• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

How do you cope?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

How do you take a loss?

Curious to find out how my fellow AMers deal with a loss, especially the bad ones. For mine, I can't stomach reading negative articles about Arsenal directly after a loss so I refrain from reading The Guardian, Telegraph etc for a few days, I even don't listen to Football Weekly which is a brilliant pod but that Irish fecker grinds my gears when we lose, so I just stick to Arseblog :lol:

Pretty much my sanctuary is AM and I barricade myself (metaphorically speaking) from all outside forces :lol:

When we win though...:bounce:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It really depends on the loss, ie did we play well, were we beaten by a better team, did Wenger make a strange team selection or sub!

The draw on Tues for eg, I was really fed up yet we didnt lose. I know I definitely get touchy at home, and with a wife and 3 daughters who have no idea or interest in football, it must be quite a shock. "Mum, why is Dad in such a bad mood?" "Not sure, he was fine 90 mins ago!"

Like you and many others, I turn to AM and shout and scream a bit. Then wait until the next game.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I guess I should have said "How do you deal with disappointment" because you're right, some draws - like Tuesday, feel far worse than some losses.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I stay away from of twitter and AM for a good day or two. IRL I do the same whenever I get mad at something, take some time to clear my head and whatnot.

Still mad at the team (and a couple of players in special) for Tuesday, tho.

Fallout

arsenal results used to get me quite emotional. a disappointment would put me in the dumps for a few days. but then came the season where we stuck ramsey at CAM. in the first few months, our football (and results) was so pathetic--we would spend 1/3rd of the game passing the ball between our CBs. i made a conscious decision to stop watching football after the first month of that season. and when i came back, i found i had grown completely numb to arsenal disappointments, and even semi-numb to arsenal successes. i imagine it's akin to a depressed person on medication--few ups or downs. and to be honest, for me it's a much healthier and more satisfying way of supporting the club. i still love the club and want us to do well, but there's no point in getting angry about something that you don't control. what interests me a lot nowadays, as is reflected in a lot of my posts here, is the general direction of the club: can i see that we are we improving, or are we regressing?

Majora

Get very very drunk and have a nice chat with my friends whilst simultaneously having a vicious one sided argument in my head with Wenger :lol:

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I'm much better now that I'm married and have a son. I used to experience withdrawal mood swings, and completely avoid everything that might remind me football. I still avoid MOTD and Skyspors News when we lose, but I don't switch off my phone anymore, simply because I'm used to us not winning F*ck all. Love the Arsenal...that's my love for life.

Bould14

Vent on AM and after skip 2-3 days of any football related news that deals with the PL. Gives me a chance to catch up on La Liga.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Either ignore anything to do with football for a couple of days or call all our players ****s for a while.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
arsenal results used to get me quite emotional. a disappointment would put me in the dumps for a few days. but then came the season where we stuck ramsey at CAM. in the first few months, our football (and results) was so pathetic--we would spend 1/3rd of the game passing the ball between our CBs. i made a conscious decision to stop watching football after the first month of that season. and when i came back, i found i had grown completely numb to arsenal disappointments, and even semi-numb to arsenal successes. i imagine it's akin to a depressed person on medication--few ups or downs. and to be honest, for me it's a much healthier and more satisfying way of supporting the club. i still love the club and want us to do well, but there's no point in getting angry about something that you don't control. what interests me a lot nowadays, as is reflected in a lot of my posts here, is the general direction of the club: can i see that we are we improving, or are we regressing?

That's a lot like me. I vent on here which is quite therapeutic, surrounded by other gooners who understand.

It used to destroy me, I remember being in tears when I was a kid and Gazza and Lineker scored goals to knock us out of the semi finals of the cup at Wembley (showing my age). Nowadays, I have responsibilities, two boys and a partner. My priorities are different and I can't afford to be in a bad mood and ruin their days just because of football, like what you said, you have no control over the outcome. I'm much more numb in general to disappointments. I remember taking the loss to the United semi final with the infamous Giggs goal very very badly too. I wasn't best pleased about the other night it has to be said.

Still love my Arsenal though, no matter how pissed off I get, or how far removed they are from the club I supported as a boy...and I still can't take losing to Sp**s!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom