<

Houssem Aouar

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Aug 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Aouar is absolutely perfect for our needs, it's also really hard to imagine any other player that would replace this exciting signing.

As much as we all think it should be Aouar and Partey, I'd take Aouar only now, just to have this done. We are taking big risks.

OnlyOne likes this.
  2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Him and Partey is a must we going abslout nowhere with current player Ceballos and Xhaka and basically deep central midfielders they add so little going forward

3. Mickey Rooney

Mickey Rooney Member

Ya really gotta wonder why we aren’t submitting an offer of 40-42M + 3-5M in add-ons or so. Not my money but my viewing pleasure, DO IT ARSENAL!

4. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Definetely, but I've currently got bigger worries of losing out on Aouar because of a few million that we need to do both.

5. yousif_arsenal

For now we need to focus getting Aouar the Partey deal is complicated if we couldn't buy him there will be backup

6. Mickey Rooney

Mickey Rooney Member

I’m really not thinking Arsenal ever had the cash to pay the Partey RC upfront. They wouldn’t be leaving it this late if they had. I think they tried to talk to Athleti about doing a deal (including with Torreira) and without a deal they would just move Torreira to make room for Aouar. Really doubt paying the whole RC up front was ever in the cards.

I understand the reasoning -Covid provides the rare opportunity to dramatically upgrade the team but that is only because teams are suffering the same pressures that Arsenal are also feeling. Could be quite some time still until the stadiums are full.

7. I hope we aren’t expecting this lad to change the team. Only so much one man can do in a team full of dross. This project is going to take years before we see the standard of football we used to play.

boxerumble and truth_hurts like this.
  8. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Not really bothered about this signing. Ceballos and Elneny got it on lock.

Brett and BenTal like this.
  9. yousif_arsenal

Maybe the Partey deal is complicated like many said but Aouar alone won't solve most of our problems

10. Breezy

Breezy Well-Known Member

A loan with an obligation for another loan followed by an option to buy would be nice.

11. Mickey Rooney

Mickey Rooney Member

I don’t disagree. Just doesn’t look like the team had/wanted to spend the upfront cash the Partey RC demanded. I mean, I’m happy to be wrong.

12. yousif_arsenal

Even if failed to get Partey I'm sure there will backup options our midfield currently short on numbers and quality Torreira gone Guendouzi very likely too and we only left with 4 meaning 1 injury away for Xhaka or Ceballos and we in mess

13. Balboa

Balboa Well-Known Member

...the past 273 pages...

14. Mickey Rooney

Mickey Rooney Member

Harsh. That bit last friday when news broke of our bid was cool. :)

15. Balboa

Balboa Well-Known Member

People have requested threads exclusively for updates for years...

I think they'd be very useful so we could read them without dredging through dross...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    TromsoGooner likes this.
  16. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

That kind of thread would keep the trolls away but the mods refuse to stop the troll army for some reason.

Balboa likes this.
  17. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Top post as always. You’re one of the hidden gems on this forum mate.

AbouCuéllar likes this.
  18. zilfy

zilfy Well-Known Member

Then people would spend far less time on here, which means less exposure to advertising. Doubt it would happen

Nenad and Balboa like this.
  19. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

Having watched Doucoure in the PL for a few years and seeing him at Everton i cant understand why we never made a move for him this summer. Hes not world class level but hes can tackle, carry the ball, break up play and is mobile. Hes strong and athletic and everything we need. 27, PL proven and went for 20m. Which is nothing.

Him alongside Xhaka and then an Aouar type attacking would be better than what we have now.

20. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Don't like the sounds coming out from PSG. This is why you don't leave your most important signings so late.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.