• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Igor Tudor

alibey

Is there some truth about this??? I've seen that on the our local media. I've heard that Juventus is selling him for about 5 mil euros, that they don't want him after his bad games at Euro. I've also heard that he is London looking for his new football home, but it's closest to Arsenal. Is he one of the possible two signings this summer, as Wenger said? What do you think about him as a player?

KingReyes

Established Member
The only thing I heard about this was Juventus are interested in Sol Campbell and are ready to offer players in exchange. Tudor and Thruam have been mentioned.

Gregwin04

KingReyes said:
The only thing I heard about this was Juventus are interested in Sol Campbell and are ready to offer players in exchange. Tudor and Thruam have been mentioned.

i woudent take that

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Amazing how they're willing to give up two star defenders like Tudor and Thuram for Campbell. Speaking of Tudor, he'd be a good back up for us in both center back and central midfield roles. Could be a good get, but he and Thuram are no compensation for Campbell.

lewdikris

Established Member
Tudor is rubbish. Lazy - but talented.

And I hate to say it, but he's exactly the type of defender Wenger likes - ie, really tall, really powerful, and a good passer.

But I don't rate him anyways.

godfather

KingReyes said:

no way!!!

thegreatbriton

Basically Juve are taking the p*ss f they think that they can get Campbell.

By himself Tudor is a good player and I wouldn't mind him at Highbury.

Weakerthan

Use to be one of the best defenders in the world until his injury. He's never been the same since he recovered. A damn shame and he's still only 26. He still has that amazing heading ability though. Much like Campbell, he rarely loses an aerial challenge.

Would be good to have as back-up but no way would I take him if it meant losing Campbell. Not even if Juve offered us all of their ageing back-line.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
No way good enough for Arsenal. I don't blame Juventus for wanting to sell him after his shocking displays for Croatia at Euro 2004.

TB*Gooner*

GoonerGurjit said:
No way good enough for Arsenal. I don't blame Juventus for wanting to sell him after his shocking displays for Croatia at Euro 2004.

They are idiots if they are judging him on that. It's what he does for the club that matters. From what I have seen (Euro 2004 not included) he's a decent player but the mentality of players from eastern europe are not always that great. No offense.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
just coz the guy didnt perform at the european championships it doz not mean hez a crap player.

Hez a decent defender and i'd much rather have him as backup than have cygan who can easily be outpaced by most premiership strikers.

The Mini

GoonerGurjit said:

GoonerGurjit the optimist speaking there :roll: . One bad tournament doesnt ruin a player.

He plays just like Sol, but can also play in midfield. I can see him being brought on for the last 10 minutes of a game were just about winning in midfield next to Vieira. They'd be almost impossible to break down.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
most premiership strikers worth their salt would outpace all defenders

V. Nistelrooy ? Viduka ? Saha ? Crespo ? Mutu ? Bergkamp ? Heskey ? Shearer ? Angel ? Di Canio ?

Very few strikers have enough pace to outpace the defenders. Strikers like Thierry - Vassel - Beattie - Defoe and Owen.

asajoseph

Established Member
Whilst I aggree, do you remember what Shearer (who is generally regarded as a little 'slow) did to Desailly in their second game against Chelsea this season?

Latest posts

Top Bottom