• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,627
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

This is something I can defo get behind, but can't be anything other than bs if the Sun is first to report it, right?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This is something I can defo get behind, but can't be anything other than bs if the Sun is first to report it, right?
Yes it's not very reliable but i wouldn't rule out yet Aouar put Arsenal last choice because lack of CL football but if nobody interested in him we might comeback.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I worry about our scouting quality if they have changed their mind about him - whether quality or attitude - after only 10 months.

It wasn't that. It was his agent demands we moved on he wanted 20% agent fee that what been reported it wasn't to do with attitude or quality.
Think I read we continued to scout him during this season but subsequently dropped our interest. Don't remember where though.

Anyways, I'm holding out hope for all the Buendia, Ødegaard and Maddison talk is just a super smokescreen to get down the fee and humble the player 😂

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Weren't the sun first on to another bit of news that turned out to be correct recently? Can't remember what it was, hoping someone can confirm or deny.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
20 million.....we continue to throw mud on the wall to see what stick. What a weird transfer strategy. Just bid for anything see what get accepted. And get rejected by everyone because you bidding too low
We are the roma and lazio of the premier league mate, it's better we started getting used to this strategy

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Purely based on quality I would take Aouar over Maddison, De Paul and Ødegaard.

At €25m I would always take the risk of signing him. If a manager can get him performing at his best, he would tear this league apart. There are some worries about him only showing up in bigger games, but I think a new scene could really do a player like this well.
This feels like a classic Wenger signing. Quality player at a decent price.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

20m is the value signing some have been crying for. Almost feels like journos read websites like this and think let's write a story for clicks.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Aoaur is a talented player. My worry is that bringing in a developing player to an imbalanced and unstable team might not work out well.

I rate him a lot and if he's available, we should get him. Very good footballer.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Aoaur is a talented player. My worry is that bringing in a developing player to an imbalanced and unstable team might not work out well.

I rate him a lot and if he's available, we should get him. Very good footballer.
Aouar looks fully developed to me. Iniesta was already top class when he was 20, couldn’t get any better.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Feeling there is a reasonably good chance he wouldn't work at Arsenal but for 20 million, it might be worth taking a chance IMO. He could be amazing.

db10fan

Don't want Aouar, already have ESR, Willock for offensive CM. Should asking Lyon for Paqueta instead who has been better CM/AM for Lyon than Aouar both in offense and defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom