• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hypothetical Of The Week: What player from another sport would you sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Old thread was dead so just binning it now.

So, what player from another sport do you think would make a good football player? Past or present athletes included.

Jason Jace

Usain bolt

Technically he was also footballer
But I would have loved to see the young Usain bolt Bearing down on premier defenders at full speed

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Steve Nash

In a basketball world that is full of brainless drogba, Steve Nash is the only player that plays like iniesta in basketball. Respect!

Last edited:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Magnus Carlsen. The team need more brains, besides he is good at Fantasy football too, so could fill in for Mikel as needed.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Chris Paul is better than Nash ever was.
Nash is more creative, has more flair, and has better combination teamwork passing play.

There is a lot more entertainment in his play.

Nash is like Iniesta at Barcelona, and he is the only skillful player in the world. All other players in the world are like Anichebe/Akinfenwa.

There is a wrong idea in the US, that if all the best athletes from NBA went to play football, the US football team will play a lot better.

If this is true then Messi/Iniesta/Pirlo/Ronaldinho......won’t be one of the best in football. Because football is played more with skills, not physicality or athleticism. Try asking Anichebe/Akinfenwa to do what ronaldinho does on the ball, and you will understand what I mean. The US view on sports is just wrong. If physicality is the main factor in sports, then why is China dominating in a lot of Olympic sports? Sports requires talent, skills and techniques too.

And also, football is played more with the brain. It’s a lot more detailed in tactics, which required precision in the understanding of space, possession and positioning. In football, it helps a lot if you are an intelligent player. In basketball, you just have to be big, fast and tall, it’s alright if you are not that smart.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I knew the basketball gimps would congregate on this one... Even debating how one basketball player would be better than the other basketball player… at football :lol:

I’d have Francis N’gannou from the UFC because you couldn’t not be genuinely petrified of him if you had to compete against him in any sport. He’s a Gooner as well :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom