<

Houssem Aouar

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Aug 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krackpot

krackpot Established Member Trusted

Normal hair, bell-bottomed jeans...none of this woke bullshittery.

RIP :(

roz, Gooner416, North5 and 6 others like this.
  2. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Where's that thursday night bombshell ffs - iMmiNeNt.

3. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

My Al Jazeera sources approve this message.

Gooner416 and say yes like this.
  4. Camron

Camron Established Member Trusted

[​IMG]

Nenad, El Granit-Coq, roz and 8 others like this.
  5. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Propah brexit playah innit

krackpot likes this.
  6. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

7. BenTal

BenTal Well-Known Member

I hope we get both though

SA Gunner, krackpot and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  8. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

130M including wages shouldn't be problem for us if Kroenke just f**king help a little. hopefully we get rid of Torreira and Kola it'll make both deals less complicated.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  9. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

This needs to escalate at the start of next week for both to be viable.

10. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Well this makes sense. Ceballos is already the "8" in terms of being the ball carrier. We need a profile in the Aouar mold far more. Tho ideally we get both Aouar has to be the priority at this stage.

11. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

If Only A.Madrid would accept the 50M pay in installments. spanish clubs and their release clauses sigh.

12. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

How does Dani fit in if we get Aouar, he would bench him would he not?

We can't play Xhaka-Ceballos-Aouar in a midfield 3, as that's too much of the same surely, plus we would lose the defensive cover of an extra centre back (which is one of the main reasons Dani-Granit worked so well.)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Garrincha likes this.
  13. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

No, they're three completely different players and would fill three completely different midfield roles. I do think Aouar-Xhaka could work if we stick to 3-4-3 tho, which yes would make Dani backup but we'll move to a three at some point i believe.

14. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

Don't know about the van Persie one but any post I see a pic of Reyes in it will get a like from me. It just brings up instant memories from his time here. It only feels like yesterday when he was playing in our colours. Alas it also reminds me of the fragility of life.

15. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

They could negotiate any time if they really wanted to, in fact it could come to that. Nothing stopping them accepting a bid of any amount with it paid in instalments. I can only assume they don't need the money.

16. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Thinking about it...midfield options of Xhaka, Aouar, Ceballos, Elneny, in a 3 at the back formation (the formation which gets the best out of our defenders anyway atm) would be decent this year.

Don't ever want to see Xhaka-Ceballos-Aouar in a 4 at the back formation though, bar maybe "easy" home games...dream for the day our centre midfield has someone both quality and fast though :lol:

SA Gunner and 6gunner like this.
  17. Dial Square 1886

Dial Square 1886 Well-Known Member

Damn, poor old Reyes.

I had his name and number on the blue away kit soon after he signed. Thought I was proper trendy!!

Seemed like he was going to be the final missing piece and in fact turned out to be the beginning of the end.

Title 5 months later and we still waiting for another...

krackpot likes this.
  18. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

I blame Almunia personally...signed him summer 2004, 5 league championships from 1989-2004 and zero since that bleach blond **** showed up!

TakeChillPill likes this.
  19. sykesy69

sykesy69 Well-Known Member

Never heard of Aouar operating from the right side of CM, his main heatmap is in the LW area, same side as Xhaka.

[​IMG]

A lot of people scoffed when it was mentioned that he could get game time at LW, with Auba moving to CF, I do see that.

But the only way he truly becomes effective for me is on the left of a midfield 3, with ElNeny covering behind :rofl: (obviously I mean Partey)

OnlyOne likes this.
  20. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Thats a very good point actually. No chance he would be on the right of a 343.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.