• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

I went to buy an Arsenal shirt and.....

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 34
  • Views 1,065

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I got mine done on the Arsenal Shop Online, with TOURE 28 on the back with a premiership badge. Does anyone know whether it will be the gold champions one. Also how come premiership teams dont do the same as the Italian teams and have stars representing every 10 championships they win?

CMS

Arsenal1989 said:
Whys that then?

i dunno, am not a big fan of southern europe football (italy,spain, portugal,greece).....

so first i am always very sceptic about the players of those countries as welll......

including reyes.....

he's a good player and became better and better with each game
he played last season, but i haven't seen so many really outstanding scenes by him.....

am not convinced yet about him.

if i compare him to players like henry, pires, vieira, campbell, cole, ljungberg, which all have lots of outstanding moments, reyes needs still to develop a lot to get there.....

especially henry. pires and ljungberg are some outstanding players....

i don t need to mention any reason for henry......

but pires, after a long time injury he came back so strong and is even better now than ever, his attacking skills are amazing and he can shoot lots of goals or assist lots of goals quickly....

same is with ljungberg, that guy is a pure class technician, with awesome ball control and he is smart and fast....

i think ljunberg and henry are quite similar at the way they play football....

OoDy

I`m thinking of ordering the shirt online.. so i don`t get to wear it untill i get it.. i always get X-Large and i`m wondering does it have a tight fit to it?.. if yes then i`ll have to buy a Large size

i need your help guys.. anyone?

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
CMS - I think your critique of Reyes is just plain daft.

What did people think of the players you've lauded after they'd played 20 games.

I'll tell you. Most people though Henry would never make a striker and Pires was too lightweight. And Freddie was nuts (well, 1 outta 3). Reyes has shown more in his first 20 games than Pires and Henry added together!

If Henry breaks IWWW's record (as he should this term) then Reyes will break that record.

dynasty

poeple who went to the shirts shop..was it just viera dolls or all old ones..because im thinking it might just be because its the old dolls...
if its just viera..then ill get worried

CMS

shops SHOULD knowmore than anyone else about the situations in the squad.....

they bring lots of money and they must watch out, to not have too many angry fans with vieira shirts if vieira is already sold......

that s one example why shops know more than we do....

wrightgooner

When I got the yellow away shirt last year, I thought long and hard about what, if anything to put on the back.

In the end, I just put a number - no name - 4

Something was in the water even then, though I, like us all, hope nothing comes of it and Arsenal sell loads of shirts in the future with the name of PV4 on the back

solthegunner

Went to the shop yesterday to get a shirt and its not just vieria dolls, its a few different players. They're just in a discount bin.
The badges have changed they're not golden lions anymore its just gold trim round the edge and a different shape.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
CMS said:
shops SHOULD knowmore than anyone else about the situations in the squad.....

they bring lots of money and they must watch out, to not have too many angry fans with vieira shirts if vieira is already sold......

that s one example why shops know more than we do....

Cobblers. Why on earth would shop monkeys know anything?? These aren't executives, they're just (and I don't mean to offend any shop workers here) the absolute bottom of the commercial chain. They know absolutely nothing whatsoever!

As for stuff being sold off cheap, well of course it is. In case you people haven't noticed:

i. There are no matches at Highbury during the summer.
ii. The shop does little business in the summer.
iii. After the summer all kinds of 'new' stuff gets released, be it shirts or corinthian (type) player figures.

Now, imagine you run a shop and for part of the year you have very few customers and last seasons stock to sell. What would you do? Now think hard, it's a toughie. Got it yet? (Penny drops) Ahhh, yes, you have a sale to attract people to the shop and get rid of last seasons stuff.

Doesn't matter if it's the Arsenal shop or a high street clothes shop.

Top Bottom