• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

How many posters here are actual Arsenal fans?

How large is the proportion true Arsenal fans?

• +90%

• +70%

• +50%

• I am Manberg and don't tick this way!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Was a big Overmars fan when I was a little kid, ever since I watched my first World Cup ('98 in France). Was 8 at the time. Then I noticed Bergkamp too, who both played at Arsenal at the time.

If only they played at PSG at the time, would've made my life much easier.
I know that he was only at the club for a short time compared to some of our other greats, but Overmars was absolutely electric. I was so bummed out when we sold him and Petit (who was one of my other favourite players). That 1997/98 team was incredible.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I guess everyone who doesn't follow in like there dad's footsteps when supporting a team, will always initially support an individual over a club to some degree, as it's the players that draw you to a team in that instance.

For me it was Henry...fell in love with the club not long after though, we were an absolute joy to support back then.

Bloodbather

Established Member

The Invincibles is what made me fall in love with the game as a kid. I was 7 years old then. I rocked a Thierry Henry shirt everywhere I went for a couple of years after that. The attachment is too strong not to be an Arsenal fan even though it's mostly been an annoying affair in the last decade. My taste in football still reflects the profile of the Invincibles, that combination of athleticism, smart movement and flair.

I guess everyone who doesn't follow in like there dad's footsteps when supporting a team, will always initially support an individual over a club to some degree, as it's the players that draw you to a team in that instance.
My local fandom in Turkey followed a different pattern. I did follow my dad's footsteps during my childhood and adolescence and supported Galatasaray, but I started supporting Gençlerbirliği, a local club in the city I moved to for university, at around 18. I thought they were a likable team for non-footballing reasons, and I really wanted to support a local club so that I could actually go to matches. So that's a different rationale for supporting a team for you.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Similarly, I was a big fan of Denis Bergkamp and it is through following him during France '98 that I became connected to Arsenal.

After starting to follow Arsenal I realized that Wengerball 🤩 was absolutely magic, it was so enjoyable. The matchday thrill and the excitement that you're going to watch Arsenal was always a great experience.

Weekends were so nice when we used to absolutely smash opponents in the first 20 minutes of match and finish the game off. It was truly a spectacle of brilliant passing, attacking flair and excellent performances all around.

So many great memories, we used to be classy all around the club.

Sadly, we are now a soulless entity full of lying sleazebags and snake-oil salesmen circling around.
So true!

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

For me it was Henry...fell in love with the club not long after though, we were an absolute joy to support back then.
Had you down as a Paddy Vieira man to be honest. Can't knock a guy for choosing Henry though!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Had you down as a Paddy Vieira man to be honest. Can't knock a guy for choosing Henry though!

When Juventus bought Vieira in 2005, in anger/protest, I marched towards my computer and deleted my Juventus Championship Manager save I had at the time and vowed revenge against them.

Then 1 year later, they were relegated in disgrace...so basically, don't get on the wrong side of Riou!

Latest posts

Top Bottom