• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,560
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
And chance we could get Laca in a part exchange for him?

Might be dreaming a little, but maybe not...no one seems to be really in for Aouar which might reduce his cost, maybe Alex would reduce his wage demands to return to the team he loves and it fees up money for a much needed striker signing.

Gunner-Union

Hot property last season know now no one would pee on him if he’s on fire. He’s more of an 8 like Maddison so would we play a mid 3 ?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I suspect no one is gonna touch him with a barge pole till his brother is out of the picture. That sort of brown envelope business deals are not good for club or client if you get caught.

Badger_Revenge

I get the feeling Auoar and his agent really annoyed Arsenal last year and they don't want to deal with him unless they can't get what they think are higher rated targets. They are basically begging for a move out. it seems.

Gunner-Union

I get the feeling Auoar and his agent really annoyed Arsenal last year and they don't want to deal with him unless they can't get what they think are higher rated targets. They are basically begging for a move out. it seems.
Probably shat over us and said we are not good enough and now come with their hands out asking please

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Nobody wanting to sign you is the main thing used to bash most of our players yet it strangely doesn’t apply here lol.

Im a fan of this player but looking at the guys who have been ostracised at the club, I couldn’t see Auoar and Mikel working out somehow.

He’s definitely done with Lyon/Ligue one though, the body language and overall demeanour looked disinterested at times (in my opinion, I’m sure someone will disagree).

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Nobody wanting to sign you is the main thing used to bash most of our players yet it strangely doesn’t apply here lol.

Im a fan of this player but looking at the guys who have been ostracised at the club, I couldn’t see Auoar and Mikel working out somehow.

He’s definitely done with Lyon/Ligue one though, the body language and overall demeanour looked disinterested at times (in my opinion, I’m sure someone will disagree).
Yep him and Arteta is match made in hell. Arteta would drive his value down to 5 million after banning him from the training center and demand his picture be removed from the club website

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

There must be a good reason we haven't jumped on this, available for an affordable price, ticks all the boxes profile wise as he can play 10 or 8, or even slightly wide I believe. Different to ESR and can compliment him. He was also one of our top targets last summer.

Yet for some reason it seems like our interest has cooled massively. He had a weird season with Lyon and it seems as if his reputation has taken a massive hit. There must be something seriously off-putting to not only ourselves but other clubs who were supposedly keeping an eye on his development a year or so ago

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
As others have pointed out this is a bizarre one where we were linked with the player at double the fee last season and now seem unwilling to make it happen at half the price. Unless he’s gone full Thomas Lemar I really don’t get it.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
There must be a good reason we haven't jumped on this, available for an affordable price, ticks all the boxes profile wise as he can play 10 or 8, or even slightly wide I believe. Different to ESR and can compliment him. He was also one of our top targets last summer.

Yet for some reason it seems like our interest has cooled massively. He had a weird season with Lyon and it seems as if his reputation has taken a massive hit. There must be something seriously off-putting to not only ourselves but other clubs who were supposedly keeping an eye on his development a year or so ago
It's got to be something to do with his or his teams behaviour when we were close last year. Think he's just behaved in a way which has put the club off returning with a new bid. If we are desperate we'll probably go back in for him again.

GLITCH

As others have pointed out this is a bizarre one where we were linked with the player at double the fee last season and now seem unwilling to make it happen at half the price. Unless he’s gone full Thomas Lemar I really don’t get it.
Completely forgot about that guy. Can't believe we panicked and nearly blew £90m on him. Luckily he changed his mind on leaving.

Finesse

In football bad feelings quickly get resolved and excused. It is a matter of priority. Arsenal have a list and MO was ontop. Now that boat has sailed and Maddison is the player. Aouar’s camp has been in contact and all parties are aware and know what to do to get the deal over the line. The terms and fees are better than last season and clear to all. The issue is Arsenal will do a deal only if the Maddison deal is not happening. There is still a lot of time in the window and Arsenal is confident about ending it with a playmaker. The only setback is the inability to raise any funds from player sales. The window has been going smoothly for Arsenal in terms of targets ( Sambi , White , Tavares) until the Roma debacle. Arsenal hoped to raise funds to engage a new CM. Roma tried to delay and frustrate the process and Arsenal pulled the plug , spoke to the player camp , agreed a new deal and he reported for training ahead of the season.

Arsenal is trying to raise some funds from sales and proposing player plus cash deals. The player sales side has been very disappointing despite the resolve to completely clear out fringe players. The right back situation is very precarious. Currently Hector and Cedric remain contracted with Chambers as the new mainstay. Hector is not generating any meaningful interest which look like resulting to incoming cash. There are possibilities that may change. There will be no movement in this area until something changes.

As for Maddison, the player camp and Arsenal are agreed. Leicester is doing what every club will do , push for for the best price. They know it is a matter of time now. The only plus is Arsenal have time till the end of August and Leicester needs time to use the funds too. This will eventually force their hands to deal. Same with the White deal. Brighton could not drag their feet any longer once the player was decided on the move and they also needed time to spend the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom