• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

I may be paranoid, but here's the proof VAR is shafting us

Theresa

Interesting. Is there conclusive proof which supports my theory that var and refereeing decisions have wrongly gone against Arsenal more than other teams this season?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This thread is actually embarrassing. I've resisted clicking on it but it's hung around for a while and wow, I'm so embarrassed.

I really can not be bothered to look into it but the majority of VAR decisions are correct decisions, especially the overturns, the offsides and the handballs. What's left is just poor refereeing, mainly via the mistake not being clear and/or obvious.

A lot of this wouldn't matter if we didn't have a span of games where we had like 9 goals in 11 home games for **** sake.

One thing I will say though, David Luiz really gets shafted by refs quite a bit. He's gone now though so let's see.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I take back my original post, it's not embarrassing tbh. We do tend to get ****ed on the 'clear and obvious' stuff...but it still does happen to other teams.

One area where we seem to get quite unlucky is the soft reds/benefit of the doubt type stuff. Those usually never go in our favour.

Palace for example, the challenge on Chambers was bad but I wouldn't want one of our players sent off for that, especially that early in the game. A stern warning + yellow would have been fine but you feel that we could have easily got a red for that. Also agree with Beneteke not being sent off when he clearly wasn't trying to push whoever in the face, he just happened to brush their face. Again, I wouldn't want an Arsenal player sent off for that, but you feel like we would have.

Highlight has to be the double jeopardy thing never applying to David Luiz. :lol:

However, we are in no position to really complain about this stuff, we kind of deserve to be 8th. The key to getting those benefit of the doubt and soft decisions is to actually be a better team, I kid you not. When you're in our position nobody takes you seriously, when you're in a title charge or one of England's darlings then referees think twice before f*cking you over.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

And some fans probably made the same **** video with their clubs too, every fanbase thinks there is a ref bias against them lol. Pretty funny how similar the victim mentality is no matter who you talk to.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

And some fans probably made the same **** video with their clubs too, every fanbase thinks there is a ref bias against them lol. Pretty funny how similar the victim mentality is no matter who you talk to.
The problem with your reasoning is that referee bias against Arsenal doesn’t mean other teams don’t get bad decisions or other teams fans don’t moan about poor decisions, but that over a season we get more of those decisions. There have already been posts with “stats” showing how we have been disadvantaged. I am sure they don’t have the most solid foundation but they at least support the point.

Of course other teams suffer incorrect decisions, but I would really have issues with eg anyone saying ManU is being treated the same as us by the referees. That just isn’t the case.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
The problem with your reasoning is that referee bias against Arsenal doesn’t mean other teams don’t get bad decisions or other teams fans don’t moan about poor decisions, but that over a season we get more of those decisions. There have already been posts with “stats” showing how we have been disadvantaged. I am sure they don’t have the most solid foundation but they at least support the point.

Of course other teams suffer incorrect decisions, but I would really have issues with eg anyone saying ManU is being treated the same as us by the referees. That just isn’t the case.

No I'm saying other teams fans think there is a ref bias against them(and only them lol) too. I've had United fans telling me refs treats them worse than any of the other big clubs and genuinely believe it.

Go to redcafe and you'll have their fans moaning about referees being against them, City and Liverpool fans will talk about conspiracy against them, Arsenal, Chelsea, Sp**s all the same. People just hyperfocus on decisions against them and disregard everything that goes in their favour. Reality is that the refs are just below standards and so a lot of mistakes and inconsistencies will be made.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

People just hyperfocus on decisions against them and disregard everything that goes in their favour. Reality is that the refs are just below standards and so a lot of mistakes and inconsistencies will be made.
I don’t disagree with the point that fans of all teams think they are being treated worse than others. That doesn’t though mean that therefore all teams are being treated equal and it is all only in the eye of the beholder. This is where I think your arguments weakness lies.

Look, without a proper investigation by the club into this we will never know for sure how bad it is and if it is indeed just supporters’ bias observations. I would be in support for the club raising more of a stink about this matter.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
No I'm saying other teams fans think there is a ref bias against them(and only them lol) too. I've had United fans telling me refs treats them worse than any of the other big clubs and genuinely believe it.

Go to redcafe and you'll have their fans moaning about referees being against them, City and Liverpool fans will talk about conspiracy against them, Arsenal, Chelsea, Sp**s all the same. People just hyperfocus on decisions against them and disregard everything that goes in their favour. Reality is that the refs are just below standards and so a lot of mistakes and inconsistencies will be made.
Every club fanbase think the media, refs and r/soccer are bias against them. I've even seen irrelevant teams like Everton and Southampton moan about media being bias against them like anyone cares lmao.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
However, we are in no position to really complain about this stuff, we kind of deserve to be 8th. The key to getting those benefit of the doubt and soft decisions is to actually be a better team, I kid you not. When you're in our position nobody takes you seriously, when you're in a title charge or one of England's darlings then referees think twice before f*cking you over.
What do you mean? The stuff that went against us were against weaker sides... So why do they get advantages when they aren't better?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Love how Arsenal fans have statistics to back up a clear bias in refereeing decisions but its dismissed because of the feelings of Chelsea fans, also I just learnt that Chelsea fans have more emotions than tired and hungry

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Are you guys seeing how amazingly executed VAR is in the Euros??

Arsenal aside, Mike Riley and his gang of referees really are ****ing up, perhaps on purpose because they feel offended video refereeing is required. It’s being done so absolutely horrendously here, like 4/10. The Euros has been basically perfect and so was the first major tourney with this implemented. The PL have had years now to perfect the system.

Overly proud country is England imo. Almost insecure at times.

Sack Mike Riley.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arsenal are a nothing club, no reason to shaft us. Also, every club, outside Utd and their 200 penalties in the last year, would say they get shafted.

Where we did get shafted was in the early years of Wenger where we lost titles due to it - clear corruption, Ferguson had a cosy relationship with officials and governing bodies, while Wenger was a new idealistic foreigner.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Are you guys seeing how amazingly executed VAR is in the Euros??

Arsenal aside, Mike Riley and his gang of referees really are ****ing up, perhaps on purpose because they feel offended video refereeing is required. It’s being done so absolutely horrendously here, like 4/10. The Euros has been basically perfect and so was the first major tourney with this implemented. The PL have had years now to perfect the system.

Overly proud country is England imo. Almost insecure at times.

Sack Mike Riley.
Both the general officiating and VAR has been head and shoulders above what the PL is offering up. Really hope Mike Riley gets the sack.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Both the general officiating and VAR has been head and shoulders above what the PL is offering up. Really hope Mike Riley gets the sack.
We really need Anthony Taylor to make a horrendous mistake that gets talked about more than the footy and embarrassing the FA. This cabal is shameless

Latest posts+

Top Bottom