• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,663
Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
60m on Silva is certainly waayyyyy better business as spending it on Maddison.
As much as I rate Silva, £60m on a 26 years old player is never a good deal. The next time we consider extend or sell, he will be around 29-30. His market value would have been dropped, and we would not be able to sell anywhere close to that £60m. However, as the player does not want to stay at the club, I expect he would be available at a discount.

Maddison whom I don’t think is as technically gifted as Silva, and sometimes can be too direct that affects our teamwork play, is at a good age. He would be around 27-28 when we consider to extend or sell, he will still be at a good market value. However, £60m for him is definitely way overpriced.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
60m on Silva is certainly waayyyyy better business as spending it on Maddison.
He has sensational link up play and creativity, and the thing that really really makes him crazy perfect for a system like ours is he's more than capable of drifting into different positions in different phases of play, extremely clever player who can play across our attacking midfield / wing positions. That's kind of why I wanted Buendia tbh. ESR, Pepe and Saka are all adept and suited to playing like that and it makes for attractive football if we could ever get it right. That is the drawback about Ødegaard/Maddison, they are closer to traditional 10's, a bit more static albeit being better ball strikers.

The only drawback is he doesn't score many goals so doesn't solve the lack of goals from midfield issue. Anyway we have no chance. He's a player teetering on elite so clubs like PSG, Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Athletico, Bayern will be interested.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Why has the interest gone cold on him? Last year he had Juve, Madrid, PSG and us fighting for his signature and now it’s nobody. I know he didn’t reach the heights of before but I find it difficult to believe no big club likes him. Personally, I’m going for Caqueret but that’s just me. And, I’ve never seen Aouar as a 10.

You answered your own question, didn't you? Like why would anyone want to sign Aouar when they can sign Caqueret instead?

Wiggins

What is it with us and being linked to promising young midfielders with ties to France? And I'm aware Frey is a Goalkeeper, but I'm talking about the previous few names, and Toulalan (however you spell it), and Guendouzi (which happened TBF), etc.,
It's probably just lingering Wenger effect? Who knows.

Token Yank

Only hope we have of nabbing City players is they wouldn't really consider us a rival. I doubt City would sanction any move of their quality players to United, Chelsea and certainly Liverpool. No one wants to play at Spuds so really only leaves Arsenal who could afford the wages.

djflick

Transfer Denialist
Only hope we have of nabbing City players is they wouldn't really consider us a rival. I doubt City would sanction any move of their quality players to United, Chelsea and certainly Liverpool. No one wants to play at Spuds so really only leaves Arsenal who could afford the wages.

This is the Aouar thread?

Token Yank

This is the Aouar thread?
Sorry for going slightly off topic on an internet forum. In my opinion Aouar is not a top priority. I think we are waiting for the Kane/Grealish dominos to fall. Seeing as we didn't make a massive effort to sign our 'top target' in Buendia makes me feel like we are holding out for a bigger fish.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Daily Mirror tweets aren't worth posting unless they tag a journalist in there, then it's an actual link.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Zero of the Arsenal aggregator accounts have picked up on this, probably because they don't follow papers, just ITKs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom