• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Idriss Carlos Kameni

Anocht

Arsenal post Rawley to track Espanyol duo Kameni, Lopo
tribalfootball.com - March 8, 2005

Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger has posted chief scout Steve Rawley to Barcelona to check on Espanyol pair Carlos Kameni and Alberto Lopo.

Centre-half Lopo is yet to hear from Espanyol over a new deal and his agent confirmed interest from Bolton Wanderers last month.

Cameroon international Kameni is emerging as one of the hottest young goalkeepers in Europe and is also a big money target for Manchester United.

The youngster insists he is happy at Espanyol, though has expressed concerns over Spanish football's racism problems.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.myfootballnews.co.uk/news_jump.html?team_id=1&story=180898" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.myfootballnews.co.uk/news_ju ... ory=180898</a>

Double_H

Established Member
kamini is a great shoot stopper
but he is like lehman you dont know when he will do a mistake

Canuck

Established Member
Yes but isn't Kameni much younger than Lehmann. Keepers need experience that comes with age to help them make those snap decisions. This kid may be a great keeper but needs coaching, while Jens is still making those same bad decisions.

Did anyone see Frey's big whoops last wee
kend?

AFCG7

Established Member
Kameni..great shot stopper.
Kameni dealing with crosses.. disaster waiting to happen.
He isnt the solution.

Mark

Established Member
No Kameni and no Frey. Both overrated. Very prone to error.

I really can't think of any more realistic target than Hildebrand. Imagine getting him and Kuffour for a combined transfer fee total of £0.

JazzG

Established Member
Mark said:
I really can't think of any more realistic target than Hildebrand. Imagine getting him and Kuffour for a combined transfer fee total of £0.

Hildebrandt has signed a contract with Stuttgart so unless they are very generous no chance of us getting him for free ;)

Sammer

Established Member
We have to realize, that there are two goalkeepers at the moment, that play on a different level: Cech and Buffon.

Some goalkeepers come close (Casillas, Coupet, Hildebrandt and maybe Isaaksson), but whoever Arsène signs, they will not be able to match Buffon and Cech.

Buying Cech was Chelsea´s best signing, maybe even more important than Robben.

A

Anonymous

i beleive casillas is in that category. He is sensational nad is still so young. Ibeleive he matches it with buffon anyday

Ratinho

Established Member
Henry_Pires said:
if it is not because of money, Cech will sign for us.

Huh? :roll: Cech isn't going to leave Chelsea anytime soon, and if I had no affiliation with Arsenal, i'd sign for Chelsea right now.

Look, all keepers make mistakes, so we need to find a talent and stick with him and work with him to fix his mistakes. These things don't happen overnight, and tbh, i'd be ok with doing this with Stuart Taylor.

Sammer

Established Member
Pletikosa said:
i beleive casillas is in that category. He is sensational nad is still so young. Ibeleive he matches it with buffon anyday

No way. Buffon is a different class in terms of reading the game and claiming crosses. Cassillas is a superb shot stopper, but he lacks skill when coming out of his box.

There is no way that he can match Buffon "anyday".

A

Anonymous

Sammer said:
Pletikosa said:

No way. Buffon is a different class in terms of reading the game and claiming crosses. Cassillas is a superb shot stopper, but he lacks skill when coming out of his box.

thats your opinion. To me he is a proven international at such a young age. If real madrid thought Buffon was better than him they could go out and sing him in hte click of a finger.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Sammer said:
Pletikosa said:

Buffon is on his own - best keeper by a mile atm.

Cech needs another season to prove his worth.....but i'd rate him a close second with Hilderbrand a very close third. Hilderbrand is awesome - excellent shot stopper and can control the box.

A

Anonymous

dont agree with hildebrand. I beleive that we were getting carried away during the transfer window and because hildebrand was free we were all begging to sign him. I beleive taht he is a quality keeper although not the 3rd best in the world by any means. If he was he would most certainly be infront of Kahn and lehamn in the pecking order for Germany

Top Bottom