• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hypothetical Of The Week: What if we hadn't left Highbury?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Show me accurate figures comparing our squad cost over the last 8 years (from 2012 to 2020) with Liverpool’s and Sp**s, and if they prove you to be right then I will agree with you.
Liverpool’s net spend has to be lower than ours.

What is it about fans who won’t admit that we spent so much money in the last 8 years, but we spent it poorly?
CIES figures come out every year and most years they're posted on here. Do your own research. Meanwhile you're just guessing.
Here's 2019/20 to start you off
Liverpool €639
Arsenal €498
https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2019/wp266/en/

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I know it's a "great stadium" and financially helped us out greatly, but I would do anything to have stayed at Highbury.

I just miss the history and aura that stadium had, The Emirates will never match that...really feels so fake in comparison.

I know we probably had to do it, but I still hate it, what we have given up by sacrificing it wasn't worth it for me...and I know some of the "better" posters om here like @Sapient Hawk agree with me.

I am so glad I got to watch us play there, something I will always be grateful for that...but it really should still be our home.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I know it's a "great stadium" and financially helped us out greatly, but I would do anything to have stayed at Highbury.

I just miss the history and aura that stadium had, The Emirates will never match that...really feels so fake in comparison.

I know we probably had to do it, but I still hate it, what we have given up by sacrificing it wasn't worth it for me...and I know some of the "better" posters om here like @Sapient Hawk agree with me.

I am so glad I got to watch us play there, something I will always be grateful for that...but it really should still be our home.

Our famous old ground, where legends were forever etched into the club's bedrock, now sits as a glorified edifice to one of society's greatest ills, Gentrification.

We never should've left.

I'd reiterate it 10 times a day if I could but once every week will suffice.

Lee Judges said it best when he made his first AFTV appearance back in 2016 after Swansea beat us at home & put to bed yet another title charge.

"We sold our soul moving here from Highbury."

Riou

Our famous old ground, where legends were forever etched into the club's bedrock, now sits as a glorified edifice to one of society's greatest ills, Gentrification.

We never should've left.

I'd reiterate it 10 times a day if I could but once every week will suffice.

Lee Judges said it best when he made his first AFTV appearance back in 2016 after Swansea beat us at home & put to bed yet another title charge.

"We sold our soul moving here from Highbury."

I saw a video the other day of a YouTuber touring Ibrox, and it just made me miss Highbury so much...right up there with the best stadiums in the world.

🙁

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Emirates is a party nowadays to be fair. I wouldn't let our minor bit of bad form take away from the strides the club has made in this area.

It takes a lifetime for a stadium to be what it is anyways.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Emirates is a party nowadays to be fair. I wouldn't let our minor bit of bad form take away from the strides the club has made in this area.

It takes a lifetime for a stadium to be what it is anyways.

Which is why the Emirates is just that, a stadium.

Highbury was the architectural manifestation of Arsenal. Elegant, sleek yet durable enough to stand the test of time.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Not having to buy Arteta as a panic buy after selling Cesc, avoiding his regime of misery.

He would probably get Everton relegated in this timeline.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Which is why the Emirates is just that, a stadium.

Highbury was the architectural manifestation of Arsenal. Elegant, sleek yet durable enough to stand the test of time.

My thing is, had we signed the right players or hired the right people *ahem* I think we think of the place very differently.

Anyone I know of who's gone in the past 2 years has loved it.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

My hypothetical is this:

Tets gets rightly sacked in December of 2020 & we steal a march on Chelsea by hiring superior manager & sex-dungeon enthusiast, Thommy Tuchel.

1. We improve exponentially.
2. Chelsea are denied a 2nd CL title.
3. Tets is a bad yet rapidly fading memory.

Hypothetically, I've got Brad Pitt's body from when he shot "Troy" as well but that's a mere bonus to the overall scenario.

Bucephalus

I'm sticking with we left our soul at Highbury. But if it was a mistake, it was a mistake that made sense at the time.

We couldn't compete on match day revenue with United, Abramovich had turned up and started lobbing money around, and the community repeatedly denied planning permission to expand Highbury. We were playing CL games at Wembley just to be able to have higher attendance.

In retrospect, with TV and CL money coming to dwarf bums-in-seats money, we could have stayed. But there was no way to know that at the time.

Riou

Riou looking up from hell watching his grandkids enjoy our 2nd Unbeaten title, after I had to endure the "6 years in a row behind Sp**s" Emirates era...

8bocg8.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom