• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hypothetical of the Week: If you could change the result of one game, which would would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
So essentially, what loss or draw in footballing history do you most wish went the other way? CL Final loss is obvious, but I'm interested to here about more obscure ones.

Expecting mostly Arsenal-related answers here, but ones for other clubs or countries are welcome as well.

Aevi

Hale End FC
There are a couple ones that come to mind for me besides the CL Final. The Utd game that broke our unbeaten streak is a big one, or maybe the EL Final (though that did help move us from Emery to Arteta so then again, maybe I wouldn't change it).

On the international stage, I wish Belgium had beaten France to get into the WC Finals in 2018. And Ghana over Uruguay in 2010.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Birmingham vs Arsenal, league cup final.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Birmingham 2008 is another one.

That Eduardo injury really killed our title hopes and showed the deficiencies in our team with Gallas crying on the pitch and Adebayor not passing to Bendtner.

Vanfrothan

Winning a Champions League would be nice but definitely the 50th game of our unbeaten run at old trafford.

Absolute travesty for the run to end that way. Unreal decisions in that game.

Take your pick, the penalty from the most obvious dive in Premier League history, Ferdinand red, nistlerooy red, the Neville's brutal tackles on Reyes.

Biggest stitch up ever!

I'm over it though, obviously. :facepalm:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Arsenal vs Chelsea, CL QF 2nd leg. Win that, and possibly get past Monaco before beating Porto in the final. If that happened, it could've opened up so many possibilities:

- Do Chelsea still go for Mourinho? If not, would their new manager make them Champions?

- Does Mourinho end up at Liverpool?

- Winning the League and CL double might've made Wenger less keen to break up that team over the next two seasons, so would Fabregas have got as many opportunities?

- With the Mourinho-less Chelsea not being the force they are, what happens to Ashley Cole?

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Champions League quarter-final result 2003/04 season. Arsenal 1 Chelsea 2.

If we hadn't got knocked out I believe we would have gone onto win it. Chelsea went on to play Monaco in the semi (which they lost) and the final would have been against Mourinho's Porto. We could have ruined Mourinho's career before it had really taken off.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Didn’t we beat Chelsea the week before in the FA Cup? I remember Thierry Henry used to always ruin John Terry but that quarter final was a strange one.

Vanfrothan

The Birmingham one a couple of years after that as well, at their spot.

We looked good for the title that year as well.

Can't remember the year but Nasri finally broken through at around 80mins only for us to give it away in stoppage time - AGAIN! Not as painfully as the Eduardo one but not far off.

Birmingham have really screwed us over the years!

Was so happy when they went down in the same year as beating us in the league cup final. Football makes me such a bitter b*****d! :lol:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Nothing will ever be worse than that 2006 final.
Uefa cup in 2000 was sickening too, keown's miss! :frustrated:
Who knows if we'd won the 99 semi would we have won the double again?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We should have won the Champions League in 2006, so that result matters most to me. Wenger should have won a Champions League while he was still our manager, that is one regret I have which wrongfully disqualifies him as one of the greatest managers ever.

I I could rewrite time however it wouldnt be the Barca final match however, it would be the Wayne Bridge goal vs Chelsea. I think winning the CL in 2003-04 was far more fitting and we would have gone on to win it I say.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Winning a Champions League would be nice but definitely the 50th game of our unbeaten run at old trafford.

Absolute travesty for the run to end that way. Unreal decisions in that game.

Take your pick, the penalty from the most obvious dive in Premier League history, Ferdinand red, nistlerooy red, the Neville's brutal tackles on Reyes.

Biggest stitch up ever!

I'm over it though, obviously. :facepalm:

I met Mike Riley at a sports law event a year or two back - he freely admitted he had a complete And utter mare that day, for what it’s worth. Which ain’t much, the ****.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

lol we probably should have disallowed the CL from this question as its too unanimous.

That match when Eduardo broke his leg and we were top of the table which has been mentioned a couple times, I wish that whole match was different.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Old Trafford 2004, retain our first league title if we didn't get screwed then imo, most wronged I have felt after a match.

Champions League final in 2006 is the obvious one though.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I met Mike Riley at a sports law event a year or two back - he freely admitted he had a complete And utter mare that day, for what it’s worth. Which ain’t much, the ****.

I had a lecturer at university once, who would rant up and down about how the exam papers were too hard and the faculty was really unfair towards the students.

His course had the highest failure rate. Guess who used to set the exam paper?

Riley knew what he was doing during the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom