• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

if we have feasible money, which striker should we get

which one

• Trez

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kluivert

• Eto

• Smith

• Kapo

• Robbin

• Saha

• Battie

• Cisse

• Kizman

• VDV

• Mido

• Total voters

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Trezeguet, but he is not in our price range. He and titi would an amazing partnership up front for us, but it is very unlikely that it will happen.

JGooner

Van Der Vaart by a million miles. This kid is going to become the best player in the world within the next few years when he moves to a major league and tears it up. Trezeguet is a fine predator and target man, which is arguably what we need, so I can understand why people would want to sign him. But he is very limited for a supposedly world class striker. VdV has superior talent, creativity, intelligence, and versatility. He is also left-footed, which seems to be a quality that Wenger wants (given his interest in other left-footers like Jeffers in 2001, Kewell last summer, and now Reyes).

lewdikris

Established Member
A left footed attacker would add something distinct to us, whoever it was. Reyes or VDV would be the ultimate choices in that sense .... but i'd still go for Eto'o, just cos I think he's the best potential striker as opposed to potential half-striker.

And a striker's what we need.

Still, Kluivert, Reyes, Eto'o .... they'd all be ****ing good, so let's not split too many hairs. And it'll be one of those three fo' sho'. Trez and VDV fuggeddabboutdit.

thegame24

Established Member
Ronaldinho for me but hes not on the list.

The guy is absolutly amazing and would be PERFECT for the way arsenal attack.

From the list probably van der vaart or an on form kluivert.

lewdikris

Established Member
Maybe he just completely miskicked the ball whenever he was on the pitch. He was basically right footed. I think.

Corny

Valleyman said:
If we had all the money in the would it'd have to be Trez. With our current financial situation, Kluivert gets my vote.

yep ditto there. Van der Vaart would be nice also :D

jc8gooner

Feel free to visit the Other Articles section to read my half term report. I would appreciate any feedback and constructive criticism. Thanks everyone.

HEATHEN

I think Kezman would be good to get, but only for the right price. Wenger is usually excellent in his choice of players to bring in, so i'm sure he'll make the right decision when the time comes. I don't think he will buy anyone in the transfer window, and that's because I don't think we really need another striker.
Bergkamp has shown some good form so far this season, and Kanu has been good when he has come on, and although Wiltord is out of the picture at the moment he can still do a job, and still holds a regular spot in the French squad.
Personally I would like to see a player like Rivaldo, only if he was very cheap, come to the club. He is a very creative player that could play up front with Henry or sit behind two strikers in a Scholes position. He is getting on a bit, but I think he would add the sort of creativity that seems to lack in Arsenal's game in the attacking half of the pitch. I thik that he would do really well in the Premier League, as long as no one throws a ball at his knee, it might injure his head somehow.
What's happened to Rivaldo anyway?

jc8gooner

He's gone to Cruzeiro, who are currently Brazilain Champions.

Anyway, he demands such a high wage, has attitude problems, is a cheat (World Cup remember), and is getting on a bit. Not for Arsenal.

jc8gooner

Anyway, he demands such a high wage, has attitude problems, is a cheat (World Cup remember), and is getting on a bit. Not for Arsenal.

jc8gooner

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
JazzG said:
I can't believe how many people want Trez over VdV, you people are having a laugh :?

Trez is good but is abit of a bender. More than once I've seen him miss the easiest chances, he does get into good positions though. VdV is amazing though, could watch him play all day. Creates and gets in positions to score, that kid is the left footed Bergkamp.

Thats a bit harsh Jazz. Trezeguet's record in Serie A is superb. He consistently scores goals in the most defense minded league in the world. He was the top scorer in Serie A a couple of seasons ago. imo he would compliment Henry perfectly.

n_henry

Trez would be heavenly :angel

And when they play for France together, it can only be good for us. :D

Sol man

Getting Trez would be fantastic. If there was something that pisses me off with him is the way he smiles when he misses chances :x

Top Bottom