• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

How many posters here are actual Arsenal fans?

How large is the proportion true Arsenal fans?

• +90%

• +70%

• +50%

• I am Manberg and don't tick this way!

Results are only viewable after voting.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I thought I'd click the Manberg option as a laugh and I'm one of 2 people to do it. **** me
Surprised there aren’t more votes on that option. Personally think he/she/they make up at least 5-10% of the posters on AM. We are Manberg! 😉

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I grew up in the Highbury area, went to Highbury Grove school, but fell out of love with Premiership football all the way back in 2004. Exclusively supported Southend United since then, which has helped me to realise how whiny a lot of you motherfuckers are.

So the Goon is not a gooner at all. :lol: Good to know.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I'm an Arsenal fan but wish I weren't. It's really not very rewarding being a Spanish Arsenal fan. For one everyone tells you how weird you are, and if they are Madridistas they tell you that you are a fan of the English Atléti, who's never won a european cup. When we hired Em*ry after Wenger I honestly would've switched to another team if it were possible. Sadly, it wasn't. Addictions / fanaticisms of 30 years, from the age of 5-6, you just can't change. :/

Not even rewarding in terms of watching us here on my own soil, either, now that I think of it. Seen Arsenal twice here, once in Camp Nou in 2011 when RvP was sent off on that bullshit, and then the UEFA semifinal against Atléti when we went out. Wasn't in the country when Henry did that goal in the Bernabéu. Typical.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Anyone still suffering through Arsenal games is a true fan. Can’t stop. I want to. But can’t. One day it will get better.

I wonder if we are all actual dead, but can't remember dying...and we are all horrible people, so we went to hell...and watching Arsenal these past 5 years is our punishment?

It's perfect, tbh...they even throw in the odd bright moment, to give you some hope...before crushing you again, in a worse way.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I wonder if we are all actual dead, but can't remember dying...and we are all horrible people, so we went to hell...and watching Arsenal these past 5 years is our punishment?

It's perfect, tbh...they even throw in the odd bright moment, to give you some hope...before crushing you again, in a worse way.
Even hell can’t be this bad.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I supported Arsenal since I was a youngster and have arsenal magazines and stuff dating back from 1994 but I can't recall games fully untill 1995/1996 season.

Only went once to Highbury mind (Ipswich in the cup - Wiltord was playing to give reference). As me and my dad opted for the much cheaper London Knights ice hockey team at the time season tickets.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Better question is what % wishes they supported someone else?
I am totally fine with supporting Arsenal! I support other football teams in other countries I lived in and some are pretty rubbish to be fair. What attracted me to Arsenal is that they are a bit like my first love: Djurgårdens IF! Another classy organization! 🦌🏡

One simply has to ride the up and down periods. Right now things might not be great, but we have a proud history and stand for class. More than you can say about some other clubs, none mentioned and none forgotten!

Tom Mix

Arsenal fan since Alan Ball was playing here. On this forum there's too much "me me me", too much eagerness to show you're a football genius who knows more than the pros and to diss players who are infinitely better than their critics.

But that's the modern world since the Web took over, talentless windbags taking the pics out of talented people.

TinFish

Arsenal fan since Alan Ball was playing here. On this forum there's too much "me me me", too much eagerness to show you're a football genius who knows more than the pros and to diss players who are infinitely better than their critics.

But that's the modern world since the Web took over, talentless windbags taking the pics out of talented people.
No way, this is one of the most casual forums compared to lets say...Red Cafe

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

I have never wanted to not be an Arsenal fan...not sure if this shows I am loyal, or just ****ed up in the head though.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

My earliest memory of football was seeing Wrighty scoring on Sky in 96. I had no idea who or what Arsenal where and had no previous interest in the sport but decided because of this guy and his funny celebrations that this club will do for me.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

There are worse. Arsenal Land back in its day was moderated to Volkischer Beobachter levels. No wonder that forum died. AWIMB was taken over by a bunch of right wing loonies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom