• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hypothetical Of The Week: If you could upgrade one of our players, how would you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The only madness he's mastered is having a hold over all his managers.
I look at the Xhaka mystery of being a managers pet like planet earth being the ‘Goldilocks planet’; the conditions are perfectly and freakishly balanced in order to maintain his existence in the side. Is this happening at another club in the entire universe? Probably not.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I look at the Xhaka mystery of being a managers pet like planet earth being the ‘Goldilocks planet’; the conditions are perfectly and freakishly balanced in order to maintain his existence in the side. Is this happening at another club in the entire universe? Probably not.
Lovely stuff.

gooner36

Better finishing for Pépé or dribbling for Aubameyang (à la Henry). A season or so ago it’d have been more aggression/physicality/attitude for Özil

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Resisting the temptation to highlight players with the more obvious flaws here... But Laca with blistering pace probably gives us more than if you added something to anyone else.

Could say giving Xhaka pace would transform his game but in reality it’d be like giving Jimmy Savile the power of invisibility.

:lol::lol::lol:

FFS lad

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Mustafi + composure = World Class Cb

Lacazette + pace = Top class/World class CF

Auba + dribbling = Almost prime CR7

Bellerin + crossing = Rich man's TAA

Ceballos + athleticism = best box to box CM I can think of

The Mustafi one would be very tempting, if not that then I'd go with Bellerin or Ceballos.

Agree with all of these, although I think Auba would need more than just dribbling/skills to be a near prime CR7. He'd need a much stronger long shot, freekick, weak foot and header as well.

Its amazing to think Auba is behind CR7 in so many areas and is still a world class goalscorer in his own right, really makes you appreciate both what we have and how good Ronaldo really is.

dino bravo

Excellent thread!

I'd have to say, either Laca with pace or Mustafi with a brain.

Laca is a very intelligent player, it's a shame he is as mobile as Jan Molby in lead boots.

Mustafi is such an athlete, strong and brave, has all the tools, just brain dead. I'd probably updrade Mustafi's brain.

GoonerBoy19

AMN+concentration = top CM
Xhaka + athleticism = World class
Laca lacks both pace and energy, with one counter attack against west ham he ran 30-40m and kicked the ball in stands as he was panting. Last season Martinelli scored a goal against Chelsea in similar position.

Let's play Aubamawang

Holding + ability to pass the ball, basic positioning

Leno + catching the ball from shots and crosses and holding on to it, or just sell him rather than Emi but hey ho

Mustafi + concentration

Kola + positioning, awareness

Torreira + pace, few inches taller

Guendouzi + good attitude, tactical awareness, less ****

Bellerin - musketeer moustache, looks too much like those Guy Fawkes masks from V for Vendetta

Xhaka + one touch football

Tierney + put his brain in a shiny new cyborg body, impervious to injury

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Lacca - if lacca had PEA pace he would me the nost complete CF we have seen in years.

Bellerin to have Andre santos positional awareness. Santos had dreaful positional awareness but it would be massive improvement for Bellerin.

Bellerin - Özil work rate and consistency. Again Özil not know for either and Bellerin has a tendency to "hide" and be a passenger for long periods of matches than even Özil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom