• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

I know this is pessemistic but...

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Next season will be similar, reckon mid table if we’re lucky. Once the big contracts are up in 2021 we will gradually be able to build up again, top 10, top six, top four etc etc.

Probably back challenging in 2030 best case scenario.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Everything the club do seems to be making things worse? All the ‘good’ players we sign end up flopping or wanting to leave, we change nearly everything at board level & it makes things worse, go for youth that flops now trying experience with youth & it’s even worse... I don’t think I can be excited for another false dawn again.
Even though we’re being ‘pessimistic’, I reckon it’s actually 100x worse than what we’re saying in this thread. I think we’re properly ****ed.

Arsenal going out sad
Been saying it for ages, you can see the decline is massive. In the old days you could recover quickly, now it won’t be easy as a number of clubs have much more financial power.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
A combined Chelsea, Arsenal and Man United XI if all players were fully fit.

Leno
AWB Rudiger Maguire Tierney
Kante Pogba
Pepe Fernandez Aubamayang
Lacazette

That's five arsenal players; I think Torreria would get into United's midfield as would Xhaka over Mctominey and Matic.

We have a very capable squad but the manager needs to find the right system to get a string of runs going.
Only Leno (since their GKs have driven off a cliff) and Auba (who may very well be the best player in a combined team) for me at the moment.

Lacazette shouldn't be anywhere near that team. Any of Abraham, Martial and Rashford all better this season. Realistically, the answer at striker is Aubamayang by far, with someone else starting at LW (Martial, Mount, Pulisic, etc.).

Tierney (~15 apps across all comps) over Shaw, Alonso, Palmieri or Azpilicueta (who's been getting games over there instead of Alonso) is far from a definite.

I like Pepe, but it's also hard to say with conviction he's better than Willian at this point. Could also throw Rashford, Martial, Mount or Pulisic out there. Pepe mainly 'benefits' here from other 2 teams not having a true solution at RW (yet).

I also don't think Xhaka or Torreria get into either team's standalone midfield.

Long story short, we've a lot of careful work to do to this summer. Can't afford any more 'pay for a starter, get a questionable-at-best squad player' transfers.'

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The Hale end are producing enough liquid assets to keep us afloat. We are done as a top team, but should be knocking around Europa for a few years.

GoonerJay24

Lacazette is a huge part of the problem. Dreadful first touch and takes a year to get a shot off. He's pathetic.

Think he lacks confidence which impacts his form this year; think at his best he starts at United over their current strikers and probably Chelsea too

We are gonna be a team in decline until the Kroenke’s leave. It will be interesting to see what they do this summer, as this has been our worst season in absolute ages. Hopefully that guy can come in and buy Arsenal in 2021, the only way it halts are fall.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We are 6 points off 5th place not 20 points; I know we're far away from challenging the elite sides but my point is all our rivals for top five have been inconsistent too and there's only five points between 10th-5th.

Despite our current performance's fans should remember this.
We are closer to the relegation places than to 3rd.

At his best Lacazette has shown more than strikers at rival teams

Chelsea's wingers like Hudson Odoi and Pulisic are talented but still integrating into first team football. I'd definitely take Pepe over Willian and Pedro who seems past it. It is ultimately just my opinion but feel many players would get into the other side's.​

Shaw is unreliable and average at best whilst Alonso is susceptible to lapses in defence; Tierney is way more complete and probably Kolasinac too. It is ultimately just my opinion but feel many players would get into the other side's.

I bet you weren't saying this team is incapable of performing the basic attacking and defending principles before lockdown; we had two bad games but many players are injured and Arteta is still learning as a manager.

We just have to get behind the team and realise this is an exceptional season where most top sides are performing to their highest standards. If we were 15 points behind I'd be more angry but the nature of this season's different.
I would take any winger from Chelsea and United than Pepe, and I would even take Giroud back than have Lacazette. I can't believe how much money was wasted on those 2, absolute garbage

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think the stadium and club name will keep us out of any relegation battles but I am expecting us to have a few ‘Liverpool’ years.

We’ll miss out on Europe completely and become a bit of a non-factor without being a complete roll over fixture.

If we’re lucky we’ll stumble upon our Klopp or sign a Suarez/Coutinho who combine with a few emerging young talents to kick-start a revival. These things are cyclical they say...

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

There’s definitely a curse aspect too.

Probability wise, we can’t keep getting this unlucky.
My favourite part of our curse is how every single ex player will score against us for their new side, win a trophy and slag us off after it.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think the stadium and club name will keep us out of any relegation battles but I am expecting us to have a few ‘Liverpool’ years.

We’ll miss out on Europe completely and become a bit of a non-factor without being a complete roll over fixture.

If we’re lucky we’ll stumble upon our Klopp or sign a Suarez/Coutinho who combine with a few emerging young talents to kick-start a revival. These things are cyclical they say...

0_Mikel-Arteta-press-conference--Arsenal-vs-Sporting-CP.jpg
webpc-passthru.php

3500.jpg

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Can not believe how accurate my post turned out to be :lol:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Top Bottom