• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

'I don't want to goto chelsea' Helb

dafish

new soccernet article in a interview with helb.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=336852&cc=4716

seems like he's the type of player arsenal likes from that interview and has his head on straight unlike another former right winger of ours.

some good quotes from the interview:

'I visited the ground for a League match against Liverpool towards the end of last season and the noise of the crowd sent shivers down my spine.'

'He stands for fast, spectacular attacking football and that's how I prefer the game to be played.' (helb describing wenger)

'I know the competition for places at Arsenal will be intense but I'm prepared for it. It's up to me to show every day on the training ground that I'm worthy of a regular place in the side.'

'I don't think the physicality of the game in England can be any worse than in the Bundesliga,' he concludes.

'I was covered in bruises after every game in Germany. Sometimes it was unbelievable how aggressively I was treated. Anyway, in the Arsenal team, there are players who will be more closely marked than me.'

dafish

don't we already have him?

its just a matter of work permit which i seriously doubt there'll be any trouble ;)

dafish

whoztheman said:
he'z not the only player to dislike chelsea and refuse to go there.

thats not keane in a american football jersey is it?

that's the most terrible advatar u could make of him!!! i love it! :twisted:

gunner_down_under

Keane...Lol....what an ugly c*nt.....

coming back to hleb, i like the quote about other people who will be closely marked than him....nice to know that he knows where he stands in the team!

Feis-al

And that kind of "Can't go back on my word" Leaves lots of respect sorrounding this guy even if Madrid came :roll: Just kidding but I already like the guy.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
dafish said:
whoztheman said:
he'z not the only player to dislike chelsea and refuse to go there.

thats not keane in a american football jersey is it?

that's the most terrible advatar u could make of him!!! i love it! :twisted:

interesting person to choose to chage his head from.. Warren Sapp is a HUGE balck guy (and even more outspoken than Keane)... heh

throwing a little "Glazer" jab at Keano, eh?

air

I felt some players had to start rejecting Chelsea at some point.

Why would someone want to become their next Scott Parker or Mateja Kezman? I bet there will be a couple of those cases again this season, perhaps Wayne Bridge or William Gallas.

Sure, players drop out of teams all the time. It just feels Chelsea will go for anybody who could be a little better for some position, whereas other clubs might even have some respect for a player who has played well before, or give some time for a new signing to settle.

yoinkster

the title is wrong because it says Helb.
From what he's said I think it won't be long until someone's got a song for him, especially if he starts the season well, he has all the attributes to become a solid fan favourite, may the hate of chelski continue to run through the world of football :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom