• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ibrahimovic: I am amongst the top players in the world!

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

RvP has one deft touch though; did you see those touches and feints on the edge of the Pana penalty box the other night? Fake Ronaldo eat your heart out...

patrick42uk

Established Member
perharps i should re-phrase 'a similar size' to 'a willigness to use his body with back to goal' which is a factor ibrahimovic and van persie do share in common, along with kanu, kluivert all wenger linked/signed players. its weird that wenger has been stereotyped as not liking target men, but perharps the level of technique these players posess distinguish them from other conventional target men. i think wenger's liking for them probably stems from the great ajax side of the 90s that played a 3-3-1-3 system with a target man (kanu or kluivert) flanked by two pacy players (finidi and overmars), all supported by a number 10 in the shape of litmanen.

despite even wenger stating to the contrary recently, i'v absolutely convinced myself that van persie will play as the furthest forward rather than in the hole like bergkamp. he could then be partnered by a pacy player, say henry with his tendency to drift to the left and anothe pacy player, ljungberg, on the right. the origninal left midfielder will drift central, say pires or reyes, meaning we inadvertenly form a 1-3 as that ajax side.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
the simple fact.. Zlatan can say what he wants.. Just like Arsenal... once he wins something, then he can consider himself one of the best in the world.. we wont be considered great until we win the big one (CL). Zlatan has never won anything major, and until he does, he can be as self-confident as he wants, but he doesnt have a truthful leg to stand on...

having said that, he is undeniably a great talent, and is getting better... much better now than he was in Holland

lewdikris

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
perharps i should re-phrase 'a similar size' to 'a willigness to use his body with back to goal' which is a factor ibrahimovic and van persie do share in common, along with kanu, kluivert all wenger linked/signed players. its weird that wenger has been stereotyped as not liking target men, but perharps the level of technique these players posess distinguish them from other conventional target men. i think wenger's liking for them probably stems from the great ajax side of the 90s that played a 3-3-1-3 system with a target man (kanu or kluivert) flanked by two pacy players (finidi and overmars), all supported by a number 10 in the shape of litmanen.

Well said Patrick. That's what Van Persie's here to do. Back to goal stuff.

Ibrahimovic is brilliant, but a prick. Simple equation really.

And jesus, I haven't heard Finidi's name mentioned in a long time. Whatever happened to him?

A

Anonymous

patrick42uk said:
wenger's got van persie now who has a got similar touch, similar dribbling skills and a similar size to ibrahimovic. wenger does like his tall target men with top technique. only difference is ibrahimovic has more strength probably. van persie is younger though.

Van Persie - 6.0 ins

Zlatan - 6.4 ins

I'm sure Robin is taller than that though.
He looks well over what he is.

J_Bo

montella the topscorer of the serie a .... oh did i mention it's the most defensive league in the world and that the premiership is filled with **** teams like charlton and blackburn and west bromwich and norwich etc and henry dont even score against them sometimes
im not dissing henry but i all im sayin is that i would love to see montella and shevchecnko,playin against superb defenses would do against tottenham today =/

skart14

Kristian said:
patrick42uk said:
wenger's got van persie now who has a got similar touch, similar dribbling skills and a similar size to ibrahimovic. wenger does like his tall target men with top technique. only difference is ibrahimovic has more strength probably. van persie is younger though.

Van Persie - 6.0 ins

Zlatan - 6.4 ins

I'm sure Robin is taller than that though.
He looks well over what he is.

Zlatan's got be at least 7ft...with his gigantic ego and all...

Top Bottom