• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,499
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seems a better target this year now that Saka is preforming on the right. What’s he like in central midfield, would he be a viable option?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
If we could splash out 55m on Aouar, who isn't even that much of a sure bet, you can really at least try for Grealish adding some 25m, maybe stretched about a few more years.

Might be rejected nonetheless, sure, but from an investment perspective and risk/reward you gotta try that first, if you have that kind of money for new players to begin with.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We shouldn't be turning our nose up at Aoaur. I wonder if Guendouzi would be interested in Lyon?

Partey, Aoaur and ESR/Ødegaard would be brilliant technically.

Zaza

Since he is not a 10, who would Aouar replace, Saka or Pepe, and why is this a priority?
He can play as a 10 but Arteta will be moving to a 4-3-3 anyway so yeah. Creativity is a big priority...we need 2 creative midfielders...a CM and either a 10 or an LW. Preferably one experienced and a prospect.

Legend14

Established Member
He can play as a 10 but Arteta will be moving to a 4-3-3 anyway so yeah. Creativity is a big priority...we need 2 creative midfielders...a CM and either a 10 or an LW. Preferably one experienced and a prospect.
He doesn’t play 10; it’s not his strength, and he is not an upgrade to any of our starters at any other position. Arteta has no reason to move to a 4-3-3, he is building his team around a 4-2-3-1 and its looking promising. I can see Arsenal passing again on Aouar.

MikeVinna

Established Member
He doesn’t play 10; it’s not his strength, and he is not an upgrade to any of our starters at any other position. Arteta has no reason to move to a 4-3-3, he is building his team around a 4-2-3-1 and its looking promising. I can see Arsenal passing again on Aouar.

I agree. We’ll likely stick to the 4-2-3-1. I don’t agree he’s not an upgrade to any of our starters though. Getting Aouar could finally mean the long awaited booting of Xhaka out of our starting XI.

Zaza

Would be an upgrade on ESR and Ødegaard.

teamsoutheast

Seems a better target this year now that Saka is preforming on the right. What’s he like in central midfield, would he be a viable option?
That's his natuiral position. He plays there for Lyon alongside Thiago Mendes and Lucas Pacqueta. Honestly, if we can get him along with Lyon's young hot prospect (also CM) Rayan Cherkhi then that's a really good summer IMO.

Goonger

Don't think he'd have the impact that his price tag would warrant now.

Plus, given his attitude last summer, does anyone think he'd leave a team about to qualify for the Champions League for a team with potentially no European football at all?

Im sure he thinks he's above us already, & don't think I want that attitude here.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
That's fair. If he thinks he's above us, then we shouldn't be chasing him.

On the other hand he may believe in the Arsenal project. Playing next to Partey and possibly behind Ødegaard, maybe he'd believe that we're a team not only ready to match his salary demands, but his ambition as well.

Partey, Aoaur, Ceballos, ESR, Ødegaard? Plus one more would be a serious set of central options. With Torreria, AMN, El Nenny, Guendouzi and hopefully Xhaka going, it could be a possibility. Especially if Aoaur is the player Arteta covers.

I wonder if he'd fancy Ceballos deep, Partey box to box, with Aoaur ahead?

teamsoutheast

Don't think he'd have the impact that his price tag would warrant now.

Plus, given his attitude last summer, does anyone think he'd leave a team about to qualify for the Champions League for a team with potentially no European football at all?

Im sure he thinks he's above us already, & don't think I want that attitude here.
Lyon need to sell to balance their books. They are in fincancial trouble so i'm sure they would be willing to accept a lower price for him.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
That's his natuiral position. He plays there for Lyon alongside Thiago Mendes and Lucas Pacqueta. Honestly, if we can get him along with Lyon's young hot prospect (also CM) Rayan Cherkhi then that's a really good summer IMO.
Wouldn't we then have to get another DM if Aouar played CM, I presume in a 3 with Partey?

Goonger

Lyon need to sell to balance their books. They are in fincancial trouble so i'm sure they would be willing to accept a lower price for him.

Latest stories a couple of days ago were that Lyon were still demanding €55M. They didn't lower last summer, let's see if the would this.

teamsoutheast

Latest stories a couple of days ago were that Lyon were still demanding €55M. They didn't lower last summer, let's see if the would this.
Their just posturing IMO. They know only 2 clubs in the world can pay that under these circumstances (Man City/PSG).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom