• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,489
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner-Union

He plays and 8 in a midfield 3 but does he actually track back and tackle
Like a normal box to box ? I know he can dribble and pass but most modern mids have to do everything

Football Head

Lord Conspiracy

my first impressions of him from youtube vids was eden hazard, but i think we can do without his obvious attitude problem. if it can be made for a loan to try him out then ok.

we need upgraded on what we have and he is an upgrade on a couple in midfield.

tcahill

If we can get him on loan with a option that's perfect, puts all the risk on the player and Lyon.

He had a poor season, however for the last few years he's been known as a fantastic young talent, a change of scenery might get him going again. Never want to see Elneny play for us again.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Why this guy is a no brainer for Arsenal

- He can cover for Xhaka, Partey, Ødegaard and ESR (LW). Thats 4 positions he can effectively cover in an area where we are one short or one injury away from being in trouble.

Pepesuave

This player/deal reminds me of Yann M'villa a few years ago. I remember Arsenal fans twerking hard for his signing, seemed close a few times, being very disappointed that it never materialized and the player ended up doing f^&T^& all the rest of his career

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
This player/deal reminds me of Yann M'villa a few years ago. I remember Arsenal fans twerking hard for his signing, seemed close a few times, being very disappointed that it never materialized and the player ended up doing f^&T^& all the rest of his career
But there is no doubt M'Vila was talented. Who knows where he would have ended up under Wenger. Football and a players career can sometimes be about circumstances

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We should really try loan plus 15M obligation will be such a steal. i think we waiting to get Willian off first we'll with Elneny and Partey off to Afcon in Januray and also you should consider there will be injures we could do with another midfielder

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Just do it if it's a loan
Now they're offering him to us, please take him.. Edu's cunning plan is working!

bbc GIF by britbox

Finesse

We should really try loan plus 15M obligation will be such a steal. i think we waiting to get Willian off first we'll with Elneny and Partey off to Afcon in Januray and also you should consider there will be injures we could do with another midfielder

This is the thing with our current management. We have some glaring legacy issues with players / wages / contracts and overall quality. However we do not pass a chance to get a player this cheap. One of the simple problems with our midfield is we lack genuine natural footballers who have the right first touch , calm under pressure , good vision and who always want the ball and want to move it. A simple addition with MO last night made a lot of difference. Without Partey , we are left with Xhaka , Elnenny and a young kid Sambi. Adding Aouar to the mix is even better for us. The more players of his ilk, the better we can play , move the ball , and create chances for the strikers.

With Willian about to leave, there space for a new CM. I replayed and watched the Brentford game and the glaring issue was our lack of application and ability on the ball. The basics were all wrong. Wrong passing , rushed passes , over hit , bad first touch. So we created nothing concrete for the poor debutant Balogun. No one wanted the ball apart from ESR. Everything was safe and laboured in midfield. If you had MO and Aouar in that same team and game, you would immediately see natural players who want the ball , want to touch it , move it and use it. This is how we have always played. We flooded the midfield with players who were creative and could make the unexpected happen. Now we have cloggers and depend on ESR for everything creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom