• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,634
Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Özil cant dribble? That's probably the worst take i have ever seen. I suggest you take your 10 year old butt to youtube and search for "young özil flair".
I'm sorry @Football Manager , but your takes on Özil are so bad. Özil can't dribble is an absolute mad thing to say. His game wasn't about eliminating defenders through dribbling as much as some but his close control and ability to make space for himself and find a pass with his dribbling was immense. Never seen such a top player so badly underrated, especially by someone who likes real creative footballers. Really weird.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Guys, how tall is Aouar?

Some websites have him as 174cm, and other have it as 175cm...

Even saw one saying 173cm. Crazy, I know!
While I'm an unapologetic height supremacist, I think it is really only justified in the case of CBs and managers. :lol:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Özil cant dribble? That's probably the worst take i have ever seen. I suggest you take your 10 year old butt to youtube and search for "young özil flair".

Level 10 dribbling
Level 9 dribbling
Level 8 dribbling
Level 7 dribbling
Level 6 dribbling
Level 5 dribbling
Hakan Calhanoglu - One Of Europe's Top Creative Midfielders - Insane Skills & Goals (2021)
Level 4 dribbling
Alexandre Lacazette Skills That Will Blow Your Mind 2019!
Level 3 dribbling
Mesut Özil ● The Silent Genius ● Best Skills Ever HD
Level 2 dribbling
Aubameyang World-Class | Skills Show 2018/2019
Level 1 dribbling
Theo Walcott- ●Best Dribbles Ever●
Level 0 dribbling
Per Mertesacker - Arsenal's Most Important Player (2013-14)

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Out of curiosity, what are your descriptors per level? What is the difference between a level 9 dribbler and a level 10, because Özil definitely isn't a 3.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Can we not turn this into pages of whether or not Özil can dribble? I think the club may actually be working on this. The price is definitely good and maybe his poor season was because he wanted to move past summer. A change of scenery might be good. I'd take the chance.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

What is messi in dribbling to you when he's been more effective, faster, closer with the ball to his feet yet didn't do any of that fancy bullshit ?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Messi, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo9 - 10
Santi, CR7, Ibra - 8/9
Young Özil - 7/8

You see there, Messi and Ronaldinho being totally different types of dribblers, but they are still both 10.

CR7 was good but 90% of what he did was pointless bullshit, I'd even pick him closer to 8, especially since you compare Özil as of now, whilst he's been very good at dribbling when he was young, just like CR7 - who is a 5 now just as well.
Agree with Auba though.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I don’t agree. Players are older and have declined. Laca and Auba are not capable enough to fire us into top 4.

The squad is gash and I fail to understand how your post has attracted so many likes.

With the current squad we have now (including Ben white) we will push for a europa conference league place.

chelsea are linked with the likes of haaland, united with Sancho etc. And we are looking for a desperation signing in Aouar - a highly inconsistent player that would slot seamlessly into our inconsistent side
Yes, the same players under Emery suddenly look **** under Tets. Trust me, a mere “18 months in aging” does not do that. It’s because the manager cannot draw out the best from these players.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yes, the same players under Emery suddenly look **** under Tets. Trust me, a mere “18 months in aging” does not do that. It’s because the manager cannot draw out the best from these players.

Arteta got the best out of Laca in the second half of the season, he started getting the best out of Pepe, got the best out of Saka, ESR, Tierney, Holding, Xhaka.

I don't understand why people think Arteta tells players to miss open goals and coaches that as well? :lol:

Player misses open goal, ffs Arteta fault. NO, Auba went through a tough time last year, he's regressed but that isn't because he's been coached badly. Auba was on fire when Arteta was first here. I think a mixture of things that happened in his own life plus the new contract does make you comfortable.

Opinions need to be consistent, if a player is playing badly by all means say its down to Mikel. But if a player does well then you also need to praise him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom