• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Home and away, why such a drastic difference?

Saikung

Our home and away form couldn't be any more drastic from one another.

How can the two be so different? If we transfer our home results to our away, we would be much more competitive.

Personally i think it is mentality. The players are too weak to handle away games from their atmosphere.

Which makes me wonder really how far are we from competiting? At least competing for top 4?

say yes

forum master baiter
It’s been an odd season because our away form is normally excellent.

I’d put it down to mentality and confidence / form. We’ve made a ridiculous amount of defensive errors in those games.

Hopefully the summer break will reset all that and we start again afresh next year.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Defies logical explanation, to be honest. No such difference should be justifiable, not even luck or whatever is enough to explain this.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
It's an anomaly imo. Look at our home/away split the last 5 seasons:

2nd, 16th
3rd, 6th
3rd, 3rd
4th, 3rd
4th, 2nd

This season we've dropped points away after taking the lead against these bottom 10 teams: Newcastle, Swansea, Bournemouth, WBA, Watford. (lost 4, 1 draw), that's 14 points dropped away from a winning position. I don't see that happening again next season.

We're usually good away so I'm giving the team the benefit of doubt, just a crap year where a lot went wrong for us.

Reactions: A_G

ptrcopp

It seemed to me the team were more cautious in defence at home but more cautious in attack away. As a result we attacked better in fewer numbers at home, prepared (somewhat) for the counter. Away we articles poorly in larger numbers, without the commitment, and not prepared for the counter.
It’s an anomalous season, but there is clearly an issue here because it’s happened all season and it has been significant. And Wenger has normally been very good away.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not to rain on your parade but this feels pointless

We are about to appoint a new manager and will have a different team and playing style in a new season of football

Reactions: Jae

Latest posts

Top Bottom