked down. But like i say, Liverpool fans charged and theres no excusing that and we accept it.

However, since then the club and its fans have tried to forge links with Juve and their fans - unconditional apologies and sincere regrets and sorrow. Obviously this wont bring back the 39 people that died but we've tried to heal that rift between the sets of fans.

As for he boycott of the s*n, its due to what they wrote and the fact that theyve never issued a sincere and complete apology. The Daily Star ran with a headline accusing Liverpool fans of causing the disaster, but they retracted that and admitted they were wrong and that their claims were totally unfounded - the s*n never did this and to this day havent. They issued an apology last year but that was only because Rooney was getting slated for joining the rag. They were trying to protect him and their sentiments werent sincere and apologetic - infact it turned into another attack on merseyside and its residents.

The Hillsborough family supoprt group have said that if the s*n wants to start making amends for the lies they pritned then they have to run a front page under the headline "WE LIED" and then admit that what they reported was unfounded and also name the police officer that provided them with the information. Instead we get apologies to try to sweetalk people round, all based on them trying to increase sales on Merseyside because theyre so low. They have no real interest in apologising or being properly sorry for what they wrote, all they care about is £££.

Out of interest to the poster who buys the s*n, why not choose another paper thats worth reading?

Fair enough mate, just back from the boozer, a bit pissed. Glad to see you dont have the blame anyone but the scousers point of view.

Good luck in your campaign.

stevieboy2k

OneteaminLondon said:
That's absolute bullsh't.

Sorry, but if you want to know about Jessie Wallace's baby, maybe it has all the news you need to know, but proper news, news that actually effects the world? I don't think so..

Personally, I don't see how any football fan could buy that newspaper- on another day, another semi final, it could've been us that the Sun told all those filthy lies about

But, hey! It's a free country.

:wink:

I agree. Personally i find the s*n to be the lowest common denominator amongst the british public.

Taozhe

I never buy the sun in my whole life on grounds that I don't live in the UK. However, if I ever go there to study, I will not buy the Sun anyway because of the amount of crap they give.

slapz

stevieboy2k said:

Force of habit really. I've tried the mirror and the star which i didnt really like.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom