• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,604
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harz

We've had tons of that in the past few years and it's gotten us nowhere. Some are still with us and not playing.

If players are going to come here and be a tit and its obvious they are going to be a tit, I'm not interested in the slightest.

Especially with a manager who struggles with man management and the talent he already has.
It's not like anything we've done in the past years have gotten us anywhere. We've had both kinds of signings and yet the most exciting player in the team is an academy product, which hints at the general direction the club should be moving in.

Your point about a better man manager is absolutely valid but a better man manager is always better.

Harz

Youd always want a team of Jordan Hendersons over a team of Mesut Ozils. Least your getting their best ever week. Even if their best is a lot less than Ozils.
Right, except I'm not talking about 11 Ozils vs 11 Hendersons, I'm talking about one potential signing.

There are certain talents that we simply cannot refuse despite their attitude issues.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Right, except I'm not talking about 11 Ozils vs 11 Hendersons, I'm talking about one potential signing.

There are certain talents that we simply cannot refuse despite their attitude issues.

That's debatable. Pogba is a talent. But in the 4 years at United he has contributed 0. Abit like Özil for us the last 3 years. I think the problem with our club is we dont have enough leaders and warriors. We dont have enough 7/10s every single week without fail. Players who will run through brick walls for the fans.

We have too many celebrity footballers who are so interested in followers than actually fans.

Nothing was as apparent as Aubas actions in the lead up to his contract wanting the hype and attention and now we are playing **** he is hiding. Willock and Saka having to do the interviews.

Imagine Milner or Henderson throwing Jones or William's out to answer the questions about the teams form? Wouldnt happen.

Harz

That's debatable. Pogba is a talent. But in the 4 years at United he has contributed 0. Abit like Özil for us the last 3 years. I think the problem with our club is we dont have enough leaders and warriors. We dont have enough 7/10s every single week without fail. Players who will run through brick walls for the fans.

We have too many celebrity footballers who are so interested in followers than actually fans.

Nothing was as apparent as Aubas actions in the lead up to his contract wanting the hype and attention and now we are playing **** he is hiding. Willock and Saka having to do the interviews.

Imagine Milner or Henderson throwing Jones or William's out to answer the questions about the teams form? Wouldnt happen.
Honestly, we don't have enough of anything. My point was that if someone like Dybala becomes available, we'd still need to go for it with the hopes of properly managing him.

Under a better manager, these would be non-issues to begin with.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I don't understand why it was either him or Partey. They're not alike at all.
Not enough money and outgoings.

We signed Partey and Gabriel so approx 70 to 80m. Only Martinez as a significant out going. If we have sense we are operating a policy of players out players in.

Harz

Not enough money and outgoings.

We signed Partey and Gabriel so approx 70 to 80m. Only Martinez as a significant out going. If we have sense we are operating a policy of players out players in.
Right, we can't afford both, but it's not like one was an alternative to the other. We chased after Aouar, an Iniesta-type player, until the last day and when it didn't happen, we signed Partey, a rigid defensive midfielder. Why was there no alternative to Aouar?

If he was so good and so befitting that an alternative was not even considered, why not cough up the extra few millions on the last day, or at least cash in on fringe players like AMN to make more funds available?

Doesn't make sense from a management viewpoint.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I think we should start caring less about players' attitudes and care more about their talent. Xhaka's problem isn't that he's an idiot who gets sent off too often, it's that he's not good enough when he is on the pitch.

Character matters, but we're not where we are cos of a lack of good character, but cos of a lack of good talent.

Yeah 100% agreed, quality trumps all. Xhaka by all accounts is a model pro, well respected by teammates, loved by coaches. If he was just 10x better as a player the same people would be praising his ‘leadership’ qualities.

As long as they have the drive to be the best they can and wants to win, you deal with their egos. Part of being a manager for a big club is dealing with huge personalities.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I disagree. Talent just gets you a player who's gonna get dropped and the fans getting frustrated cause he's not playing.

The culture is a big problem as it is why would you add to that?

You certainly want more Tierney's who just come in and get on with it. Player psyche is a big part of player recruitment we should try our best to find the right match as hard as it is to do.

I'd say in the 2nd half of Wenger's time here a popular belief set in that we were talented but flimsy and lacking strong character. And I'd say that belief became so ingrained that since Wenger left, and even a bit before he left, this club has tried to remedy that belief by chasing after the exact opposite. Fans started idolising the idea of working hard and being organised. And now we've arrived at the logical conclusion to this 15 year obsession; we have no talent and all the coach talks about is working harder.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This isn't an either or lol. A club that knows what they're doing gets quality players with good character. The two more often than not go hand in hand anyway.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You know things are rough when @14Henry is saying most of our squad act like celebrities.

Bellerin likes his fashion and Auba has always been flashy, that's it, that's what you're referring to. Nobody else acts like a celebrity in our squad.

Leno? You hear nothing.
Tierney? Nothing.
Gabriel? Nothing.
Xhaka? Nothing.
Elneny? Nothing.
Partey? Nothing.
Ceballos? Nothing.
Laca? Nothing.
Pepe? Nothing.

All of the youngsters? Again, nothing.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You know things are rough when @14Henry is saying most of our squad act like celebrities.

Bellerin likes his fashion and Auba has always been flashy, that's it, that's what you're referring to. Nobody else acts like a celebrity in our squad.

Leno? You hear nothing.
Tierney? Nothing.
Gabriel? Nothing.
Xhaka? Nothing.
Elneny? Nothing.
Partey? Nothing.
Ceballos? Nothing.
Laca? Nothing.
Pepe? Nothing.

All of the youngsters? Again, nothing.

Highlight the part where I said most of our team.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Aouar refused participate in a warm-down session that was organized by the club following their last weekend’s victory against Angers. It was seen as an alternative to the players’ usual training on Monday. The 22-year-old was unhappy with the pitch condition right after the match, as per L’Equipe.

He has subsequently been dropped from this weekend’s clash against Reims. “

Is this the attitude we want to add to Arsenal? I guess he can sit besides Xhaka.

Look at the stuff Van Dijk was pulling to get out of Southampton. Refusing to train, refusing to play in preseason, being forced to train alone, basically going on a strike. Should we not have been after him in that scenario since this is not the attitude we want to add?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Highlight the part where I said most of our team.

"We have too many celebrity footballers who are so interested in followers than actually fans."

I mean you're splitting hairs to dig yourself out a hole, because too many implies that a good chunk of the team act this way when its completely untrue.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
"We have too many celebrity footballers who are so interested in followers than actually fans."

I mean you're splitting hairs to dig yourself out a hole, because too many implies that a good chunk of the team act this way when its completely untrue.

So I didnt say MOST of the team. Feel free to drop that apology in your next comment.

Your a native English speaker. Too many doesnt mean most. Most doesnt mean too many. At least if your doing to quote people and try and start an argument with them get it right.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So I didnt say MOST of the team. Feel free to drop that apology in your next comment.

Your a native English speaker. Too many doesnt mean most. Most doesnt mean too many. At least if your doing to quote people and try and start an argument with them get it right.

You're saying too many in our team act this way, when only Auba is really interested in followers and Bellerin just likes dressing up.

You didn't give a flying **** about Auba and his following when he was scoring goals but we were finishing 8th :lol::lol::lol: but now all of a sudden its a problem, get a grip.

You're mind boggling sometimes.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You're saying too many in our team act this way, when only Auba is really interested in followers and Bellerin just likes dressing up.

You didn't give a flying **** about Auba and his following when he was scoring goals but we were finishing 8th :lol::lol::lol: but now all of a sudden its a problem, get a grip.

You're mind boggling sometimes.

Too many could mean any figure in my head which I think is more than it should be. But what it doesnt mean is most.

You've made a fool of yourself quoting something I didnt say to start an argument.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Which he would do as he has a guarantee of the 20m coming in for AMN. So it would help.

Completely hypothetical though.

He’d already put 50m on the table for Partey, you can’t assume he’d of done it again.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Too many could mean any figure in my head which I think is more than it should be. But what it doesnt mean is most.

You've made a fool of yourself quoting something I didnt say to start an argument.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Man actually said TOO MANY in our squad are more interested in followers and likes when just ONE PLAYER is that way inclined.

Bro, look at what you said, one player isn't too many, get real now own up to your bullshit comment for once.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Right, we can't afford both, but it's not like one was an alternative to the other. We chased after Aouar, an Iniesta-type player, until the last day and when it didn't happen, we signed Partey, a rigid defensive midfielder. Why was there no alternative to Aouar?

If he was so good and so befitting that an alternative was not even considered, why not cough up the extra few millions on the last day, or at least cash in on fringe players like AMN to make more funds available?

Doesn't make sense from a management viewpoint.
It does.

Let's look at two other worthwhile examples.

Liverpool wanted Van Dijk in the summer Southampton wanted more money. Rather than get someone they waited until January. They signed Allison in the summer plan A and waited for VVD.

United. Bruno was exactly the same. They got Maguire in the summer and waited for Bruno.

Now take us. We wanted Zaha and splashed 70 on Pepe. Imagine we just waited.

Now put that into context for this summer (covid etc) and re answer the question yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom