• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

I know this is pessemistic but...

Does anyone else think we are watching the downfall of Arsenal? We have little money to spend, we seem to be turning into West Ham on the field, and our competition has grown stronger. It used to be top 4... now it's top 6 and I think were falling out of that with Wolves and Leicester. We need a serious overhaul to the squad, the only players I'd keep for a title competing squad are Auba, Laca, Pepe, Tierney maybe, Leno, Torreira maybe. Starters that is. I'd keep Saka, Martinelli, etc.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Does anyone else think we are watching the downfall of Arsenal? We have little money to spend, we seem to be turning into West Ham on the field, and our competition has grown stronger. It used to be top 4... now it's top 6 and I think were falling out of that with Wolves and Leicester. We need a serious overhaul to the squad, the only players I'd keep for a title competing squad are Auba, Laca, Pepe, Tierney maybe, Leno, Torreira maybe. Starters that is. I'd keep Saka, Martinelli, etc.
Yes we are. We have seen Arsenal decline from a league-winning team to a team that fought to stay in the top four and we are now in the last stages of being a team that fights to be in the top six.

I expect us to struggle to be higher than 8th in the next couple of seasons and, unless there is a change of ownership to become a mid-table team after that, sort of fluctuating between 9th and 14th. It is not totally out of the question that we might at some point be involved in a relegation battle.

Only a change of ownership will halt this decline. The owner has consistently shown himself not to be a fit and proper person to run this club ever since he acquired influence over the board.

Yeah... that's my fear. We're not Man U who spends 200 Million regardless of results, or Chelsea who has an owner who invests, or Man City who... Has no budget limits... We have to hope that our youth players are the next big things.... Immediately

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Yeah... that's my fear. We're not Man U who spends 200 Million regardless of results, or Chelsea who has an owner who invests, or Man City who... Has no budget limits... We have to hope that our youth players are the next big things.... Immediately
Youth will win us nothing unless it is backed by experience and by quality. Teams which are where we are now produce a lot of young players and lose the top ones very quickly. We're already in danger of losing Saka who is the best of the crop at the moment. You build your hopes up but before they can achieve anything for us they're off.

Youth will win us nothing unless it is backed by experience and by quality. Teams which are where we are now produce a lot of young players and lose the top ones very quickly. We're already in danger of losing Saka who is the best of the crop at the moment. You build your hopes up but before they can achieve anything for us they're off.
Yeah, that's the premise of my pessimism. I think we need to buy hidden gems left and right to get back to top 4 contention every year. We have a few that could get there, but not many

Polar Bear

Yes, and I have been feeling that way for quite a while now. We used to win the prem, and were always in the top few teams, but now we are very mediocre, we have been mediocre for a number of seasons, and we seem to be getting slightly worse every year, it just gets worse little by little, never better.

If results go against us we could be 12th before we next play, yes thats right. We have to face it and realize what we have become, this is NOT a blip, this has been going on for years!! we have been declining

Just to think we have players like Dennis Bergkamp and Thierry Henry and Tony Adams at this club, to name only a few, absolute world class players who were beyond talented, and most of all they were winners. Now look what we have, no winners at all, and a big lack of quality, I like Auba and Leno but not a lot else really excites me, lots of very unproven young players and lots of very bad established players.

Yes, and I have been feeling that way for quite a while now. We used to win the prem, and were always in the top few teams, but now we are very mediocre, we have been mediocre for a number of seasons, and we seem to be getting slightly worse every year, it just gets worse little by little, never better.

If results go against us we could be 12th before we next play, yes thats right. We have to face it and realize what we have become, this is NOT a blip, this has been going on for years!! we have been declining

Just to think we have players like Dennis Bergkamp and Thierry Henry and Tony Adams at this club, to name only a few, absolute world class players who were beyond talented, and most of all they were winners. Now look what we have, no winners at all, and a big lack of quality, I like Auba and Leno but not a lot else really excites me, lots of very unproven young players and lots of very bad established players.
Yeah, at this point we might as well finish 15th. I'm hoping this will be a wake up call to Stanny Boy but I think that's a 3% chance.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We are in for several years of mid-table mediocrity at best. Better to get used to it. It is what it is.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It’s not pessimism, it’s just the truth really...it’s like saying “I don’t want to be pessimistic, but I think it will rain today”, while you’re looking out the window at a thunder storm.

Even though we haven’t been great at any point since the stadium move, there has been periods where I have had some real hope...but now, I have nothing left at this point.

Getting out of this hole we are in will be very, VERY difficult.

... Yeah... I'm a Syracuse sports fan as well.. people on those sites get much more angry about me posting anything but positive thinking. I guess this site is more realistic

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
If, and it is if still, we don't add suffiently this summer and sell at least 8 then no joke, this lot could go down. Talent wise, are they among the worst in the league? No. What they are is utterly spineless. This summer is the biggest in the clubs history. This current crop are relegation fodder because of the attitude embodied by people like Xhaka and his hissy fits.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger should have a role, not an active role though. You wouldn’t want him networking with agents and stuff.

Maybe he’ll sit on the board, get a new DoF, and then Arteta.

We’ve been watching the fall for years

Top Bottom