• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

How many posters here are actual Arsenal fans?

How large is the proportion true Arsenal fans?

• +90%

• +70%

• +50%

• I am Manberg and don't tick this way!

Results are only viewable after voting.

TinFish

I'm an Arsenal fan but wish I weren't. It's really not very rewarding being a Spanish Arsenal fan. For one everyone tells you how weird you are, and if they are Madridistas they tell you that you are a fan of the English Atléti, who's never won a european cup. When we hired Em*ry after Wenger I honestly would've switched to another team if it were possible. Sadly, it wasn't. Addictions / fanaticisms of 30 years, from the age of 5-6, you just can't change. :/

Not even rewarding in terms of watching us here on my own soil, either, now that I think of it. Seen Arsenal twice here, once in Camp Nou in 2011 when RvP was sent off on that bullshit, and then the UEFA semifinal against Atléti when we went out. Wasn't in the country when Henry did that goal in the Bernabéu. Typical.
The trick is to watch Arsenal from an entertainment perspective.

Arsenal fan since 1998. I guess looking back I was more of an Arsène Wenger fan.

Now that we've lost our identity as a club instead of feeling sorry for yourself, just enjoy the quality banter that comes with being an Arsenal fan.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Big Man City fan here in peace. Had huge respect for you guys under Wenger, all gone downhill since then.

Good luck on Saturday.
I was gonna use this exact same joke in the match day thread. But you know what they say about great minds, I'm honoured.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The trick is to watch Arsenal from an entertainment perspective.

Arsenal fan since 1998. I guess looking back I was more of an Arsène Wenger fan.

Now that we've lost our identity as a club instead of feeling sorry for yourself, just enjoy the quality banter that comes with being an Arsenal fan.

African football fans are the funniest in the world, they're constantly taking the p*ss :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Big Olympic Marseille fan here. Guendouzi and Saliba are top players, really glad your rubbish manager didn’t know what he had, and loaned them to us. Not surprised he had to waste £70m to replace them though. Your loss is our gain, but thanks anyway.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Big Olympic Marseille fan here. Guendouzi and Saliba are top players, really glad your rubbish manager didn’t know what he had, and loaned them to us. Not surprised he had to waste £70m to replace them though. Your loss is our gain, but thanks anyway.

Funny, but you gotta be careful here though.

Marseille's cheating in the 90s, nearly drove Arsène away from football :lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arsenal fan since 2005. First game I saw was the FA cup final which we sh*thoused our way to winning.

But I can't really remember why I started to support the team.

Never seen us lift a prem trophy.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Been an Arsenal fan since early 1991. It was a Sunday afternoon, Arsenal were away to Liverpool on ITV, (league match). Arsenal won 1 - 0, Paul Merson scored. I celebrated the goal and became an Arsenal fan.
Being at School at the time, people supported Liverpool. I liked the way how Arsenal spoiled the party.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Huge fan of the club since early 2000s. Thanks to the cable TV, Fifa, and later the internet of course.

I'm mostly negative this past years as I can't really stand rival fana gloating, memeing, etc. They watch Arsenal podcasts, AFTV... It's a phenomenon really.

But I also think as a brand, Arsenal is too big to fail.so I'm not really too worried in the long run.

Even this negative marketing is still marketing that still keeps us relevant during this awful slump which will make the inevitable rise that much better.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A-M is my only connection to Arsenal right now.

I used to love football more than Arsenal. Henry brought me to AFC, then Wengerball absolutely transfixed me. I used to wake up at 2:30am to watch the majestic Wenger players like RvP, Nasri, Özil bless the football pitch. Just writing this makes me so sad!

Last two seasons I may have watched a total of 10 matches with interest. I don't care anymore if we lose, as long as I get to see a few good goals.

Maybe you can call me a jilted lover/ex-boyfriend. I come here to see the tears.

dbig

I'm only here for Arteta ball. Once he's gone, I think I'll give up on football. Don't think it'll be able to cure my insomnia anymore.

On a serious note, the rise of Arsenal under Wenger coincided with the availability of satellite TV where I live. Once you've had Wenger ball, nothing else compares. Miss those late 90s early 00s teams.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
How I become a fan?

It was in 1986, my late uncle gave me an Arsenal Jersey. I don't even aware where was Arsenal on the league during that time.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
My first Arsenal game was actually our last game at Highbury. It's been all downhill since, knew I shouldn't have waited till 11 to develop an interest in football.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I used to love football more than Arsenal. Henry brought me to AFC, then Wengerball absolutely transfixed me. I used to wake up at 2:30am to watch the majestic Wenger players like RvP, Nasri, Özil bless the football pitch. Just writing this makes me so sad!

Similarly, I was a big fan of Denis Bergkamp and it is through following him during France '98 that I became connected to Arsenal.

After starting to follow Arsenal I realized that Wengerball 🤩 was absolutely magic, it was so enjoyable. The matchday thrill and the excitement that you're going to watch Arsenal was always a great experience.

Weekends were so nice when we used to absolutely smash opponents in the first 20 minutes of match and finish the game off. It was truly a spectacle of brilliant passing, attacking flair and excellent performances all around.

So many great memories, we used to be classy all around the club.

Sadly, we are now a soulless entity full of lying sleazebags and snake-oil salesmen circling around.

Top Bottom