• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,601
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Think will move on for him if deal with Maddison and Ødegaard really dead. 25M euros is really cheapt for players like him.

Yeah, even if he is a bit inconsistent and this is a depth signing in rotation and cover for Smith-Rowe it makes a lot of sense at that price. The links are still weak though, doesn't look like our first choice if we are still interested at all.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Aouar to replace Ceballos as a DLP behind Maddison, now that I can get excited about. Thomas-Aouar-Maddison against lower 10, Lokonga-Thomas-Aouar/Maddison against upper 10. Yep, sounds good to me.

He's a fine player and a brilliant progressor of the ball, but lacks end product, so playing him as an 8 in a two is a sensible decision to turn him into a top class player.

TinFish

This is what fascinates me. Lets take a look at Liverpool`s and Chelsea`s squads and imagine how many of our players would make their starting lineup. I don`t think a single Arsenal player makes the liverpool starting lineup. Saka/Tierney start at Chelsea. Otherwise we are simply one level below in terms of squad quality.
We can overtake them if we perform above our abilities and the other clubs don`t, but that can`t be a base expectation IMO. We are not close to these clubs as yet.
Exactly which I why i think the top 4 claim is absurd. We are level or 2 below them now. I appreciate everyone's optimism but even the signings we are linked to are not of the required quality that the top 4 clubs ahead of us will look at. United are getting Varane ffs.

TinFish

Yes, the same players under Emery suddenly look **** under Tets. Trust me, a mere “18 months in aging” does not do that. It’s because the manager cannot draw out the best from these players.
You think 1 man has completely changed the limits of our players? These are players who play with the same people every week at the same stadiums. Why would one man in Tets completely destroy the squad? Have you seen Auba in pre season? He is off the pace, off the pace for over a year now. That is not normal for a player who is expected to bounce back and become elite again. The mans finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom