• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

If we fail

Liberace

ok this is worst case scenario but it is a distinct possibility so i'm just curious to what you all think if we:

1. lose to **** and
2. Miss out on fourth place and
3. fail to reach the final in CL

How much of a rebuilding job does there need to be? Do we need to change our playing style completely? Will Wenger persist with the younger players?

Maybe it's too early and too much to think about :wink: but you never know what can happen in football.

jaguars4ever

I'm willing to concede the 4th spot to **** are ****, as long as we win the Champions League. Robbing them of Europe would be akin to how we won promotion at their expense (through unscrupulous means) way back when. :D

That being said, we'll very likely beat them and finish 4th anyway.

Aussie

Established Member
Hang on a sec lets not get to positive. Dont forget we could also miss out on the UEFA cup.

Rahul

come on its just one game that we have lost to a very strong Manu side at OT

dont be so pesimistic

pablinho

uefa said that if Arsenal/villareal do not be in the first 4 positions in their own league and WIN the champions. Then you can´t get one spot for CL next year.

Arsène is building a team for the future!
I wouldn't be too disheartened if we failed to qualify for the CL this season as i can sense some exciting times coming our way!
Not only that, a good consolation prize for not reaching the CL would be to watch the **** do an Everton and get knocked out of the CL by someone like Maritimo! :lol:

gun4glory

I'm still rather confident of our 4th spot chances... Yesterday we lost to probab;y the best team in England right now... No shame in that... The rest of our games are easy (most against opposition from the second half of the table) except Tottenham, who will be the biggest game of the season probably...
After were were humbled by Man Utd at Highbury last season, we went of to finish above them (We're not gonna finish above them this year, but we can still do well enough), and had incredible form until the end of the season...
Asfor CL, although i am (very cloose to) positive we will win it :lol: We should rely on it like Pool last year...

yayo77

i would be very upset if we dont qualify for the CL, mainly because it would probably make thierry's mind up for him.

Meek

pablinho said:
uefa said that if Arsenal/villareal do not be in the first 4 positions in their own league and WIN the champions. Then you can´t get one spot for CL next year.

wtf? thats just stupid. source please?

Meek

the only negative aspect "if" we fail to qualify for the CL is that Henry might leave. I cant see other players really wanting to leave. we have exciting times ahead like good king said. we have a great future. dont worry. that been said, until its mathmatically possible that we cant finish 4th, just wait and see what happens. for the time being its still in our hands.

Ricky_AFC

I'm confident we will finish fourth still. Man Utd was always a game we could lose and we did, big deal, its still in our hands whether we get 4th or not.

If we didn't finish 4th though i think it'd be a bit of a disaster myself. Sure we have a bright future but we would probably lose Henry which would be very bad as well as not playing champions league football next year (if we didn't win it) which i would mis terribley and the money the club would lose out on if we didn't qualify would be a shame too.

Its not the end of the world if we don't finish fourth but it would be f**king horrible.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
if we fail, we fail...

the rebuilding process would be quite tough...

manure seem to suck it up better than us when they lost keane than us losing paddy...

perhaps it's about attitude and team spirit afterall...

Wenger14

Established Member
theodore said:
How much of a rebuilding job does there need to be?
Wenger will keep faith in our current crop of youngsters, add players where needed over the summer, and let them develop as they have done over the course of this season.

theodore said:
Do we need to change our playing style completely?
You being serious?

theodore said:
Will Wenger persist with the younger players?
Yes.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if we don't qualify. The board has already stated that, financially, we are ready for such a scenario. The only big loss I can see through this would be losing Henry and possibly a psychological blow on the players.

That being said,we are still favourites to fourth, and 2nd favs to win the CL. There's a long way to go yet, so let's try keep out the negativity and keep the faith.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Theo , I thought you would be optimistic after the weekend we did a lot better than you feared - 4 goals less actually! :lol:

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
jaguars4ever said:
I'm willing to concede the 4th spot to **** are ****, as long as we win the Champions League. Robbing them of Europe would be akin to how we won promotion at their expense (through unscrupulous means) way back when. :D

That being said, we'll very likely beat them and finish 4th anyway.
I agree with you let the spuds have 4th place and let us win the CL
:twisted:

Feanor

Established Member
This is sad, we lost one game and given our remaining schedule to ****'s, we're in the driver seat. Wenger did not go into the game Sunday trying to win it, it was very clear and I think the team played that way. It is a very dangerous gamble but we won't know until the next game. There would be no rebuilding, this is the rebuilding and this team will be scary next year.

kid_A

i dont think it will be a huge rebuliding job if we do fail, wenger has sewn all the right seeds this season. just think the youngsters will be stronger mentally and physically next year, wer going in the right direction. i still think we'l get 4th, its in our hands....

jester

Established Member
if we fail, we fail.
next year our income due to emirates stadium means we can compete with the big dogs in the transfer market. this means we will always be a big club. we will still get top players even without the cl next year, as players have seen how good we are this year in the cl, and know next year will be the only season without cl.

we will always be a top team as long as wenger is in charge

Top Bottom