• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hoyte's loan deal

weelip

Will be beneficial to him. Hope he made a good impression like Ash did in he National wide prior promotion to the first team

Mark

Established Member
First team football will be good for him but I'd really rather he went to a Premiership club so he could be used to play against Chelski, Mancs etc.

calvinngai88

If he's used against Premiership clubs, after his loan, when he's back to Arsenal, the other clubs' strikers will know how to get past him, which is a disadvantage.

kutz

calvinngai88 said:
If he's used against Premiership clubs, after his loan, when he's back to Arsenal, the other clubs' strikers will know how to get past him, which is a disadvantage.

I doubt it. Generally its strikers that have their tricks worked out by the defenders after a while, not the other way around. Sure, they may pick up a couple of weaknesses, but surely this also is to the players long term benefit. And the class gulf between the leagues is pretty big, so Id personally prefer to see him in the PL.

Mark

Established Member
calvinngai88 said:

Well if this is the case, at least we will know he isn't good enough at this level and we can sell him. Instead of him excelling in Division 1 or Coca Cola Championship or whatever and then moving back to find out the Prem is a lot more challenging, let's let him get used to Prem football. He would benefit a lot more from it, I think.

himanshu

no premiership club might want him...they might not think hes old enough or experienced enough or good enought to play in the PL...

i think this will be a good move...

if he can have a good sesaon in the 1st division then we can think about introducing him into the first team or giving him on loan to someother club in the PL

times on his side......

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we get Trabelsi or Fathy, which seems very likely at the moment, then Hoyte would be 3rd choice right back after Lauren and one of Trabelsi and Fathy.

Then at centre back we already have Senderos who looks set to be 1st choice backup. Which means the very best Hoyte can do this season is fight Cygan for the 2nd choice backup spot - which probarly means he wont really get alot of first team action unless we have a major injury crisis.

He'll definately benifet from the loan spell but i felt he could do better than ipswitch. Maybe could have made it at a team like Palace or Norwich.

Good luck to him.

calvinngai88

Sometimes, playing at a low-key club would benefit the player, just like Pennant who definitely matured during the relegation fights in Leeds, giving him the strong determination to do well.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom