• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hirving Lozano

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah, not really convinced by him either.

Either way, it seems highly unlikely this transfer is happening anyway.
Doesn’t have that wow factor an Eredivisie attacker needs to stand out for me. Who do you think will make it at the the top from the Eredivisie right now?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Doesn’t have that wow factor an Eredivisie attacker needs to stand out for me. Who do you think will make it at the the top from the Eredivisie right now?
De Ligt is by far the best talent. Behind him Van de Beek, De Jong, Dolberg, Lozano, Bergwijn could all make it, although not top level. Maybe Everton level. Would like to see Dolberg bounce back this season, though.

What say you?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

De Ligt is by far the best talent. Behind him Van de Beek, De Jong, Dolberg, Lozano, Bergwijn could all make it, although not top level. Maybe Everton level. Would like to see Dolberg bounce back this season, though.

What say you?
I’m about the same. De Ligt is crazy good, if I was a club with the money I’d buy him and build the best development plan around him, including loans if necessary. You potentially have a centre defender for the next 15 years. That should be worth some money. I think he would slot right in at Arsenal, even the coming season.

For the other ones I think Frenkie and Dolberg have the highest ceiling. De Jong is mostly hype right now but he has something special about him, an air of confidence that is pretty rare at that age, and the ability to back it up. Almost forgot about Dolberg, he needs to bounce back next season. Still very young, a year filled with injury is tough for anyone. With Donny I’m afraid he’ll turn into Klaassen 2.0. Has bags of talent and is much more diverse, but I can’t see his standout quality. Don’t really rate Bergwijn.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Completely irrelevant and to be honest I do not care. It literally doesn't matter, he could go above and beyond at a different side with better players around him.

Again, unless you're mystic meg, which I highly doubt, you do not know.
Nobody 'knows', that just a dumb ass thing to say to kill any conversation.

Of course he could go up a gear if he joins a better team. Any decent player probably would.

I watch the Eredivisie a lot, and I also don't think Lozano is where he should be to earn a transfer to Arsenal. Very raw, and not necessarily what we need at the moment I think (he doesn't offer that much on the ball, great finisher though). I wrote a more detailed post in the Wish List earlier. He could still step up and eventually be Arsenal material, one never knows. But I would say 40m is understandable in this crazy market, but not good value. He probably won't contribute what we would expect from a 40m signing.

Divided_Pie

I’m about the same. De Ligt is crazy good, if I was a club with the money I’d buy him and build the best development plan around him, including loans if necessary. You potentially have a centre defender for the next 15 years. That should be worth some money. I think he would slot right in at Arsenal, even the coming season.
A part of me wants us to move to a back three, sign De Ligt, Pavard, and Lenglet, and be set at the back for the next 10+ years. Sokratis holds things together while those guys (and Mavropanos) develop. Sell Mustafi and Chambers to help fund things. In 2-3 years you have a 2-deep backline that looks like this:

Lenglet ------------- de Ligt ------------- Pavard
(Mavropanos) --- (Sokratis) ---------(Holding)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom