<

Houssem Aouar

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Aug 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

@say yes Edu's done it again, hasn't he?

celestis, Ibadan, krackpot and 2 others like this.
  2. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

So according to France Football, the closest the player came to leaving was for Juventus just before the window closed, deal fell through in the end. Arsenal made one bid, which was way off the asking price and never came back in, cutting off all contact weeks before the window closed.

Do we bash Edu? I mean if he hasn’t got the money, what can he do? He would’ve made a bigger bid had the money been sitting there, you would think.

3. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

Or if we wanted him more...

4. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

Edu is trying to get AFC another retired Brazilian, isn't he?

5. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Or maybe we dont just believe everything we read especially from France football.

Let's play Aubamawang and senna like this.
  6. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

Or maybe he played with a bunch of monsters who were fast and strong or fast and skillful and decided that he is going to build a plan that encompasses those players.

Maybe, just maybe, Aouar didn't fit into the right category and maybe we are looking for more devastation.

7. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

We made at least one bid and going by reports, Arteta is a huge fan of the player. We got priced out and the player is betting on himself to join a bigger club next summer. That’s all there is to it

8. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

Taking all these after the fact accounts with a massive pinch of salt.

Anyone can feed some BS to these places like 'France Football' could be us, could be Aouar, could be Aulas

Whoever it is its the version of events that they want out there

Jury, Let's play Aubamawang and #254 like this.
  9. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

even so, we should not pass up an opportunity to sing a potential world class talent who can fetch a huge profit.

10. HairSprayGooners

Anyone who doesn't think we really wanted him are stupid. He's a creative central mid which is who we wanted. He was far too overpriced in the end hence why the deal didn't happen. Straight facts, nothing more nothing less.

#254 Well-Known Member

Maybe they should go for him in January even if he plays the full season at Lyon or just sign Benrahma. All I know is CM needs a little bit of spark and we must address it if we are to improve as a team.

senna likes this.
  12. HairSprayGooners

Benrahma is a left winger.

13. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Szoboszlai fits that description. He's physically much better than Aouar.

14. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Pretty much this. Until we are back in champo our big club status is definitely diminished

Fewtch likes this.

#254 Well-Known Member

Thought he plays as an advanced CM sometimes!

16. Taner Erginli

Taner Erginli Member

IMO we will go back in for him next summer, n even tho we aint in ucl n might not be next summer. We r still a giant. We will either get him or some other very good midfielder.

Ask yourself this, how often do you see when a big player gets offered the chance to play for Arsenal they reject it. Aubameyang, Özil, Partey, Aouar, Sanchez etc. We just have only recently gone in for these players. We usually take the cheap option out. Like even Upamecano, one of the best young CB's in the world wanted to join at one point. You all underestimate our club, like if we wanted a Sancho and paid the money I doubt very much he would reject us

17. Let's play Aubamawang

Let's play Aubamawang Well-Known Member

Absolutely this. Guy is younger, considerably cheaper and has much more end product than Auoar. Might be more attacking than our usual CMs so just play him in front of Partey and Xhaka/Ceballos and watch him go to town.

Sammy1887 likes this.
  18. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

I hope we go for him he fits our profile perfectly.

Let's play Aubamawang likes this.
  19. Let's play Aubamawang

Let's play Aubamawang Well-Known Member

In my opinion, Auoar has question marks over his mentality. Sure he likes the bright lights and TV cameras in the CL, perhaps because they were underdogs they played with more freedom. But his stats don't suggest he's lit up Ligue 1, despite the lack of quality elsewhere (other than PSG ofc).

Szoboszlai turns up consistently in league matches and when the world is watching him. Auoar might enjoy the bright lights of the Emirates, but I can't see him fancying it on a cold night at Bramall Lane or a hostile atmosphere at Anfield. But I can see Szoboszlai relishing the challenge, rather than shrinking into the background.

20. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

I'm not sure i want this guy now. His head has been turned by Madrid and I'm not sure his style is enough or right for us. He's too off the ball imo and we need someone who gets on it and puts themselves about (playfully) in the middle of the park. Aouar will be okay if we upgrade other areS but on hi own, I. Just not sure. We might have dodged a bullet here.

truth_hurts and Red London like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.