• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 943,848
Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
With most of Europe broke, unless they're top tier targets, I think we'll be able to pick up players much lower prices. Wouldn't be surprised if we sign him for £20m.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
With most of Europe broke, unless they're top tier targets, I think we'll be able to pick up players much lower prices. Wouldn't be surprised if we sign him for £20m.

The whole of Europe is broke with the exception of one league so our transfer strategy is to ignore all the very good players available at low prices from clubs around Europe desperate to sell and concentrate on buying overrated English players from the only league with any money at hugely inflated prices.

1lgvgt.jpg

Reactions: Kav

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
You would play those as DLP? Or Partey who wanted to be higher up the pitch?

Partey and Aouar at the base as both are press resistant and able to progress the ball. Maddison further forward.

I don't feel we need a cm next to the cbs. Gabriel and White can carry the vall out of defence.

I wouldn't have been against a Bissouma shielding, but I get the impression that we want to be a more progressive team. I don't see how with Xhaka in there buckling under the press and taking one touch too many.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
if we sign him mean no Maddison or we sign him to compete with Partey or Xhaka? because don't get me hyped about having both Aouar and Maddison is squad this is CL level of talent.

it seem teams waiting for last 2 weeks it's clear they don't wanna wait for Aulas to be difficult in negotiations i can even see Aouar moving for under 25M.

Badger_Revenge

In football bad feelings quickly get resolved and excused. It is a matter of priority.
My comment was about trust in negotiation. Arsenal don't want to get strung along again for no good reason. They can't have Lyon constantly changing their demands once interest is shown. Arsenal cannot afford that this year. I can see that they are slow in raising funds via sales, but I think aouar is an option they will only go to when they have all pieces that they really value in place. Then trust won't matter so much. He's not a lynchpin to their plans.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

if we sign him mean no Maddison or we sign him to compete with Partey or Xhaka? because don't get me hyped about having both Aouar and Maddison is squad this is CL level of talent.

it seem teams waiting for last 2 weeks it's clear they don't wanna wait for Aulas to be difficult in negotiations i can even see Aouar moving for under 25M.
Better squad than Man U, city, Chelsea or Liverpool?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He’s probably a fall back option. An easy one to do towards the end of the window if we don’t get preferred targets (Ødegaard).

Scope for both I reckon Aouar is 100% more a CM. Could be him and Maddison/Ødegaard. Doubt it like but don't think it's over kill.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Don’t watch Ligue 1 but didn’t he have a pretty poor year?

Swear he got dropped at one point for lack of effort.
He tied his goal scoring record in a season despite playing 1300 mins less and playing further back more (LCM vs LW). In terms of xG/xA per 90 it was his best season by a country mile, again playing further down the pitch

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The thing is to me it makes even more sense now we're keeping that loser Xhaka. Aouar's stock has fallen that you could probably bed him into this season, less pressure on him to perform while hopefully making a big enough impact to become a starter year after. Add Ødegaard/Maddison and we've revamped our midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom