• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

i shall court controversy

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
Call me an idiot but Robert Pires is the best finisher we have. he does not miss chances at the ratio that henry and other players do. lambast me and call me an idiot. i await your wrath.

Canuck

Established Member
*lol* Taking a chance are we?

I kind of agree with you though...it's true Henry takes more chances so rationally he would have a higher number of misses. While Rob seems to capitalize on every chance he gets. I think that Rob is just used to being a player who sets up plays and if his shot isn't so good he is more likely to play the ball out to someone else.

So I guess you are not a complete idiot though be prepared to hear that more than a couple times soon. :mrgreen:

GoonerLuke

gunnertilldeath said:
Call me an idiot but Robert Pires is the best finisher we have. he does not miss chances at the ratio that henry and other players do. lambast me and call me an idiot. i await your wrath.

I agree. Pires scores from the most acute angles. I'd definitely put him as the teams best finisher. In a one on one situation I'd take Bob Pies over Bergs, Henry, Reyes, etc. His combination of composure and technical skill simply can't be matched, though Bergkamp is close.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
thats a surprise. i expected to have been called a drunken idiot (not too far from the truth) by now.

KoLo28

Stop talking utter non-sense you drunken idiot :lol:

It's only that way because Henry has alot more chances to score because he's a striker and because of this his ratio will not be as good, pires gets less chances than henry meaning he has a better ratio because of his supreme finishing skills, however if henry and pires and the same ammount of chances there ratio to goal attempts to goals scored would be near identical. They are both class players with amazing finishing skills.

vin de guerre

Stop talking utter non-sense you drunken idiot :evil:
If I'm not mistaken you get points for winning games by putting the ball in the net more times than the opposition. Therefore the most effective striker is the player who scores most goals and not have a hi ratio of convertions to attempts. (surely Lehmann must be a good striker since he hasnt missed a chance for over a season!). So this thread is utter bilge and should be locked to avoid further embarrsement to the author of this misguided drivel. :lol:

Mark

Established Member
You may have a point. When given a chance Pires almost always puts it away. He also finds the goals from long range a lot too. I don't know the stats but I'd like to.

Ally

Erm, Pires *is* the best finisher we have IMO, and by quite a long way at that.

Check the 'Arsenal stats' thread.

Every single time he shot on target with his left foot last season, he scored.

Absolutely lethal player - no waste, no bullshit. Perfectly valid opinion mate.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
currently, Bergkamp & Reyes have a better goals/shots ratio than Pires & TH do... but this is just for this year thus far....

Scorers Team Goals Goals/shots
J A Reyes Arsenal 4 44%
T Henry Arsenal 4 25%
D Bergkamp Arsenal 3 50%
R Pires Arsenal 3 43%

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
did ya also know that Fabregas is one of the top passers in the league thus far percentage-wise?

Passers Team Passes Accuracy

F Lampard Chelsea 277 81%
C Makelele Chelsea 261 86%
G Neville Man Utd 261 85%

F Fabregas Arsenal 252 87%

P Scholes Man Utd 237 84%

jeromelee

USArsenal said:
currently, Bergkamp & Reyes have a better goals/shots ratio than Pires & TH do... but this is just for this year thus far....

Scorers Team Goals Goals/shots
J A Reyes Arsenal 4 44%
T Henry Arsenal 4 25%
D Bergkamp Arsenal 3 50%
R Pires Arsenal 3 43%

I guess Henry's goals/shot ratio will always be pretty low because he has a habit of taking shots even when there doesn't seem to be a hole at the goal. Sometimes he scores from these "tries" and it'll be an excellent goal but most likely the keeper will get to it. But I'm not faulting him in anyway. I'm really happy to have a player who'll continuously keep the opponents keeper on his toes. They just never know when Henry will try a shot. Especially his trademark grounders to the bottom corners of the post. Of course he won't be able to score as often when he's trying all kinds of shots.

As for Bergy, he always seems to take shots only when he knows he has a higher percentage of scoring. Otherwise he'd just pass it along to someone else.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
USArsenal said:
did ya also know that Fabregas is one of the top passers in the league thus far percentage-wise?

Passers Team Passes Accuracy

F Lampard Chelsea 277 81%
C Makelele Chelsea 261 86%
G Neville Man Utd 261 85%

F Fabregas Arsenal 252 87%

P Scholes Man Utd 237 84%
Yeah. Saw that a while back. Seems an amazing feat for such a young player playing his first four competitive games in the Premiership. He actually is the best passer percentage-wise.

Asterix

Established Member
We spent all that time looking for the Fox in the Box, and all this time he was right under our noses. All hail Bob, the Fox!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom