• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 943,435
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't think the club will spend 55m on an AM when we need a RB and a CM.

We need a midfielder, Aouar is a midfielder. It's not like he's Özil and only plays at 10. I think long-term he's a LCM in a 4-3-3, the Iniesta position.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Aouar, Lamptey, Edouard...bish bash bosh

Saliba, Aouar, Edouard...French excellence at the carpet, as God intended.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It's a shame Juve are so bad this year, might mean they try extra hard for him. Would live him here though, i've been team Aouar since day 1, think he allows us to finally shift to 4-3-3. Hard deal to do though, wouldn't count on it.
Yeah this is why I'll be confused if we sign Ødegaard. He's a good player but he limits you the shape wise.

Sabitzer, Nkunku, Aouar type players can play in a 433 (something Arteta has spoken about a couple times). ESR has the capability to play there too.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The source isn't good to be considered i don't think we'll back to him we'll likely go with Ødegaard who will be settled cheaper and not much difference between him and Aouar imo.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not really backing this deal anymore. We looked settled in the 4231, and I don't think Aouar is at his best as a 10 or a LW, he does his best stuff as an 8 in a 433 imo. Would rather we try and get Ødegaard on some sort of loan with obligation, then go for a right footed LW.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Aouar, Lamptey, Edouard...bish bash bosh

Saliba, Aouar, Edouard...French excellence at the carpet, as God intended.
I don't get the need for Edouard unless we lose both Lacazette and Balogun. We have 1 CF position, and I'd see Auba, Laca, Martinelli and Balo as more than enough.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I don't get the need for Edouard unless we lose both Lacazette and Balogun. We have 1 CF position, and I'd see Auba, Laca, Martinelli and Balo as more than enough.

If Laca stays then you don't need him, you're right, but if Laca is sold and Nketiah is sold then you'd probably want to buy a striker. Midfield is still the priority though.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Laca stays then you don't need him, you're right, but if Laca is sold and Nketiah is sold then you'd probably want to buy a striker. Midfield is still the priority though.
Yeah agree. If we don't get Aouar who do you see as a viable alternative?

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Also **** him. Got the potential to do a Nasri on us years down the line. His first choice was Juventus if I remember correctly. Players who come here should get this club fully and give everything on the pitch. I’m more interested in this.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Bit of a personal question but are you actually Dutch? If so, thoughts on Ryan Gravenberch?
Yeah, I am. Also an Ajax fan, so I watch them a lot. Gravenberch is a massive talent, very good on the ball. You can see he has good technical ability, able to create space with his first touch and good passing range. Decent size, so if he continues to grow into his body he could also be a real physical presence in midfield.

Needs to learn to impose himself a little more and be a more dominant presence, but he's very fluid on the ball. Also needs to be a bit more consistent in his passing. Does have the range, but am sometimes annoyed by unnecessary mistakes, think he should work a little on his concentration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom