• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

I may be paranoid, but here's the proof VAR is shafting us

GoonerJay24

Of course they are. The PGMO are another group implicit in this Anti-Arsenal agenda.

I think even opposition players know, look how Benteke slapped Elneny last week; he knew he'd get away with it against us.

When one scrutinises our games this season you find that Arsenal commit 9.29 fouls per game; the Premier Leagues lowest. In return they get 1.39 yellow cards per game.

But these fouls and cards are not equally awarded by all referees. When analysing we can discover that more fouls and yellow cards are given by certain referees.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
So a correct game winning penalty given by VAR would be taken away in this league table/stat?

Every correct VAR decision has been removed?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
That’s what I was about to say. Surely without VAR = with on pitch referee error?

I'm already of the impression that this is going to be an awful thread, I just want it confirmed :lol:

If you remove VAR then you have to remove every correct decision which is absolute nonsense, teams have won games on correct VAR decisions, Leicester won the FA Cup on a correct VAR decision?

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I'm already of the impression that this is going to be an awful thread, I just want it confirmed :lol:

If you remove VAR then you have to remove every correct decision which is absolute nonsense, teams have won games on correct VAR decisions, Leicester won the FA Cup on a correct VAR decision?
You only remove correct VAR decisions if they go against Arsenal of course! I love this format.

Is there a petition we can sign?

@Riou imagine this is table since Christmas. We'd probably be champions.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Of course they are. The PGMO are another group implicit in this Anti-Arsenal agenda.

I think even opposition players know, look how Benteke slapped Elneny last week; he knew he'd get away with it against us.

When one scrutinises our games this season you find that Arsenal commit 9.29 fouls per game; the Premier Leagues lowest. In return they get 1.39 yellow cards per game.

But these fouls and cards are not equally awarded by all referees. When analysing we can discover that more fouls and yellow cards are given by certain referees.
How Arsenal and Arsenal players are being treated compared to any other club is beyond the pale. You just mention one example from that one game. Take the studs challenge on Chambers that could easily have broken his leg. Should have been a straight red over VAR but nothing! All the while Luiz gets a red against Wolves...

How anyone can watch Arsenal year in and year out and not notice the clear and obvious bias against us from the English referees is beyond me! **** I hate the PL refs! Moss, Dean etc. Just a bunch of ****s! ****ing cheaters the lot!

D

Dial Square 1886

It's not proof at all!!

This is the tiniest of tiny sample sizes. You would need masses of data over many seasons to draw any sort of conclusions and even then, it would be hard to prove systemic bias.

GoonerJay24

How Arsenal and Arsenal players are being treated compared to any other club is beyond the pale. You just mention one example from that one game. Take the studs challenge on Chambers that could easily have broken his leg. Should have been a straight red over VAR but nothing! All the while Luiz gets a red against Wolves...

How anyone can watch Arsenal year in and year out and not notice the clear and obvious bias against us from the English referees is beyond me! **** I hate the PL refs! Moss, Dean etc. Just a bunch of ****s! ****ing cheaters the lot!
Your right mate, Unfortunately this information won't be publicised by the mainstream footballing media and the social media football blogs, largely, I'd imagine because it undermines a central tenet of their reporting: that domestic refereeing is clean and pure, and without any bias. If they do make mistakes, well, it’s because they are only human.

But examining the real figures on referee decision making are weird. If you check the reliable sources like Whoscored.com you'd be surprised.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Anyone still remember why David Luiz was sent off against Wolves without Pawson consulting VAR? Or that Burnley defender handling the ball against Pepe which VAR conveniently didn't look at

Some of the worst VAR decisions have gone us this year, I don't think any other club could argue against that.

amigo

All this shows is that Arsenal appears to have been the most adversely affected by VAR decisions. It doesn't analyse whether the VAR decisions were right or wrong, (most probably were.) It cannot tell if a penalty was given that was chalked off by VAR would have been scored, and also cannot tell how exactly the game or season would have ended if those decisions were not given. So it is not as revealing as many people think and definitely does not prove bias. It doesn't even prove that the table would exactly have been like that had the decisions not been given because of knock-on effects that cannot be accounted for. Sorry to rain on the paranoia parade.

African Flair

That quite remarkable. Though not every VAR decision is wrong we have had a lot of calls go against us where similar thing not ever looked a week later. Some offside calls have also been ridiculous like Pepe's elbow by a hairpin.

Tom Mix

For the avoidance of doubt and to correct any misrepresentations in some posts above: this is not a table produced by Arsenal, its fans or with a pro-Arsenal agenda in mind.

It was done as an exercise by a respected daily newspaper in UK. It is tangible evidence of the kind of bias we have suspected about throughout the season.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
For the avoidance of doubt and to correct any misrepresentations in some posts above: this is not a table produced by Arsenal, its fans or with a pro-Arsenal agenda in mind.

It was done as an exercise by a respected daily newspaper in UK. It is tangible evidence of the kind of bias we have suspected about throughout the season.
There's no bias. We've been shît. We deserve to be 8th. Every metric shows that we deserve to be 8th.

Latest posts

Top Bottom