• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

I am P!ssed Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

vin de guerre

We can all sensibly and political correctly discuss whether Ramadan will affect our Muslim player(s) but ask a question about connections between Arsenal and Israel is a no no!
So what if some plonker thinks he is so clever that he has connect the spuds t the question it does not mean others cant participate or answer my question.

Soler

Established Member
I'll make this clear:

A thread about connections between Arsenal and an academy in Israel is perfectly fine as it pertains to the Arsenal Football Club and football, which is what this forum is about.

This DOES NOT mean any political discussions about the current state of Israel, this DOES NOT mean any discussions on whether or not we can and can't call Tottenham fans "yids" and this DOES NOT mean any other political or religious discussions should be held. This is a football forum, keep it that way.

First post in regards to the above sees the topic removed. Some of you seriously need to get the **** over this racism thing quick smart.

vin de guerre

Thanks you both for the clarification. I am not sure anyb ody knows what the footballing connections are.

Well said

Re the original question...dont see israel as any different to any other country

if they have the class....you can bet your arse we are looking

not aware of any formal link ups

I dont care what background,colour,creed or any other defining factor a player has. As long as he is good enough and wants to be with us,come join the best,and help us stay the best.

vin de guerre

At present there are a number of Israelis plying their trade in Europe:

Three in La Liga at Racing Sentendair and Salamanca
Berkovic at Portsmouth, a couple of youth players at Ajax and a couple in Turkey.
There is only one decent club in Israel and That is Macabee Haifa although Macabee Tel Aviv are in the CPL (Tonite away to ajax).
The league is going to be a one horse race this season.

arsenal4life

vin de guerre said:
We can all sensibly and political correctly discuss whether Ramadan will affect our Muslim player(s) but ask a question about connections between Arsenal and Israel is a no no!
So what if some plonker thinks he is so clever that he has connect the spuds t the question it does not mean others cant participate or answer my question.

sorry mate

but why you are mixing cards

someone said a racist statement or somethign like that

what does this relate to totally another topic which we discuss behavior of a player

i don't see what is the point in this topic really

but please do not mix the cards like that

Sammer

Established Member
vin de guerre said:

I completely agree with you, vindeguerre.

The topic you mentioned went out of hand in no time, and it seems some people are just waiting to jump on that particular bandwagon.

Still, there is no answer to your question...maybe this topic can keep it simply to talking football.

arsenal4life

Sammer said:
I completely agree with you, vindeguerre.

The topic you mentioned went out of hand in no time, and it seems some people are just waiting to jump on that particular bandwagon.

Still, there is no answer to your question...maybe this topic can keep it simply to talking football.

so would you clarify please what is this bandwagon
instead of talking free like this

Sammer

Established Member
I am talking about the "stormtrooper"-comment, that was removed by the mods....and it was one of the first replies to vindeguerre´s topic. Need I say more ?

Chips&CurrySauce

To be honest with you, if you talk about Israel, even in a football context, it is almost impossible not to talk about the political situation. If Arsenal decided to open a football school in Israel, are you telling me as a club they would not consider the political situation there and the possible ramifications it could have. It wasn't that long ago that footballers refused to go to Israel because of the dangers that are inherent there.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
It is possible. It is easy. Just talk about flaming football and not politics.

(And that was just chavski muppets that wouldn't go anyway).

Any further posts not replying to the original question WILL be deleted.

vin de guerre

this is going nowhere. I appologise for my ignorance. this subject is not going to be answered. Lets lock this too! I cant be arsed to hear half baked political or religious ideas. I was only talking about football. By the way it is quite natural for the "new" establishment to have ties with Israel. Just look at the big boys at Highbury: Dein, Fizman and Edelman. ooops

Serip

Edit - Serip your comments were totally unacceptable, illogical, and quite frankly pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom