• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 943,977
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I don't understand why it was either him or Partey. They're not alike at all.

Seems more about money but what I dont understand is say we agreed a 50m deal with Lyon. Maybe 20m would need paid upfront. Then 50m Partey. Is the club saying they didnt have the 20m for the first installment of the Aouar deal?

I think Aouar rejected us. Otherwise doesnt make sense.

Keplaz

Seems more about money but what I dont understand is say we agreed a 50m deal with Lyon. Maybe 20m would need paid upfront. Then 50m Partey. Is the club saying they didnt have the 20m for the first installment of the Aouar deal?

Or Lyon wanted more than 20m up front. Aulas is a mad man. Same league as Daniel Levy when it comes to selling players.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Or Lyon wanted more than 20m up front. Aulas is a mad man. Same league as Daniel Levy when it comes to selling players.

So he wanted 30m up front. Arteta clearly had no plans to play AMN this season. Sell him for 20m +10m and he had his first choice attacking midfielder. Theres always ways around it.

While Aulas is mad would he have accepted 50m? Yes. Would he have been happy taking 20-30m upfront given the French situation. Big time. He may be mad and tough but he isnt stupid.

Harz

I think he's waiting for a Man City move and he's likely to get it soonish. Pep doesn't seem to rate Foden.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I think he's waiting for a Man City move and he's likely to get it soonish. Pep doesn't seem to rate Foden.
Foden has played in every CL game they've had this season and has played in all but 3 prem matches this season. What?

Legend14

Established Member
Aouar refused participate in a warm-down session that was organized by the club following their last weekend’s victory against Angers. It was seen as an alternative to the players’ usual training on Monday. The 22-year-old was unhappy with the pitch condition right after the match, as per L’Equipe.

He has subsequently been dropped from this weekend’s clash against Reims. “

Is this the attitude we want to add to Arsenal? I guess he can sit besides Xhaka.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So he wanted 30m up front. Arteta clearly had no plans to play AMN this season. Sell him for 20m +10m and he had his first choice attacking midfielder. Theres always ways around it.

While Aulas is mad would he have accepted 50m? Yes. Would he have been happy taking 20-30m upfront given the French situation. Big time. He may be mad and tough but he isnt stupid.

Selling AMN doesn’t solve the wanting money upfront part.

You’d still need Kronke to underwrite it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Aouar refused participate in a warm-down session that was organized by the club following their last weekend’s victory against Angers. It was seen as an alternative to the players’ usual training on Monday. The 22-year-old was unhappy with the pitch condition right after the match, as per L’Equipe.

He has subsequently been dropped from this weekend’s clash against Reims. “

Is this the attitude we want to add to Arsenal? I guess he can sit besides Xhaka.

I think we should start caring less about players' attitudes and care more about their talent. Xhaka's problem isn't that he's an idiot who gets sent off too often, it's that he's not good enough when he is on the pitch.

Character matters, but we're not where we are cos of a lack of good character, but cos of a lack of good talent.

Harz

Foden has played in every CL game they've had this season and has played in all but 3 prem matches this season. What?
He doesn't have many options and they had a relatively easy CL group. He's always the first one to get subbed off when the going gets tough. Didn't have a start in the league until yesterday's West Brom game since our game back in Matchday 5, and he was also subbed off in that game. In other top 6 fixtures, he had a grand total of 18 minutes in three games. Clearly, Pep doesn't rate him as a starter and wants a creative midfielder. Wonder if they'll actually go for with the Messi saga going on.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think we should start caring less about players' attitudes and care more about their talent. Xhaka's problem isn't that he's an idiot who gets sent off too often, it's that he's not good enough when he is on the pitch.

Character matters, but we're not where we are cos of a lack of good character, but cos of a lack of good talent.
I disagree. Talent just gets you a player who's gonna get dropped and the fans getting frustrated cause he's not playing.

The culture is a big problem as it is why would you add to that?

You certainly want more Tierney's who just come in and get on with it. Player psyche is a big part of player recruitment we should try our best to find the right match as hard as it is to do.

Harz

I disagree. Talent just gets you a player who's gonna get dropped and the fans getting frustrated cause he's not playing.

The culture is a big problem as it is why would you add to that?

You certainly want more Tierney's who just come in and get on with it. Player psyche is a big part of player recruitment we should try our best to find the right match as hard as it is to do.
There has to be a balance. Dybala has a bit of an attitude problem but he'd be an immense addition to the team.

If the player is good enough, a lot of things can be tolerated.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

There has to be a balance. Dybala has a bit of an attitude problem but he'd be an immense addition to the team.

If the player is good enough, a lot of things can be tolerated.
I'm not a fan of that tbh.

We've had plenty of WC players who just wanted to get the best out of their career and I would like to see more of that, as idealistic as that is.

Harz

I'm not a fan of that tbh.

We've had plenty of WC players who just wanted to get the best out of their career and I would like to see more of that, as idealistic as that is.
Right, but who doesn't want that? That's not really a choice.

In real life, the choice (if there is one) is usually between a very talented player with problematic attitude versus a lesser talented one who's willing to soldier on no matter what.

In the situation we're in, I'd prefer the former.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

In real life, the choice (if there is one) is usually between a very talented player with problematic attitude versus a lesser talented one who's willing to soldier on no matter what.

We've had tons of that in the past few years and it's gotten us nowhere. Some are still with us and not playing.

If players are going to come here and be a tit and its obvious they are going to be a tit, I'm not interested in the slightest.

Especially with a manager who struggles with man management and the talent he already has.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Youd always want a team of Jordan Hendersons over a team of Mesut Ozils. Least your getting their best ever week. Even if their best is a lot less than Ozils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom