• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

If Arsène Wenger doesn't sign a new contract....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clockend_Original

Who would you like to replace him?

Hypothetically, if we don't win anything next season, or the board sell Cesc from under his feet, or he just wants a fresh challenge, AW might not sign a new contract with us. So who would you replace him with, if you were the board?

I've been impressed with Joachim Loew, the current German coach for a while, and would like him to replace Wenger. He has decent credentials, getting Germans to play good attacking football, whilst being able to defend, and would relish a move to a club like ours. Still relatively unknown, (unless the Germans win the world cup) and widely (in the press at least) expected to step down as German coach after the World Cup and have break, he could be ideal.

Of course this is pretty pointless as we are going to do the quadruple next season and AW will be king once more of North London and stay on with Cesc until the Catalan's contract runs out and they bow out together.

otfgoon

Established Member
Re: If Arsène Wenger doesn't sign a new contract....

I hear Domenech is free these days.

Rorz

Established Member

I'm sure the board and Arsène himself have a replacement in mind, and I would imagine it will either be someone internally promoted (Bould etc) or a manager of mid-level fame, who will have been tracked for some time.

Why does this remind me of our transfer policy.

yuvken

Established Member

Clockend_Original said:
do the quadruple next season and AW will be king once more of North London and stay on with Cesc until the Catalan's contract runs out and they bow out together.
No they won't. They'll both extend long term :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom