• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hypothetical of the Week: If you could change the result of one game, which would would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nothing will ever be worse than that 2006 final.
Uefa cup in 2000 was sickening too, keown's miss! :frustrated:
Who knows if we'd won the 99 semi would we have won the double again?

For me it would’ve been the 2004 CL QF at Highbury against Chelsea. That was the invincibles at their peak and European rivals were floundering. I believe Porto won it that year.

What hurt most is we’d been Chelsea’s bogey team for so long but we bottled it when it mattered most. Wayne Bridge ffs.

By 2006 v Barca the team was already in need of rebuilding and reached the final against all odds.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Game I would love to change the result of is S08E06. Wish anyone but Bran had won.

Having said that, even now I still have sporadic visions of TH14 clean through on goal in the CL final. They mostly come at night. Mostly.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Fa Cup semi final against united when Giggs scored the wonder goal.

Jesus. This ****ing goal. It was simply Giggs vs tired legs. We had 2/3 key opportunities to take him out and we just let him ****ing run. This goal is so overrated, as was Giggs as a player.

I've made it abundantly clear on here but I'll say it again, I ****ing hate Yanited and everything they stand for. A lot of their history is shrouded in controversy but it's just universally accepted. **** them.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
For me it would’ve been the 2004 CL QF at Highbury against Chelsea. That was the invincibles at their peak and European rivals were floundering. I believe Porto won it that year.

What hurt most is we’d been Chelsea’s bogey team for so long but we bottled it when it mattered most. Wayne Bridge ffs.

By 2006 v Barca the team was already in need of rebuilding and reached the final against all odds.
Yeah to be fair that Chelsea was a horrible result as well. Was really a given that we'd beat them back then and after Pires had equalised in the first leg you just assumed we were through. All over them the first half in the 2nd leg as well.

I'd still go the Barca final because how long we were holding onto that lead and it was so torturous to watch the closer we got. Horrible.

mpower2540

The United game that ended our unbeaten run. Don’t usually call out performances from referees but Riley was shocking. They just kicked us, particularly Reyes, off the pitch. Seemed to really effect us for the rest of the season too.

Genuinely up there with one of my most heartbreaking/infuriating memories of watching football

Let's play Aubamawang

It's a tough call really. The CL final obviously hurt the most as we were so good throughout the competition and came so close only to lose Lehmann after 10 minutes...

That United game ending the Invincible streak was annoying too. How Mike Riley was ever allowed to ref another United or Arsenal game again is beyond me tbh. Both of those games came when our team was at its best.

But if I had to really pick just one, I'd say the game where Eduardo got injured. We were dominating the league that year and everything changed after that one game. We were finally on the verge of making a league winning comeback that year.

TinFish

This is easy...anyone who answers otherwise is just trying to act all hipster.

It's the 06 final. Change that, and Arsenal would probably be a different club today.

DavidHillier

Back to A-M 😞
Yeah, the 06 final.

2nd would be the 99 cup semi final (only because of the way it's lauded up as the greatest FA cup game ever. It isn't)

3rd would be Sp**s in the 91 cup semi final

Xanth

2006 final simply because of how awfully close we were. Even if we beat Chelsea in the 2004 QF, there's still a chance of Porto ****housing us.

Birmingham in 2008 is another one, no explanation required. So annoying how we came close to glory in 99 and 08 and those seasons are regarded as among United's best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom