• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

how long can we stay unbeaten

Jinn

Established Member
Yes, it has been an interesting season, and now that we are halfway through it, none of the earlier part of the season matters.

Here we are neck and neck, and you're right Jazz, it is this second half that is the most important. Can we win it? Either of the big three can - but I'd still put my money on us or Manure.

lewdikris

Established Member
Winning 14 games in a row at the back of 2001/2 sure helped.

Champs, mate, you're speaking rubbish. If your squad gets stretched, who will you have to rely on? Djemba Djemba, Bellion, Ronaldo, Wes Brown, John O'Shea. 3 of them are good. Brown gets injured taking a piss let alone playing football (which is a shame, I really rate him, though I think he's got no bottle). Ronaldo's massively talented, but as inconsistent as any 18 year old winger's gonna be. O'Shea's the most consistent, but is not a patch on the equally versatile Toure.

You lose Ruud, Giggs, Scholes or Keane at once - you replace them with:

Forlan (or a new striker - if you don't piss offf every club in Europe so badly with illegal approaches that they let you have someone), who's ****; Fletcher, who's ok; there is no replacement for Scholes; and Butt, Neville and Djemba Djemba can just about cover for Keane.

You already lost Rio. Ho ho ho.

We lose Thierry, Bobby, Paddy, Sol - we have:

No real replacement for Thierry- but i'd trust Dennis, Sylvain, Aliadiere and Kanu to pick up the slack for Henry more than Deadly Diego for Horseboy; Freddie and Wiltord already won us a double once as wingers, and could do it again, and we've got Bentley coming through who's just as hot as Fletcher - maybe as Stepover Boy. We've already missed Paddy for 3 months, and didn't lose a single game, and our defence, with or without Sol has let in less goals than you this season.

The thin squad idea is bullshit.

We've 7 defenders who've played top class games this season. You only have six in total, and one of them's about to get banned.

We have four top class central midfielders - you have three, and Djemba Djemba, who's unproven.

O, and Kleberson. I forgot him, just like the Brazilian national coach.

We have three top class wingers/attacking midfielders in Bobby, Freddie and Sylvain, and two kids coming through (Bentley, and Pennant). Plus Edu and Parlour have done excellent jobs out wide in a more solid formation this season. Edu and Gilberto have both scored as many as Giggs and more than Ronaldo and Solskjaer combined.

You have Giggs and Solskjaer, plus Ronaldo, who's variable, Fortune, who's solid but unspectacular, and Fletcher, who's out of position. The only place you're directly stronger than us is with Scholes, who's awesome. But Bobby and Freddie match him for goals scored. And Bobby matches him for influence.

We're stronger there.

We have the best striker in the world, plus 4 others, 3 of whom who've scored as many as Forlan this season. And one who's Dennis Bergkamp.

You have the fourth or fifth best striker in the world, plus a player out of his depth in Diego, plus A.N. Other - Viduka say, who'll need settling in time, and if it is Viduka, will only show up once a month. O, and Bellion, who's rubbish.

I'd say we're stronger than you there too. To be honest.

If you think we have a thin squad, you read the ****ing Sun too much mate. it's a myth.

jc8gooner

That was pretty comprehensive then, wasn't it.

Fletcher, who's ok
I'd dispute that though. I've seen him quite a few times, and I can honestly say that I think he is rubbish. His passing is dreadful, he doesn't score, he's not a combative midfielder. What the hell does he do? Ferguson is just picking him cos he's Scottish. All that **** about him being the new Beckham! Beckham was 3 times as good as him at that age! Even a mate of mine, a Manure fan, thinks he's rubbish!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I think its best to take it one game at a time. we need to be more ruthless and not just sit back on one nil leads if we're to win the league.

thegame24

Established Member
hey champs how did we bottle it?

did you ever consider the fact that sol was unfairly punished against ole?
or when the ref gave liverpool a corner when it wasnt in the last minute AT ANFIELD.
Or when harry kewell brings down the ball with his hand to then go and score and mark viduka being BLATENTLY offside for the winning goal.

sure you will mention henrys offside goal against manure but it cancels out as ruud van diver had to handle the ball while setting up the first goal at OT.

PS: Arsenal have already lost in the champs league so i guess we COULD go unbeaten in league, repeat COULD.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The way we played tonight it will happen but how long before the way I feel at this time of typing very very soon.
Im feeling in a real grotty mood

_scorpion_

Established Member
who cares?

It means jack-sh*t if we finish second.

Sorry bout the abruptness, but quite frankly this 'unbeaten' run is putting too much pressure on the players and the result of this pressure is more draws cause the players dont have the guts to risk it all ofr a win.

vin de guerre

_scorpion_ said:
who cares?

It means jack-sh*t if we finish second.

Sorry bout the abruptness, but quite frankly this 'unbeaten' run is putting too much pressure on the players and the result of this pressure is more draws cause the players dont have the guts to risk it all ofr a win.

I agree to most but one factor may be working in our favour. Now we have Manure in pole position and also in striking distance we can refocus not on being unbeaten but on winning the second half of the season since in reality all that has passed is irrelevant and what happens from now on will define whether we have what it takes to become Great. We must re address our lack of killer instinct and ability to pressurise and also to take pressure.

champs

thegame24 said:
hey champs how did we bottle it?

did you ever consider the fact that sol was unfairly punished against ole?
or when the ref gave liverpool a corner when it wasnt in the last minute AT ANFIELD.
Or when harry kewell brings down the ball with his hand to then go and score and mark viduka being BLATENTLY offside for the winning goal.

sure you will mention henrys offside goal against manure but it cancels out as ruud van diver had to handle the ball while setting up the first goal at OT.

PS: Arsenal have already lost in the champs league so i guess we COULD go unbeaten in league, repeat COULD.

here we go again with sol been unfairly punished, get your blinkers off, he elbowed ole, he got what he deserved

as for your other situations, things go for you in some games and sometimes things dont, they balance themselve out in a season

you did bottle it, at one point you were 8 points clear of us, we started going on a great run, the pressure of man utd's form got to arsenal, hence they bottled it

thegame24

Established Member
For gods sake why are all man u fans the same?......stupid.

If you think Sol elbowed ole then what did you think of van nistlerooys against legwinski? the gy actually came out of the challenge with a bruise and a cut eye.

Also even if sol did deserve a red card, WHICH HE DIDNT, the he still got screwed with 4 match ban cause he got unfairly sent off in the game gainst Southampton when we lost 3-2 which in the end made his next red a 4 match ban. And ALSO if it was so blatent why did that arsehole Ole say he would defend him so that he doesnt get a ban?

AGAIN more ignorance we were not 8 points clear you had a game in hand against a **** team thus making it 5 points.
WOW you caught up 5 points, i seem to remember us catching 11 points in 98 and 9 points in 02 WHICH WE WENT ON to WIN on your on turf.

That season we were totally screwed by the refs.

this season i admit i cant blame bad decisions as there hasnt been many or Justice was done.

Eg. i think Hollands dive against us cost us all the points vs charlton, thats the only time weve been ****ed this season.

Also forlans DIVE could have cost us but justcice was done.

However, i guess Rio not being banned yet is a joke, i mean would you have a convicted criminal still running about on the streets? NO. so why is a convicted cheat still playing football and saving you lucky wankers valuable points?

champs

lewdikris said:
Winning 14 games in a row at the back of 2001/2 sure helped.

Champs, mate, you're speaking rubbish. If your squad gets stretched, who will you have to rely on? Djemba Djemba, Bellion, Ronaldo, Wes Brown, John O'Shea. 3 of them are good. Brown gets injured taking a piss let alone playing football (which is a shame, I really rate him, though I think he's got no bottle). Ronaldo's massively talented, but as inconsistent as any 18 year old winger's gonna be. O'Shea's the most consistent, but is not a patch on the equally versatile Toure.

please explain, how is o'shea not as versatile as toure? o'shea can play all across the back

You lose Ruud, Giggs, Scholes or Keane at once - you replace them with:

Forlan (or a new striker - if you don't piss offf every club in Europe so badly with illegal approaches that they let you have someone), who's ****; Fletcher, who's ok; there is no replacement for Scholes; and Butt, Neville and Djemba Djemba can just about cover for Keane.

You already lost Rio. Ho ho ho.

maybe so, if we appeal which im pretty sure we will the ban could be shortened, when the ban starts wes will just slot in for rio, hes a top quality & proven player for us, our defence is very versatile
gary nev can play at rightback or in the center, so too can wes brown, fortune can play at left back, o'shea can play every position in defence, silvestre can play left back & in the centre & if needed keano or phil nev can play in defence
so with or without rio our defence will be just fine

We lose Thierry, Bobby, Paddy, Sol - we have:

No real replacement for Thierry- but i'd trust Dennis, Sylvain, Aliadiere and Kanu to pick up the slack for Henry more than Deadly Diego for Horseboy; Freddie and Wiltord already won us a double once as wingers, and could do it again, and we've got Bentley coming through who's just as hot as Fletcher - maybe as Stepover Boy. We've already missed Paddy for 3 months, and didn't lose a single game, and our defence, with or without Sol has let in less goals than you this season.

in my opinion bergkamp is noway near as good as he used to be & i have no words to describe wiltord, hes nearly as bad as forlan :wink: i wouldnt trust diego to step in for ruud if he got injured, but i would trust ole whos back in a few weeks
im pretty sure a new striker will be coming in this month, who i have no idea

O, and Kleberson. I forgot him, just like the Brazilian national coach.

kleberson is a world cup winner & the ex brazilian manager said kleberson was the 1st name down on the team sheet for every game, above players like ronaldo, rivaldo, ronaldinho, so yeah he must be **** :roll:

You have the fourth or fifth best striker in the world, plus a player out of his depth in Diego, plus A.N. Other - Viduka say, who'll need settling in time, and if it is Viduka, will only show up once a month. O, and Bellion, who's rubbish.

i dont think so somehow, at this moment in time i rate ruud to be the best, hes scored 98 goals in 127 appearances, thats the best record for any striker in the world & that is a fact, henry, ronaldo, vieri etc dont come near his record
bellion has a lot to learn, but how good was henry at 20?

A

Anonymous

thegame24 said:
However, i guess Rio not being banned yet is a joke, i mean would you have a convicted criminal still running about on the streets? NO. so why is a convicted cheat still playing football and saving you lucky wankers valuable points?

the same reason why "convicted criminals" like that Man City player are still playing football...
and who said Rio hasn't been banned?!..ofcourse he has..just that the ban starts a lil late..the same way how Lauren,Keown etc all their ban's started much later then the incident...

champs

thegame24 said:
For gods sake why are all man u fans the same?......stupid.

stupid? have you read most of the posts on here from arsenal fans?
you just assume all man utd fans know nothing about football :roll:
this is my opinion/view on the matter, if you dont like it, then who cares

thegame24

Established Member
"kleberson is a world cup winner & the ex brazilian manager said kleberson was the 1st name down on the team sheet for every game, above players like ronaldo, rivaldo, ronaldinho, so yeah he must be ****"

LOL kleberson LOL he hits the crossbar in the world cup final and that makes him a world cup winner aye? silva played every single match THATS a world cup winner.

A

Anonymous

soo true Champs..
not sure you know this but Ruud's almost about to break the record for fastest to 100 goals which is Shearer's record,
and at the moment ruud's goal ratio is much much much higher then Ronaldo,Vieiri,Trezegeut,Raul,Henry,Inzaghi,Cole,Shearer,Shevshenko,Elber,Makaay,..
oh and yes..
Kleberson,Bellion,Silvestre,Ruud,Ole....they're all ****! 8)

champs

thegame24 said:
"kleberson is a world cup winner & the ex brazilian manager said kleberson was the 1st name down on the team sheet for every game, above players like ronaldo, rivaldo, ronaldinho, so yeah he must be ****"

LOL kleberson LOL he hits the crossbar in the world cup final and that makes him a world cup winner aye? silva played every single match THATS a world cup winner.

so a brazilian manager, who managed the best players in the world, knows nothing about football, of course he doesnt :roll:

A

Anonymous

why would he know anything champs?!he's only won the World cup!

reggiepaul

I think this is the turning point.

Major points first - EVERTON WEREN'T **** last night.

They were damn good. Although we controlled the game last night for a while, Everton went up a level and just took their chances although we had most of them.

Overall though, as Arsenal we'll be pissed, remain unbeaten and after another solid win take over United. We'll win it.

A

Anonymous

cause for Brazil,Kleberson doesn't play in the centre of midfield!he plays right winger!

Top Bottom