• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hypothetical Of The Week: What if you could field 12 players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
What role would you give to a extra player on the field? Who would that be in our team? What formations do you think would grow out of it?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A free-role CAM. 4-2-3-2 formation

Özil/Reiss/Willian to rotate in that role.

-------- Auba ------ Laca --------
-------------- Özil --------------
--- Saka --- Ceballos --- -- Pepe
---------- Xhaka --- Mo --------
Tierney --- Gabriel -- Luiz - AMN

I don't know how many games we will play this defensive 3ATB formation.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
A free-role CAM. 4-2-3-2 formation

Özil/Reiss/Willian to rotate in that role.

-------- Auba ------ Laca --------
-------------- Özil --------------
--- Saka --- Ceballos --- -- Pepe
---------- Xhaka --- Mo --------
Tierney --- Gabriel -- Luiz - AMN

I don't know how many games we will play this defensive 3ATB formation.

You'd have 13 players there mate.

Corbulo

Leno
Bellerin - Luiz - Tierney - Saka
Gabriel
Ceballos - Guendouzi- Willian
Pepe - Aubameyang - Martinelli
Free-flowing football where the ball would roll off the table like a teardrop, where anyone can successively play in many positions. Lots of pace, movement and incisiveness. A libero would be great in this formation and we have both Luiz and Gabriel who could play there. Due to his agility and technical abilities, Özil would also be a nice addition but I would probably put him on the wing.

Moleque

I'd rather go the other way - to 10 men or even 9. With the increased speed & physicality of the players, the pitch seems too crowded. Fewer players would make it more interesting

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

A literal free role.

A guy who just runs all over the pitch, helping out where he wants to.

Impossible to mark and always able to make a challenge as an extra man. You could have a really structured 4-4-2 and have a guy literally out there to run about.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A literal free role.

A guy who just runs all over the pitch, helping out where he wants to.

Impossible to mark and always able to make a challenge as an extra man. You could have a really structured 4-4-2 and have a guy literally out there to run about.
Ramsey?

Fallout

4-4-3

Initial assumption is middle of the pitch would be too crowded. Make extra use of the wide spaces with a wide mid and a wide forward on each side. Big brute up top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom