• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"How vital is Thierry Henry to the Gunners's cause?&quo

gun4glory

Skysports.com's Fanzone asked Arsenal fans this question: "How vital is Thierry Henry to the Gunners's cause?"

People alwys call Arsenal a one-man team, or we're nothing with out henry etc... and it really pisses me off!! For that reason i wrote back this time and this is what i wrote:

"Again people consider Arsenal a one-man team! How can people still think that we are nothing without the magical Henry! Our recent preformances have been sublime, not because of Henry, but because of the team play brilliantly! Yes Henry does wonders to the side, but he would do that to ANY other team in the world (Yes, even Barca with Ronnie, Eto'o and Messi...).
Without the team, Henry is nothing. We saw that earlier in the season, when the team wasn't playing together Henry looked terrible (as did everyone else), but no the team is playing together and Henry looks fantastic, Fabregas looks fantasic, Eboue looks fantastic, Hleb looks fantastic -- the list goes on and on!
Ofcourse Henry is vital to Arsenal, as he would be to any other team, plus all teams are built around their star player, but by no means does Arsenal depend on Henry to play their game, but a player of his absolute quality and class manages to stand out even from such a 'perfect' team preformance."

What are your thoughts on the issue? Be honest!

Peace...

Saville

We are not the only 'one man team' Chelsea- lampard....Liverpool-Gerrard and Man united-Rooney! it's all bollox, we have Cesc, Eboue, Toure, Cole and Van Persie who next season will definatly make a bigger name for them selves if they havnt already now! there to be world class players!

TheEconomist

Established Member
I think its funny that the people who were calling us a one man team last year, were saying that this year we didnt replace our best player, Viera. They are idiots who dont know what they are talking about.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Of course TH is a vital part of the machinery at Arsenal however, I don't think the engine would stop if he wasn't part of that engine. We (to a certain extent) gear the team around this mans special ability but he is not Arsenal. Yes we rely on his goals and skills but there are other stars in this young team who will shine in their own right one day. :wink:

patrick42uk

Established Member
of course we are not a one man team. but henry is the single most important player at this club and sometimes the two gets mixed up.

Biggus

Established Member
Thats right Patrick-I wish people would read the thread title properly. How vital is Thierry Henry to Arsenal? well we rely on him more than say Barca do on Ronaldinho but less than Liverpool do on Gerrard.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
we are not a 1 man team... no team is a 1 man team... there are 10 other players on the pitch that have to provide SOME kind of playing in order to TH to be able to do what he does.. he hasnt been tracking back, tackling and dribbling by en entire team to score.. our defence wins the ball, gives it to Fab, Reyes or Bobby, and we attack from there.. TH is certainly our most dangerous player, but by no means is he the ONLY one performing

kel varnsen

Established Member
we're not a one man team, but thierry is by far the most important player. without him, i doubt we'd be able to beat neither real madrid nor juventus...

sabret00the

Established Member
maybe i'm a romantic old fool but i don't beleive in this henry being a talisman for our club thing, i think he quite hinders the club, i mean if i'm honest, the way he addressed the goals of the game on Saturday.

henry is no where near as exciting as Wright was, or as van Persie is, i don't know why, but he's not, it's a nice name to have and the fact he's undisputebly 'world class' helps in the marquee stakes but if we're honest, the honours that have evaded him, have evaded him for a reason.

the team until this year and the mass emergence of yongsters was full of chockers; ljungberg, pires, paddy, gilberto, lauren, campbell and bergkamp. all of those players had trouble when the going got tough and if a better team has been built at the right times then questions like this wouldn't even come up.

at the moment, Fabregas is far more important imo, he enables us to attract youngsters almost ready to make huge impacts because they beleive that if they're good enough they'll play.

Henry is a big name for this club, but if we replaced him properly (i.e. not a hopeful, but someone we know cna get atleast 20 goals a season) Henry would quickly full into the legend category as opposed to the dreadfully missed category, in the same way paddy fell straight into the legend category when he left.

give me a team featuring reyes, hleb, eboue, cole, fabregas, van Persie, senderos and toure, and trust me, you'd be suprised at how well we do.

at this club we like to hold onto players based on what they could give, put them players in a team together and they'll give you results.

KingReyes

Established Member
The problem is that Henry is on another planet and everything goes through him when we are playing. Therefore when he's not playing there is that uncertainty from the players as to what to do when we need to score.

Teams need to adjust when a top player is missing and its hard at first. The same goes for Ronaldinho at Barca, Gerrard at Liverpool.

sabret00the

Established Member
KingReyes said:
The problem is that Henry is on another planet and everything goes through him when we are playing. Therefore when he's not playing there is that uncertainty from the players as to what to do when we need to score.

Teams need to adjust when a top player is missing and its hard at first. The same goes for Ronaldinho at Barca, Gerrard at Liverpool.
Barca are even missing Messi. however with Henry the problem is that he beleives he's on another planet and beleives that his opinion truly matters, this wasn't helped with him getting the armband, the team attempt to play through him too much and pander to his vision of football. however his vision is very close to Wenger's which i beleive suits Wenger. i've seen glimpses of this team playing magically without Henry and i beleive we can improve however, i don't nessessarily feel it suits all of our players to play to Henry's game, as i differentiate between his game and an personally-expressive, but team orientated game.

Legend#1

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Legend#1 said:
What a moronic post.. yet again.
if that's how you feel, feel free to pick it apart and i will come back and justify every point i made.

I've argued this so many times, i'll let someone else do it.

Opinions are like arseholes.. etc.

sabret00the

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
sabret00the said:
Legend#1 said:
What a moronic post.. yet again.
if that's how you feel, feel free to pick it apart and i will come back and justify every point i made.

I've argued this so many times, i'll let someone else do it.

Opinions are like arseholes.. etc.
However i can go ont to make my point a million times over due to the fact that i honestly beleive if, if it's such an effort to defend Henry then you obviously don't beleive what you're saying, to beleive that the team can't be better without Henry is ludicrous, but as i said, i went through my major loss with Wright, i don't know you, how old you are or nothing, so i won't jump to the assumption that you also had to go through that and thus are educated due to it.

Dougan17

SaViLlE_06 said:
We are not the only 'one man team' Chelsea- lampard....Liverpool-Gerrard and Man united-Rooney! it's all bollox, we have Cesc, Eboue, Toure, Cole and Van Persie who next season will definatly make a bigger name for them selves if they havnt already now! there to be world class players!

lampard isn't the most important player for Chelsea, makelele is. If you pair Lampard with anyone but the best holding mf in the game and Lampard is junk. He'd have to defend, he'd get stuck further back, and he'd score 1/3 of the goals he has this season. Without makelele, that whole team falls apart. Liverpool's main man isn't Gerrard, it's their entire defense. United's main man has been a number of people, rooney not really one of them :p he's not been productive enough, RVN has been the main goal production all season and has come through in the clutch.

As far as Arsenal go, we're not a one-man team but Henry is an essential piece to the Arsenal puzzle. It wouldn't function without him just as it wouldn't function without Lehmann, Toure, Gilberto, Flamini this season, Fabregas, Reyes or Adebayor over the last couple games.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Henry is vital at the moment. He has a big influence on the way we play. I would be gutted if he left, but I wouldn't be worried about it affecting the Gunners cause.

I have a lot of faith in our current squad. They're good enough to play with another worldclass striker and be a worldclass team. Maybe a different type of striker would even be beneficial.

Liberace

to be honest we would be a uefa cup team without Henry. It's scary thinking about the day when he leaves or retires. Hopefully players like RVP and Walcott will make the step up and make that transition a bit easier.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
withouth Henry in the lineup, we struggled for goals.. some of that has to do with a young and inexperienced team, some had to do with lack of confidence, but some of it has to do with TH not playing... we looked lost for ideas... if we didnt have TH, we would struggle for a while, and then eventually find away to win with the players we have.. it would be trial and error until we found the playing style that would suit us.. the style we play now suits a team with Henry in it..

Top Bottom