• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hypothetical: What is a rule you'd add or modify in the game?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Don't like increasing the number of subs. 3 is good. 5 is like changing the whole forward line at one go.

A good rule would be to have a dedicated number of home-grown players in a team at any time, to ensure that the money is put back into the community.
It gives more oppurtunity to more players though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Again, for me one of the worst things is a guy who is pretending to be injured in the 89th minute just to slow the game down. Why should a game stop for two minutes for this?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I always thought there should be an emergency sub rule. Say for example if a team has used their three substitutes and gets an injury, they should be allowed to bring another player on- rather than have to struggle with 10 men.

Of course, teams will naturally look to abuse this rule sadly. But I’ve always thought it was unfair that an injury could potentially cost a team.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
1. No away goal rule;
2. No international breaks, just finish the season earlier and play all the international games afterwards. Sucks for the managers because you basically don't work with the team for the whole year, but who cares about the international footy anyway;
3. More players on the bench are allowed - pre-covid you could only have 7 players on the bench (now it's 9 players I think?), and I would keep at least 9 even after covid

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I’m excited for the next question.

Makavelii

This is impractical and would cost too much worldwide - but - Widen the goalposts by a little bit.
It would incentivise offensive play and discourage parking the bus.
Plus less 0 - 0 bore draws.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This one is so obvious I don’t understand why it’s not a rule yet. Just stop the clock when play is stopped. Make sure there’s 90 minutes of real play. Would instantly be the end of time-wasting as well.

I remember hearing that if they did that, the players would be playing for approx 25mins more per game!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Not add or modify but actually remove.

I’d end all international competitions apart from the World Cup. Club football is where the best quality, entertainment and money is ultimately.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not add or modify but actually remove.

I’d end all international competitions apart from the World Cup. Club football is where the best quality, entertainment and money is ultimately.

I’d change the World Cup qualification above all. We’re going to have a World Cup with no Salah, Haaland, Mahrez, Luis Diaz, Alaba, Kulusevski or Barella but we will probably have Australia, Ecuador and Costa Rica. European and African qualifiers have way more good teams than places.

Treat the Euros, Copa America and AFCON like feeder tournaments where quarter final teams make it to the WC.

There’s 55 UEFA teams so you could do a bracket competition with byes involving all teams so that way there’s no Euros qualification.

Then for World Cup qualification it shouldn’t be based regionally. Countries from Europe should be able to face African, South American etc.

That way the best 32 teams should rise to the top so the tournament games are of a much higher level.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I would change the offsides rule if any legal goal scoring part of your body is onside you are on no more measuring the guy’s erection on slow mo to see if he is offsides or not. If you got a foot, head, chest, shoulder, knee or whatever in legal position you are on sides

Aevi

Hale End FC
I’d change the World Cup qualification above all. We’re going to have a World Cup with no Salah, Haaland, Mahrez, Luis Diaz, Alaba, Kulusevski or Barella but we will probably have Australia, Ecuador and Costa Rica. European and African qualifiers have way more good teams than places.

Treat the Euros, Copa America and AFCON like feeder tournaments where quarter final teams make it to the WC.

There’s 55 UEFA teams so you could do a bracket competition with byes involving all teams so that way there’s no Euros qualification.

Then for World Cup qualification it shouldn’t be based regionally. Countries from Europe should be able to face African, South American etc.

That way the best 32 teams should rise to the top so the tournament games are of a much higher level.
It sounds to me as though you want the World Cup to be something it wasn't intended to be. I feel as though the spirit of the tournament is to have representation of some of the best countries across different continents with winners decided by the merit of qualification. The varying strength of different continents is then already taken into account with the differing number of spots. If we then try and adjust qualification for the sake of letting more stars in, we risk losing representation of corners of the world that clearly have fewer means to compete. Asian, Oceanic, and North American teams would just be dwarfed.

The expansion to 48 teams should allow for more superstars while preserving the "World" aspect at least.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I would change the offsides rule if any legal goal scoring part of your body is onside you are on no more measuring the guy’s erection on slow mo to see if he is offsides or not. If you got a foot, head, chest, shoulder, knee or whatever in legal position you are on sides
Wouldn't change anything, we'll just be measuring the millimeters on the backs of players' ankles instead of the front of their toes. All it does is move where the slow-mo-erection-measuring is.

Top Bottom