• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

How YOU can help Arsenal-Mania

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 62
  • Views 3,742

Ridge

yeah baby no problem for me. so what do i do? just click that thing and it'll pop another arsenal-mania web? then what do i do? close it? and click it again? :?:

A

Anonymous

Click it, wait for the page to finish loading.

If possible, just click one or two links on the page and wait for those to stop loading as well.

EJub

Do we really want to be number 1 on google?

We will attract a lot of idiots.
A little seclusion is good.

A

Anonymous

Well, not number 1, because the official site is number 1.

Top 3 will do us fine. ;)

The Mini

We cant get any higher than 2, and even beating ArseWeb is hard. But know we're 8th and behind some places I've never heard of

Guns and Arses

I didn't know about that. Call me stupid. I thought that posting in the forum is the only way to get a higher ranking, :| :cry:

The Mini

I didn't know the more hits you get the higher you are in the page of the relavent search, I thought it was most obvious thing first

The Mini

That was quick, well at least Ash can say he was beating the official site for a while (I cant see it staying that way)

A

Anonymous

The official site has registered 2 domains:

www.arsenal.com
www.arsenal.co.uk

The domain arsenal.co.uk is top of the Google rankings, whereas it is the .com one that is behind us. It doesn't matter - they're still top. ;)

arseblogger

Clicking on the top image will do nothing to improve your page ranking. It's how many other sites link to you that makes a difference.

The more sites with a high google ranking that link to you, the higher you'll be.

A

Anonymous

arseblogger said:
Clicking on the top image will do nothing to improve your page ranking. It's how many other sites link to you that makes a difference.

The more sites with a high google ranking that link to you, the higher you'll be.
Page hits and relevant content is also a contributing factor, not just who links to you.

The more hits you get, the higher your rank will be, amongst other things.

arseblogger

So why try and meddle with the figures? Why not just let what happens happen and not try and falsify your position?

Surely it's a much better feeling to know your site has a high ranking because it deserves it, not because you've added thousands of false visits. :?:

A

Anonymous

arseblogger said:
So why try and meddle with the figures? Why not just let what happens happen and not try and falsify your position?

Surely it's a much better feeling to know your site has a high ranking because it deserves it, not because you've added thousands of false visits. :?:
To be fair, we've been ranked 7 on Google long before I posted this topic.

It's the same as encouraging people to click on banner ads - do you want to tell those sites encouraging advertisers that they are falsifying their advertising hits to their customers?

If a user clicks on the link, I get a hit, and that user may read an article on the main site, and come back for more.

How does Arsenal-Mania lose in the above situation?

A

Anonymous

arseblogger said:
It is not falsifying anything.

I'm encouraging users to click on the link to the main site. At the end of the day, they have a choice whether to do so or not.

Falsifying the position would be to have a pop-up window open to the main site each time the page loads, or even 2 or 3 pop-up windows. That's falsifying - I'm giving my users a choice whether to visit the main site or not.

If they do, they help this site's page ranking. If they don't, oh well..

No different than someone saying, "Site ABC is a great site. Click here to visit it."

It's not falsifying. It's advertising.

The Mini

That pop-up idea might work... get people to agree with the annoying idea and you can start :twisted:

arseblogger

It's unlikely anyone who uses the forum isn't aware of the main site.

You're telling people to click the top banner so Arsenal-Mania can increase its page rank. That's not advertising. That's manipulating.

At the end of the day it makes no odds to me what you do, but I don't think it's kosher.

A

Anonymous

arseblogger said:
It's unlikely anyone who uses the forum isn't aware of the main site.
You'd be surprised.

arseblogger said:
At the end of the day it makes no odds to me what you do, but I don't think it's kosher.
Judging from your posts here, who would have thought that, eh?

Top Bottom